losing 100lbs in 9 months?

Options
Hey!

There are 9 months left of the year. I am trying to lose 100lbs. I just wanted to know if anyone else is trying to do this too! what are your plans? please give any advice.

I believe it's doable. I plan on working out doing cardio 5 times a week for 45 minutes to an hour. I'm 5'7.

if you're in the same situation as me feel free to add me.

If you think I'm completely insane, let me know! haha.

Replies

• PototaeLuvvr
    Options
    try the pototae cleanse.
  • toni_myers0915
    toni_myers0915 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 290 and want to loose 100lbs!!!! I set a goal to loose it in one year but your idea sounds much better!! I am 5'5!!! I just plan on counting calories (no more than 1500) working out daily and drinking lots of water! So far 10 pounds in 2 weeks!
  • toni_myers0915
    toni_myers0915 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    try the pototae cleanse.

??????:wink:
  • PototaeLuvvr
    Options
    you eat all the carbz. for energy mostly pototaes. stay away from protiens and fats.
  • NurseandMom1981
    NurseandMom1981 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have read alot of people on here losing 100 pounds in a 7-10 month span so I believe its possible. I weigh 284 so I would love to join you and try and help motivated one another.
  • OMGItsErinPratt
    OMGItsErinPratt Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've been on this site for about a month now and I've read all over the place how people are losing 100lbs in a year, so yes it's possible! At least, I hope it's going to be possible.

I also have 100 pounds to lose. (well 140) but I'm starting with 100. I lost 21 pounds in my first 5 weeks and that's a HUGE kick start to my weight loss. If I can do it, you can do it! :)

Add me if you'd like some extra motivation. :)
  • sharae216
    sharae216 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Looking to love at least a 100lbs as well! I think that amount in 9 months is possible but it does take lots of hard work and dedication!

I've been on this site a little over a year but last focus around May of last year and started back This past January. Since January I've lost 15lbs but March I picked up things a bit on the diet and exercise front. Was tired of yoyoing around the same 8lbs for two months. Saturday I weighed 279.6 and start working with a trainer today for the first time ever. lol.

I'm on board to take on this journey with you all, 100lbs in 9 months!
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Its doable. Ive read alot of people up here losing that in a year. Im wanting to lose 90lbs but it might change when I get closer to it. :)
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 290 and want to loose 100lbs!!!! I set a goal to loose it in one year but your idea sounds much better!! I am 5'5!!! I just plan on counting calories (no more than 1500) working out daily and drinking lots of water! So far 10 pounds in 2 weeks!

The only water thing is so helpful! I started at 290 back in September. I'm at 246 now. I set a goal to only drink water until I get under 220.
  • starfinale
    Options
    I have read alot of people on here losing 100 pounds in a 7-10 month span so I believe its possible. I weigh 284 so I would love to join you and try and help motivated one another.

yay!!! I didn't think it was too crazy of a goal! I'm glad other people are joining!
  • starfinale
    Options
    I've been on this site for about a month now and I've read all over the place how people are losing 100lbs in a year, so yes it's possible! At least, I hope it's going to be possible.

I also have 100 pounds to lose. (well 140) but I'm starting with 100. I lost 21 pounds in my first 5 weeks and that's a HUGE kick start to my weight loss. If I can do it, you can do it! :)

Add me if you'd like some extra motivation. :)

wahh? I envy anyone who can lose 21 in 5 weeks! I lost 7 in my first month. haha. Thanks! :wink:
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I think it is easily doable!!! I lost 34 lbs in 11 weeks so far and my goal is to loss 100 lbs in 9 months!!! YOU can do anything you set your mind to!!! Eat clean, decrease sodium and increase protein, also eat less processed foods, exercise daily, make sure to weight lift so your skin can tone while losing and also drink water!!!!
  • starfinale
    Options
    Looking to love at least a 100lbs as well! I think that amount in 9 months is possible but it does take lots of hard work and dedication!

I've been on this site a little over a year but last focus around May of last year and started back This past January. Since January I've lost 15lbs but March I picked up things a bit on the diet and exercise front. Was tired of yoyoing around the same 8lbs for two months. Saturday I weighed 279.6 and start working with a trainer today for the first time ever. lol.

I'm on board to take on this journey with you all, 100lbs in 9 months!

thanks for joining!! nice, you have a trainer! congrats on your weight loss so far.
  • starfinale
    Options
    I think it is easily doable!!! I lost 34 lbs in 11 weeks so far and my goal is to loss 100 lbs in 9 months!!! YOU can do anything you set your mind to!!! Eat clean, decrease sodium and increase protein, also eat less processed foods, exercise daily, make sure to weight lift so your skin can tone while losing and also drink water!!!!

congrats on your weight loss! for some reason I always forget about weight lifting. I need to keep that in mind. thank you!
  • starfinale
    Options
    Its doable. Ive read alot of people up here losing that in a year. Im wanting to lose 90lbs but it might change when I get closer to it. :)

thank you! good luck on your 90! :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    While I think it's doable, I don't think it's realistic. Even if you lose 2 pounds a week, you probably will not lose anything during the week of your period. So at most you'll lose 6 pounds a month...that's 54 pounds in 9 months. I think that's realistic. Give yourself plenty of time to lose the 100 pounds, don't stress yourself out trying to lose it so rapidly.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    P.S I started losing weight in January 2012 (joined MFP in June) and lost 72 pounds in 2012. so far in 2013 I've lost 10 pounds. So it took me 15 months to lose 82 pounds. Now I'm not saying you can't lose 100 pounds in 9 months! It's just not realistic.
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thank you & I look forward to pics minus the 100lbs at the end of the year! You can do it & I will too!!! :smile:
  • missjones93
    missjones93 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Lol! I'll add you!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I, personally, didn't lose it in any set amount of time but I do think 100 pounds in 9 months is doable! That's a little over 11 pounds a month. I remember I lost 13 pounds in a month, and teens during other months. Just eat well, exercise, and don't give up :smile: