Replies

• jsskcat
    jsskcat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lol
  • hdatres
    hdatres Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    e10lc113ylk1.jpeg. The owner of this cat was going to take her to the shelter she was very sick.Macyaided and full of worms. I've had her for eight years and now she's healthy and happy
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Three. Two were gotten young from a city pound. One was taken in after my FIL entered a nursing home. The new guy is FIV+ so we keep him separate from the old guys.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have been a cat lover all my life and every cat I have owned has been a rescue. My last cat Cleo was 15 when I got her. Her owner had passed and she was sent to a shelter. :frown: She was very scared and would not let anyone near her. I took a chance and adopted her. We spent the last 6 years of her life loving each other. I loved that cat so much that it was hard for me to even think about getting another, but two years later I saw Milo on craigslist. He was the last of a litter and was going to be taken to a kill shelter if not adopted. I fell in love with his sweet face and decided he had to be mine. Unfortunately by the time I called someone else had claimed him. :brokenheart: A week later his ad showed up again, the person that claimed him never showed up. I'm happy to say that Milo and I have been together for 6 years now. I also volunteer on the weekends at a dog and cat rescue.

How could I not fall for this cute little guy

1zb439h.jpg

4uatso.jpg

He has grown into a handsome guy

10d5atk.jpg

Your cat and my cat look the same they are twins !!!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Rescue Cat. What the heck is that? Are there seeing eye cats? Firefighter Cats? Cop Cats?

I have a cat named Joey. He's an independent whining ball of fur that could care less about me unless he is hungry.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    2bs2825v183v.jpg

xmv0s0zex53s.jpg

These are my rescue babies :smile: Dodger is the fluffy one outside of the house. Some friends of mine found her on their doorstep when she was maybe 3 weeks old. Her eyes were still blue. I had to bottle-feed her and that was an adventure! She is named after the Artful Dodger in Oliver Twist. I wanted an 'orphan' name and these friends already had a cat named Oliver (at the time I thought she was a boy). I know the Artful Dodger was a boy as well but Dodger is pretty unisex, i think.

Orion, the fat boy with his tongue hanging out, doesn't have as exciting a story. He's a shelter cat that I have had since he was 9 weeks old. Now he is 9 years old!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Rescue Cat. What the heck is that? Are there seeing eye cats? Firefighter Cats? Cop Cats?

I have a cat named Joey. He's an independent whining ball of fur that could care less about me unless he is hungry.

Never mind. I get it now. These cats were rescued. Duh!!

• Lisa_Ookoo
    Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    All of my cats just seemed to show up on my doorstep. They've always been strays, or the offspring of feral cats. Even if I don't think I want another cat, they always find me and I'm so glad they did. I have 3 cats now, all neutered and microchipped.
  • fatmanthinuk
    fatmanthinuk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yep. We rescued our 10 year old tortoise shell fluff ball from a family that no longer wanted her. They had a young family and I think she was jealous and was biting the 3 year old. Needless to say the kids was probably ragging the cat too. My kids are older so don't do that kinda thing.

She's ace!
  • mandmlady_2
    mandmlady_2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have four fur babies and all of them found us and I'm so glad they did each one is so special to me in their own way zrg8t3rp3m25.jpeg
    0fk5ed1e4wyj.jpeg
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    xxghost wrote: »
    My Castiel is a rescue! I just took this fabulous picture of him.

12987159_10154062771233516_332488085934097055_n.jpg?oh=acaa4db2e531fe176fd5b6c694b80fea&oe=5786105A

This is such a great pic!!!
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Five out of five of my cats are rescue cats and five out of five of my dogs are rescue dogs. Two of my cats are brother and sister, my son and I rescued them before their eyes were open, so we had to bottle feed them. Two others my son rescued as strays and the fifth I rescued from a horrible 2 y/o who was trying to break her front legs (she was 6 weeks old at the time.) She fell in love with my son at first sight. That's gratitude for you, right?

My dogs get along with each other and love the cats. The cats tolerate the dogs and hate each other.

MgnF3vM.jpg
  • positivepowers
    Options
    Sorry, I don't want to do this, I have to!

X7P4El8.jpg
  • positivepowers
    Options
    Misty
    EoRsOpm.jpg

Buddy
    VfJUywW.jpg

Isis
    mzxRzaS.jpg

Hercules
    3CZ7CMc.jpg