This is BS - 70 days and this is it?

Options
12346»

Replies

• LisaLamb1
    LisaLamb1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - I'm trying!!! Adjusted my goals, took a look at my sugar, lowered my carbs - we'll see where it takes me. So far it has been a good day. Feel free to keep checking my diary, I plan to keep this up. :) Lisa
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    This is half vent, half cry for help.

I started on MFP Jan 22, 2013. My start weight was 245, I am 5'6", work at a desk all day, don't exercise (other than walking to and from work). I started out with the MFP settings (1270) and I lost 5 lbs right away, but wanted to seriously hurt someone - I was Hangry. So, I read everything I could find on this miracle "Eat more to lose" - I calculated my BMR/TDEE and took off the 20% because I have A LOT to lose. I was told to be patient, it takes 6 weeks to work - for my body to adjust to the change. Well, it has now been 8 weeks (since switching to TDEE - 20%) and I lost 4 lbs, but gained back 5. WTF?

My diary is open, feel free to critique (be kind - I am asking for help, I am not perfect, but I try and I do track honestly everyday). Since last Wednesday I have had somewhat of the attitude of "what's the point" and my eating reflects that. Prior to that though I was doing well, I have added in WAY more fruit/veg than I have ever eaten in my life. I just don't see how I can go from how I used to eat to eating what I eat now (even if it is crap food somedays, I am still usually under my calorie goal) and nothing?

I am so frustrated. That being said, I do feel better - no stomach issues/heartburn anymore (Yeah!) but I cannot believe that after 70 days all I have lost is 4 lbs?

Also, I do not track my water intake but it is sufficient - I start my day with 24 oz before anything else, and drink another 36 oz throughout the day.

Also, I have taken my measurements, not much change there - I would say down 2" in my waist, but if I eat alot of fruit and get bloated, I am right back to where I started.

Any suggestions/support?

Thanks, Lisa

if 1270 was working for you then why did you switch? Plenty of people on my friends list do 1200 calories and do fine and look great...if it is not broke then you do not need to fix it..

I would go back to what was working for you and see if you start losing again. If you do then stick with it...
  • LisaLamb1
    LisaLamb1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    if 1270 was working for you then why did you switch? Plenty of people on my friends list do 1200 calories and do fine and look great...if it is not broke then you do not need to fix it..

I would go back to what was working for you and see if you start losing again. If you do then stick with it...

It was working for weight loss only, I was very irritated, angry, hungry, couldn't focus at work.
  • barrattandrew
    Options
    i'm sorry but if what everyone said about sodium was true, I'd be holding onto 50 pounds of water weight. it's not super glue for fat. i agree it can have some effects here and there after a big meal or binge day but everyone always blames it on sodium like you could eat 1500 calories for 6 months while running a marathon and lifting heavy but salting your veggies is making you fat.

I wondered why everyone thinks a few extra milligrams of salt will keep pounds of water ! Sounds like bs I mean 5 pounds of water, you would hear it sloshing around - sarcasm-over
  • moodyshannon15
    moodyshannon15 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've only viewed a few days of your diary, but I would recommend reducing your calories and drink more water, stick to home cooked foods of veggies, lean meats and grains. If your like me and have a sweet tooth I save room for a dessert. Have a splurge day but still keep it sensible. And exercise!! Even if its just walking. Don't eat back your calories. Stay positive and make adjustments as you go and find what works. Everyone is different and different things work for different people.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry but if what everyone said about sodium was true, I'd be holding onto 50 pounds of water weight. it's not super glue for fat. i agree it can have some effects here and there after a big meal or binge day but everyone always blames it on sodium like you could eat 1500 calories for 6 months while running a marathon and lifting heavy but salting your veggies is making you fat.

I wondered why everyone thinks a few extra milligrams of salt will keep pounds of water ! Sounds like bs I mean 5 pounds of water, you would hear it sloshing around - sarcasm-over

5 pounds of water spread around your whole body is not crazy.
  • tadjo
    tadjo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How are you on 1700 cal a day? I’m on 1400 6’2’’ guy.

try cutting out the coffee extras, and I saw something like 7-11 nachos that said it was ~400 cal maybe for the chips but i call shenanigans
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    How are you on 1700 cal a day? I’m on 1400 6’2’’ guy.

try cutting out the coffee extras, and I saw something like 7-11 nachos that said it was ~400 cal maybe for the chips but i call shenanigans

I am a 5'4 girl (141 pounds) and I eat between 1500 and 2200 calories a day. Lost 26 pounds and still losing.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

It was working for weight loss only, I was very irritated, angry, hungry, couldn't focus at work.

ok well you did not mention that in your original post. I would try splitting the different between 1270 and where you are now and take the middle ground and see if you start losing again and feel better...