My Ultimate Diet

Options
What do you think? Am I missing anything?

Vegetables:
Artichoke, Asparagus, Beets, Bell peppers, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Cucumber, Kimchi, Onions, Radishes, Rhubarb, Sauerkraut, Squash, and Turnips

Leafy green vegetables:
Arugula, Beet, Bok choy, Chard, Cilantro, Collard, Dandelion, Kale, Lettuces, Mustard, Parsley, Spinach, Turnip, Watercress

Sea vegetables:
Nori, Kombu (Kelp), Wakame, Dulse

Fruits:
Apple, Apricot, Banana, Cherries, Dates, Figs, Grapefruit, Grapes, Mango, Nectarine, Orange, Papaya,Peaches,Persimmons, Pineapple, Plum, Pummelos, and Tangerines

Berries: high in anti-oxidants
Blackberries, Blueberries, Cranberries, Raspberries, and Strawberries

Fatty Fruits:
Olives and Avocados. These are two of the best sources of fats.

Seed grains:
Amaranth, Buckwheat and Quinoa. I'm picky about my grains and these three are actually seeds. I
like the ones that are higher in protein (13-15%).

Legumes:
Garbanzo beans (Chickpeas)

Nuts:
Almonds, Brazil nuts, Cashews, Hazelnuts, Jungle Peanuts, Macadamia nuts, Pecans, Pistachios, and Walnuts

Seeds:
Chia, Flax, Hemp, Pumpkin, Sesame, and Sunflower

Meat:
Bison, Chicken(organic), Duck, Elk, Goose, Lamb, Turkey(organic), Venison
Organic Beef and hormone free pork 1x a week

Fish:
Salmon, Sardines, Trout, Tuna

Oils:
Coconut, Flax, Hemp, Olive

Condiments and Miscellanous:
Apple Cider Vinegar, Black Pepper, Cacao powder, Carob powder, Chickpea Miso, Coconut Liquid Aminos, Kimchi, Maca powder, Sea Salt, Stone-ground Mustard, and Tamari(wheat-free)

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Or just eat and avoid all the aggravation of deciding whether it's "clean" or "healthy" or any of the other buzz words bouncing around.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Or just eat and avoid all the aggravation of deciding whether it's "clean" or "healthy" or any of the other buzz words bouncing around.
    I wish I could eat anything I wanted but I have medical issues that some foods aggravate like sugar.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I like arugula with my leafy greens, and I'm picky on lettuce as some of it is as nutritionally-dense as the cardboard it's shipped in (ie: iceberg).

I personally group cherries with berries due to their similarity in antioxidant levels and glycemic index... but there still there so it's all good =)

I also like free-range hormone-free beef, pork and chicken - which for some are hard to find. And eggs. Love my eggs.

Edit: Oh - I didn't see much in the way of oils... I don't know about you, but I prefer mine as natural (ie: unrefined) as possible, so things like coconut and red palm oil (great medium-chain triglycerides) and naturally cold-pressed olive oil, etc.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My ultimate diet would be ice cream, cheesecake, cookies, and lobster! :drinker: lol
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    Why you hating on steak, man?

What's wrong with oats?

You are missing ton in the seafood category: shrimp, clams, halibut, tialpia, steelhead, seabass, crab, etc.
  • leighann881
    Options
    You also missed bacon :noway:

cookie+sandwich.gif

and cookies and ice cream for the matter :glasses:
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    I like arugula with my leafy greens, and I'm picky on lettuce as some of it is as nutritionally-dense as the cardboard it's shipped in (ie: iceberg).

I personally group cherries with berries due to their similarity in antioxidant levels and glycemic index... but there still there so it's all good =)

I also like free-range hormone-free beef, pork and chicken - which for some are hard to find. And eggs. Love my eggs.

Edit: Oh - I didn't see much in the way of oils... I don't know about you, but I prefer mine as natural (ie: unrefined) as possible, so things like coconut and red palm oil (great medium-chain triglycerides) and naturally cold-pressed olive oil, etc.

I added argula and oils that I use occasionally. Thanks for the tips. I'll put beef and pork on there too.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options

It's kind of funny that you mention that you like arugula and then go on to mention how low in nutrients iceberg lettuce is, since arugula and iceberg are actually pretty close in terms of nutrients. To compare (info from the USDA nutrient database):

One cup of raw arugula has .5 g protein, .3 mg iron, 16% DV of vitamin A, 3% of vitamin C, and 18% DV vitamin K

One cup iceberg lettuce has .6 g protein, .3 mg iron, 12% DV of vitamin A, 2% DV of vitamin C, and 14% DV of vitamin K

Obviously go ahead and keep eating arugula if you like it - I just found this out recently and it was a big surprise to me, so I figured I'd share.

OP - I assume you're avoiding wheat products due to some sort of gluten intolerance, based on your note on tamari, but I'm not sure why you're avoiding shellfish (unless you're allergic?). Shrimp are great! Also, if you like salmon and trout, you'd probably enjoy arctic char - it's somewhere between the two, flavour-wise.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    My ultimate diet would be ice cream, cheesecake, cookies, and lobster! :drinker: lol
    Good choices, I could eat 5 lbs of each but that wouldn't help my medical condition. Lobster is all right but I'd like lots of butter with it . I would also like pizza, cheeseburgers and fried tomato basil tortillas while I'm at it .
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    OP - I assume you're avoiding wheat products due to some sort of gluten intolerance, based on your note on tamari, but I'm not sure why you're avoiding shellfish (unless you're allergic?). Shrimp are great! Also, if you like salmon and trout, you'd probably enjoy arctic char - it's somewhere between the two, flavour-wise.

I'm not gluten intolerant, I just don't eat many grains and no bread. Shellfish is expensive so I didn't list it. I was eating shrimp but it was all farmed vs wild.
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options

I realize palm sugar and palm oils are good for you but make sure they are ethically sourced, the Orangutan is now on the endangered list due to the monocropping of palm sure where their habitat use to be.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Why you hating on steak, man?

What's wrong with oats?

You are missing ton in the seafood category: shrimp, clams, halibut, tialpia, steelhead, seabass, crab, etc.

I'd rather have an elk or bison steak than beef. I'm not a fan of oats, the seed grains I listed taste better to me. I can't afford most of the seafood. But I'll take a dozen of those cookies if I can get healthy. also no bacon because the high quality stuff is too expensive and I'm trying to eat a mostly raw diet.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    My ultimate diet is (not would be, is) a bar of chocolate and a crapton of coffee a day.

Oh, how I love being me.
  • pinkperfume
    Options
    Beer. Beer is food.
  • leighann881
    Options
    Beer. Beer is food.
    tumblr_lttffoMk8P1qht847.gif
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    My ultimate diet is (not would be, is) a bar of chocolate and a crapton of coffee a day.

Oh, how I love being me.

I got fat on a pizza and as many chocolate bars I can eat diet. I still eat raw chocolate. I just had homemade chocolate almond milk. Coffee is alright I just don't really need it .
  • leighann881
    Options
    Why raw food?
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Beer. Beer is food.
    Alcohol of any kind raises estrogen and decreases testosterone. I have it occasionally.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Why raw food?
    I'd like to get 20/20 vision again. I've heard it's possible on a high raw diet.
  • leighann881
    Options
    Why raw food?
    I'd like to get 20/20 vision again. I've heard it's possible on a high raw diet.

How's that?