weight and dress size - ladies

Options
Hi ladies

I'm wondering about weight and dress sizes because I think lots of women I have spoken to are less interested in weight and more interested in how they look in their clothing. And what I struggle with is envisioning what my goal weight would actually look like in terms of dress size.
Obviously it would vary based on your body shape and height so I thought I'd tell you what I am and what I would like to be and see what you ladies think.
No judgements please!!!!!!!
I am 5'5", 188.5lb (an ongoing process I have lost 16lb so far), I am an hour glass all be it a thick-waisted one! I am a UK 18 on top and a UK 16 bottoms.
My goal is 150-155lb (but I think that may change based on how I think I look when I am closer to that weight.) I think I'd like to be a size 12.

My goal is to be healthy rather than thin! So I'd like that weight to be with much more lean mass than fat mass!

So my lovely ladies... what do you want to be / look like at your goal?

Replies

• fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh 229 and am 5 feet 9 inches. I wear a US size 16.

I would like to get to the mid-160's which would put me at a size 10.
  • locdin2motion
    Options
    5'8 226 lbs US size 14 some 12's if I'm lucky . Would like to get to low 170 which had placed me at a size 10/11 in my highschool days dont know about now.
  • juliabw33
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 160 lbs. I wear a size 12 jeans and I have an hourglass shape as well. I have put on about 15 pounds in the past two years. I felt I looked the best when I weighed around 145 but back then I was still a size 10 jean. Not that I wouldn't be completely thrilled with being back at 145 (my goal - hello!) but it's really not about the number for me - it's definitely about the way you feel and how your clothes fit!
  • GingerBiscuit_19
    GingerBiscuit_19 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 7inches, pear shaped and currently 233lbs in a size UK 20.

My goal weight is 143lbs and I hope I will be a UK 10-12. However, I can't remember the last time I was 143lbs, so I have no idea what dress size I'm supposed to be!
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    oops posted twice!
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Visit mybodygallery.com, you can search by height, weight, size, and body shape to see pictures of other women at that size and determine which size you want to aim for. I found it very useful! Good luck :smile:
  • princess_goal
    princess_goal Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 186Lbs, 5'7 : size 12-sometimes 14....PEAR SHAPED.
    Want to be 155lbs and I think that would be an 8 size.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'6" tall and I have an hour glass shape too. I started at 152 lbs. and U.S. pant size 10. My body fat was never off the charts as I've always been strong "for a woman" so the muscles helped.

I got down to 128 lbs. and U.S. pant size 4. I regained some of the weight over the past year so I'm back to tracking on MFP. My goal remains the same: size 4 pant size and "athletic" body fat %. Because I lift heavy weights I know I can reach that goal again and weigh between 130-135 lbs.

Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    according to the site mentioned above, mybodygallery.com >>> http://www.mybodygallery.com/search.html?height=5+5&weight=130&pant=4&shirt=any&zphoto=Large&hourglass=1&new=1 these are my body twins lol some are accurate, some are not.

I wear a size 2-4. I'm 5'5 and 129lbs. I think im an hour glass, but idk for sure
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 177 pounds. Just went shopping last weekend and everything on the bottom was a size 14, everything with the exception of one blouse with narrow sleeves was a large. Dresses were a 14 as well. I did find one pair of jeans in a 12 that fit but I also have a 14 in that particular jean and it's too big so the style must just be a bigger cut.

At my largest I was 226 pounds and wore a 20 but was pushing a 22. My goal is 155 pounds and I'm thinking that will be a comfortable size 12.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I think if I was the same weight but a pear shape instead of an apple weight I would be a size 12 UK instead of a size 14 UK. It's all proportional to where your fat is stored especially in larger sizes as when I was a UK Size 18, I never had size 18 legs, just lots of fat round my stomach necessitating a size 18.

All in all I would like to get down into a UK size 12 (US Size 8) and I did squeeze into one pair of size 12 jeans yesterday but they're not all the same!
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" about 160ish and sort of pear shaped. I wear a US 8 or 10 depending on the brand. I've been this weight before but never this size, I contribute that to weight lifting :-) I am still working on losing some body fat but I don't pay as much attention to the scale as I used to. I doubt I'll get smaller than an 8, but I'm happy with that size.
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear shaped UK size 14 at the moment. Would like to get back to a UK size 12, size 10 on top probably.

I weight 12 stone at the moment. Another stone/ stone and a half and I'll be a size 12. I am about 5ft6 I think.

Its funny becuase my friend is the same height as me and about a size 12, but says she weighs 8.5 stone- I would be emaciated at that!

I have been a lovely size ten in my younger days and I was still around 10 stone!
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 6 inches, pear shaped size US 10/12 right now and weigh in the 158-161 lb range depending on the day. I would love to get in to a size 6 jean at some point and know it is possible. Hopefully this would put me around 135-140 lbs but I'm not as focused on a goal weight as I am a goal size.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    5'7 1/2, 158lb, US size 4 or 6 dress in womens or a medium in juniors. Lifting weights makes you compact haha:laugh:

Hour glass shape I definitely have booty and hips..
    Jeans: 27 or 29 =)
  • penelopia
    penelopia Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    5"10, 133 pounds and dress size 8/10 in the UK
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3, right now I'm in between 14 and 16 for pants and 12 and 14 for dresses. My dress size is always smaller than my pants size, which might be because I'm a pear.
  • mnqi
    mnqi Posts: 36
    Options
    I am 5'4" and 212....wearing a size US 16-18. I hold all my weight in the middle....think apple! I know getting down to even 180 would make a huge difference for me. I would love to be a size 10-12. But that might take time. So for now, my goal is a size 14. good luck everyone
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'm about 122 and a US size 4 :) Started out at about 150 lbs in a size 10 or 11 depending.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    5'4 - 138.
    Jeans, shorts, and Lulu I am a 4.
    Dress sizes I am an 8.