• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    121_zpse92beede.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    121_zpse92beede.gif

Ooo can I train him to do that? It would save a lot of money on swiffer refills.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Yeah, use catnip to sedate him and put microfiber clothes on the end of the handle to attach him naturally (clean attaching).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Yeah, use catnip to sedate him and put microfiber clothes on the end of the handle to attach him naturally (clean attaching).

Catnip is a carb right? Maybe that could help with my problem.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Are you smelling his litterbox? Ammonia smell in urine is normal.

That smell is better than sex.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Cats are *strictly* carnivores... very different from dogs in their nutritional needs.

Cats nutritional needs are met by the consumption of animal-based proteins (meat/organs). They lack specific enzymes that break down plant-based proteins as efficiently as animal proteins. So it's best not to give our feline friends carbs (grains, veggies) as their systems don't process them very well. That's where a lot of pet food companies fail our cats - because plant proteins are cheaper than meat proteins, these companies will have a higher profit margin when using corn, wheat, soy, rice, etc. These plant-based fillers are not great for our cats. Best to feed a raw meat diet, or to look for a wet canned food with high animal-based protein content as it's FIRST ingredient listed... which, sadly enough, is not as easy as you may think, even when it comes to more expensive brands of cat food.

It's excellent you've got your cat on a raw meat diet. Probably one of the best things for him.

Of course, a bit of catnip or cat grass now and then is not harmful. Cat's don't eat grass for its nutritional value. (Grass is pretty indigestible to cats, and low in nourishment anyway.) However, it can help a cat's digestive process by inducing regurgitation of undigested matter. YAY! ;-)

Cat urine does smell of ammonia, whether it's from a male or female cat, neutered or not neutered. Male cats, however, tend to spray (territory) and that can smell like that too. If his litter box isn't in "his corner" and you're smelling that cat pee smell, it's mostly likely you're smelling his spray. I've never owned a male cat (all mine have been female), but I've learned that you can try to train male cats not to spray. If you catch him doing it, squirt him with some water from a spraybottle or say "NO" very loudly and clap your hands. Either option will startle him and he will grow to associate spraying with being startled.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I'm not certain about the health implications but I know cat urine is very good for cleaning windows.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options
    I'm not certain about the health implications but I know cat urine is very good for cleaning windows.

It's also the key ingredient in Dr Oz's next miracle product.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options

It's also the key ingredient in Dr Oz's next miracle product.

Shhhh! He won't get any money if you give his ideas away!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options

Interesting, if not smelly. How does one collect enough of it to use for this revolting window cleaning technique?
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options

Interesting, if not smelly. How does one collect enough of it to use for this revolting window cleaning technique?

Attach the kitty breast pump to his lipstick and wait.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Attach the kitty breast pump to his lipstick and wait.

That doesn't seem like something a loving cat mommy would do.