• Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    My father is Jewish.
    My mother is Christian.
    I'm more like my father... :)

How about you?
    Zen Baptist.
    We believe in the oneness of the universe, but we don't dance.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Raised Christian but now Pagan/Wiccan with emphasis on Greek and Egyptian Gods.

Like Christianity and it's different branches, does Pagganism have different branches? I noticed you said Greek and Egyptian Gods. My husband's former boss said she was Paggan and he asked what she believed and she replied "not Christianity".
  • MRL1107
    MRL1107 Posts: 74
    Options
    i'm really proud of this thread it is very calm :) First one in a while i've seen

I agree. I think it's great that people of all beliefs are able to talk about it in a very civilized and candid way. Good to know not everything has be an argument and that there are still people out there who don't get offended by every little thing.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I am Christian.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    I don't really believe in organized religion.

I like God but I'm skeptical of God's existence.

I just believe in living a kind life and being your own judge of situations around you. To me, nothing is right or wrong.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Alchemy and equivalent exchange. *claps hands*

FMA!!!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Raised Christian but now Pagan/Wiccan with emphasis on Greek and Egyptian Gods.

Like Christianity and it's different branches, does Pagganism have different branches? I noticed you said Greek and Egyptian Gods. My husband's former boss said she was Paggan and he asked what she believed and she replied "not Christianity".

Paganism covers any a nature based religion. There are many branches such as druids and wiccans. Different pagans may also follow a similar structure but worship different pantheons such as Celtic, Norse, Egyptian, Roman or Greek deities.

Most Pagans but not all tend to follow a similar calender with special dates such as Yule ( December) , Samhain (October 31st), Beltaine (Mayday) which tend to celebrate certain nature based events - Just had Oestra which celebrates Srpring.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to come up with a name for it.
  • spricesdcorg
    Options
    I am a Christian but go to the Baptist church. My mother died 2 years ago and my dad last August. My husband and I took care of them for many years. It was hard work but we were blessed.
  • spricesdcorg
    Options
    You still trying to come up with a name for your religion. Keep looking. Jesus doesn't matter what the name is just as long as you believe in him.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Islamic metalhead
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    agnostic...who am I to know?
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I'm a pastafarian

All hail The Flying Sphagetti Monster!

yIOEP4k.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in the evangelical community....now I find my spirituality to be far more productive and rewarding than following a specific religion or doctrine. My most profound spiritual experiences have taken place among the pines in the mountains or out on the water...or even just running my jogging trail...never in a confined church and never have they had anything to do with any one specific deity.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Another Pastafarian here
  • gypsylosefat
    Options
    athiest :smokin:
  • barrattandrew
    Options
    Atheist
    This
  • gypsylosefat
    Options
    Atheist
    This
    whoops, my dyslexia got me lol :laugh:
  • LeonorMG
    LeonorMG Posts: 93
    Options
    I had already responded that I am Baptist. I just wanted to add that I have enjoyed this thread very much. I hope it continues.

That's really good to hear! I'm glad I did it! :)
This discussion has been closed.