Insanity

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Day 2 completed, red X marked. This one, plyo cardio circuit, is not going to be my favourite Insanity workout. ;)
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wffolkes I've read on many forums that your averaging the right amount of calories burned for the workout.

So glad I have more people joining this crazy lifestyle to read through your experiences with the workouts and push me through them myself knowing im not alone on this forum.

Asminejay I'm in exactly the same boat but somehow I haven't missed a day yet even when my mind goes blank and I have no motivation I've pushed play on these days I feel like I haven't done much at all but anything is better than nothing right. I may have to end up doing two rounds but I just think to myself daily after 60days your see a real difference and know for yourself if it was worth it.. What's 2months of my life in the big scale of things I want life changing results and the faster the better,
  • Izzy_M_
    Izzy_M_ Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in the middle of the second month. It's working! And I'm litrerally adiccted to this workout, Shaun T is truely an amazing coach :)
  • slackjaw05
    slackjaw05 Posts: 4
    Options
    asminejay, keep it up! just do what you can and each day you WILL do more than the last. I did the whole program once and man did it make a difference. I took the winter off, took 6 weeks to start gaining the wieght back, but started again on April 1st (figured April fools day was a good omen). I'm in Phase 2 and getting it back.

bottom line, get up everyday, press play, do as much as you can each exercise, take it min by min, rest on Day 7 and start again w/ the same mind set. 4-6 weeks in you going to really feel like a different person and get hooked! I may do it again after... try to beat my results.

You can do it!!!!!
  • slackjaw05
    slackjaw05 Posts: 4
    Options
    finished week 2 this morning. I think it may take me a while to get all of the forms correct. Im getting better though. I may add some jogging into my routine just 5k 3x a week would this hinder me at all i love jogging outside couldn't hurt could it?

Jers43, if you feel you can do both, go for it! you may find that at the end of the 1st week of doing both you are just dog tired. definitly split them - one in the morning and one in the evening to give your body a break... and eat properly... fuel yourself for all that working out.
  • talenarenee
    talenarenee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Pure Cardio kicked my butt today! :-)
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Day 3 completed. I feel so slow, especially when doing push-ups. No way I can do military push-ups at this speed.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    There are 4 Insanity threads, most people started in May. I wanted us all to be in one place. I created a group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14111-are-you-insane-start-may-6

Feel free to join if you need support and if you want to give it to others as well!
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Half way through week 4 missed two workouts last week due to illness but ill be adding them into my recovery week next week. It seemed so hard going back into the workouts on the Monday and gawped did my body ache some.. However I'm feeling great about the workouts again and hope it hasn't set me back too much. I haven't noticed a difference so much in how I'm looking but def. how clothes are fitting and my weight loss decreased yet over 3 and a half weeks losing 7lbs is still impressive to me!
  • pierreborg86
    pierreborg86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey there guys, I just completed day 3 of week 2 and I'm really enjoying this program.
  • firefightergal30
    firefightergal30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • firefightergal30
    firefightergal30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Everyone on here seems to be doing insanity but i've never heard of it before. What is it, i want to give it a go . . I think . .:smile:
    Insanity is a home workout disc set. It is a lot of high impact cross fit like, high endurance exercise program. You can most likely find it on youtube or you can buy the program on line. It is a bit pricy and not for someone who has never worked out. I know my Physical Therapyst hates this program because it is too much intensity for the average joe for short periods of time. If you are going to do it, PACE yourself. DONT try to keep up with the instructor or the other people in the back. It is a good way to injure yourself and possibly doing long term damage if you aren't careful. It's a DVD so pause when you need a rest and make sure you are doing it right. Fast is not better, never sacrafice form for speed.... Just my thoughts on it. Remember 80% diet, 10% cardio, and 10% stregnth training to get to your goals! Good luck!
  • ashleyblossom1
    ashleyblossom1 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I started two weeks ago. I lost 4lbs and it's kicking my *kitten*. I just can't seem to keep up with these video people (especially Tanya). I keep wondering if everyone has trouble keeping up or if I'm just that out of shape. lol Either way, I'm loving it. I hate it while I'm doing it but 10 minutes later I'm proud I got my butt kicked. Strange feeling. lol