CRUNCH Challege & Push Up Challenge!!!

Options
AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
Hi Guys - thought I would re-start the thread (or do we say "bump" it???):wink:

How's everyone doing out there? Can we all try and post our stats by Monday?

My waist is going no where, so I need to see SOMEONE shrinking to help stay motivated!
:love: :love: :love:

Replies

• AJCM
    Options
    Hi Guys - thought I would re-start the thread (or do we say "bump" it???):wink:

How's everyone doing out there? Can we all try and post our stats by Monday?

My waist is going no where, so I need to see SOMEONE shrinking to help stay motivated!
    :love: :love: :love:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    hello:drinker:
  • sitarami
    sitarami Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hell everyone...What's the challenge. Im new to mfp.
    thanks!:bigsmile:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    been keepin up with the yoga ball crunches. I have forgotten to log it in my journal but there are day I want to vomit!!!!!
  • monicakelly21
    Options
    I have been keeping up and will have some good news for Monday...yay!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Hell everyone...What's the challenge. Im new to mfp.
    thanks!:bigsmile:

Hi Sitarmai and all!

Sorry... I should have explained again... we are doing a "crunch challenge", where we are going to do as many as possible (not less than 100, but I think someone is doing 1000?) every day, and the same for push ups. Once a week we check in with our waist measurements!!! (Anything to add Tiangelah?).

I do the crunches in any combination of regular, reverse, and obliques, and I do 400 a day (the hubby is up to 600). We do them in the evening during tv commercials!

Please join, and post your stats!
    :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • natileebee
    Options
    Hey AJCM I found the new post site and I'll let you know tomorrow how it's going. I'm so excited about this challenge and seeing everyone's success! (including mine) :happy:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Why don't we all check in Monday!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    29.9 =no change.
    BUT I was really sick and not able to workout much last week, so not gaining is huge!
    My goals this week: 150 crunches/day, 10- real push-ups, 40- 1/2 push-ups

AJCM- are we going to start a new post each Monday or weekly? The other one is getting so long...

And anyone doing the 1/2 pushups, if you are going all the way down (touch your nose to the floor) you are probably doing better than those doing full push-ups. I was watching one of our women's teams do them last week, and they barely bent their elbows:noway: ... sorry, that's a plank, not a push-up! :laugh:

Keep up the great work! :drinker:
  • PrincessRitty
    Options
    Where are the page naviagtors, i cant even see my last post! :grumble: :huh:
  • PrincessRitty
    Options
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh its the new one,

Got it now
    haha

x
  • AJCM
    Options
    Arianne - that is a good idea - start the thread again every Monday - sounds good to me!

Arianne - can you be the one to start that? You seem more computer savvy (I don't know what I'm doing in here half the time!). :smile:

I'm still 29", but it's a bad time of the month to measure the mid-section if you know what I mean... I hope next Monday will have some improvement!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Sure, not really tough though. I am in on the monthly challenge (currently Victorious Victoria Day) and whomever is first on for the day just types the title in "new post". Things are slow this morning in the clinic, so I'm on earlier than ususal!
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    Princess Ritty has recommended this to me...let's give it a go! :drinker:
  • PrincessRitty
    Options
    Princess Ritty has recommended this to me...let's give it a go! :drinker:

wahooo Go Mimi!! You Starting at 100 crunches, and 50 push ups??

Anyone fancy adding in lunges yet?? They burn like heck - feeels good!! :tongue:

_-x
  • coffeegirl
    coffeegirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the challenge too! What a great challenge!

Coffeegirl
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    what the heck... I'll get in on this too... I could use a little more activity in my day... so I will start with 100 crunches and 10 half pushups because I have not done push ups since high school... don't know how I am going to do... my beginning waist measurement is 45.5... looking forward to watching that number fall

Jenn
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Wow. You guys are doing great !!! I need this motivation. I'll start with 100 abs and 20 girl style push ups. Leg lunges, is it total or per leg that you count? I'll do 10 per leg or 20 total. I do all of this a little here or there, but nothing consistent, so this is an awesome challenge. And we have to reach our goal every single day and log in with our inces every monday right?
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I think I've hit a plateau so maybe this challenge will help jump start things again...! I'll do this for a week and post next Monday which is my weigh in and measurement day anyway.

liz
  • natileebee
    Options
    Ok, I just started Friday, so I'll be excited next Monday to have completed a full week. So far, so good. Sore. But I like it. I need to get a measuring tape and figure out how to do the measuring thing. It's been 3 weeks since I did measurements, and they were done by a friend. Have fun this week with those crunches and pushups! I'm up for lunges too. I already to three sets of 10 with each workout, so I'll bump mine up this week to three sets of 15. (gotta start slow :tongue: )