Smoothie recipes needed

Options
MrsE2010
MrsE2010 Posts: 63
I just started making my own smoothies at home to get our budget under control. Anyone have any tasty recipes??????????

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    My smoothie of choice is frozen strawberries, mango, and pineapple. Add a half a cup of soy milk (or milk in general), half a cup of strawberry-banana-orange juice, and a scoop of plain lowfat yogurt. It comes in under 300 calories for 16 oz. If you want it to be more filling, try some protein powder in it.
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Betty Crocker Wake-Up Shake

1 Banana
    1/4 cup Orange Juice
    1/2 cup Frozen Berries
    1 cup Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt

2 Servings

Super yummy and filling. If you go in the database the nutrition info is listed.
  • BrattyLori
    BrattyLori Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think smoothies are great - but they can pack way too many calories!

1 cup almond milk (40 calorie kind)
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 small banana
    1 tbsp wheat germ

Thats it!

If you dont mind adding calories, 1/2 to 1 scoop protein powder
  • coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    1 cup dannon FF light vanilla yogurt (buy the quart size it is cheaper than the small containers)
    1 cup frozen wild blueberries
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 cup skim milk

blend

300 calories
  • BrattyLori
    BrattyLori Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ...also, sometimes, I;ll do half a banana, water instead of milk and zero protein powder.

My reasoning? I need to do low cal meals bcz I'm a snacker!
  • leb89
    leb89 Posts: 54
    Options
    I LOVE Yoplait's Frozen smoothies. They are so quick and easy to make, and only 110 calories a serving if you use skim milk. They use real pieces of fruit and its thick because of the added yogurt, and they come in three flavors- my favorite being strawberry banana.
  • skatjon
    skatjon Posts: 29
    Options
    Vanilla whey protein, 1 tbs cocoa (pure), 1 tbs natural peanut butter, 1/2 banana, 8 oz water and a little ice. Great after workout shake and lots of protein to keep you full. Very low sugar and REALLY GOOD!!
  • MrsE2010
    Options
    Thanks. This sounds similar to the ones I've been making already but the almond milk is a new twist. Can't wait to try it! Sounds yummy!:happy:
  • MrsE2010
    Options
    Is this a premade drink by Yoplait? You add milk? Sorry but I'm a little confused.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Here is my SUPER LOW CAL AND FILLING SLUSHY! (ice instead of milk hence slushy not a smoothie)

Cinnamon Apple Oat Slushy

2 small apples (the bagged mackintosh kind usually)
    3 tbsp quick oats
    Sprinkle of cinnamon
    ½ cup light cranberry juice
    1 packet 0-calorie sweetener (optional)
    1 cup of ice

Chop apple removing core but leave skin on. Blend everything but the ice until smooth then add the ice and blend until smooth.

189 Calories, 1.4 grams of fat, 6.8 grams of fibre. Only 2 WW point!
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    bump :drinker:
  • MrsE2010
    Options
    Here is my SUPER LOW CAL AND FILLING SLUSHY! (ice instead of milk hence slushy not a smoothie)

Cinnamon Apple Oat Slushy

2 small apples (the bagged mackintosh kind usually)
    3 tbsp quick oats
    Sprinkle of cinnamon
    ½ cup light cranberry juice
    1 packet 0-calorie sweetener (optional)
    1 cup of ice

Chop apple removing core but leave skin on. Blend everything but the ice until smooth then add the ice and blend until smooth.

189 Calories, 1.4 grams of fat, 6.8 grams of fibre. Only 2 WW point!
    this one sounds different and might be good for breakfast. Thanks.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    The smoothie I have almost every night is a green smoothie. I put a bit of water in the blender and fill it up with spinach and blend that. Then I put some fruit in it. My favorite is mango and pineapple but pretty much any fruit is good. You can add more water to thin it down and use some frozen fruit so it's colder. I love it and it's less than 300 calories.
  • leb89
    leb89 Posts: 54
    Options
    Is this a premade drink by Yoplait? You add milk? Sorry but I'm a little confused.

yes, its already made. you just add milk and blend.
  • tzipporah
    tzipporah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump bump
  • MrsE2010
    Options
    The smoothie I have almost every night is a green smoothie. I put a bit of water in the blender and fill it up with spinach and blend that. Then I put some fruit in it. My favorite is mango and pineapple but pretty much any fruit is good. You can add more water to thin it down and use some frozen fruit so it's colder. I love it and it's less than 300 calories.
    Cool! I hadn't thought of this but I could definitely use some more iron in my diet. Do you use the frozen chopped spinach or fresh or what?
  • zomt
    zomt Posts: 3
    Options
    I LOVE my morning green smoothies :)
    My go to basic recipe is 1 banana, 1 handful of spinach/greens, a scoop of natural Phyto Protein (pea protein), cold water and sometimes some berries. Try some raw cacao added in, or a bit of honey or some medjool dates if you want it sweeter. DELICIOUS and is a great way to kickstart the day!
    I posted another recipe on my blog: http://zomtbakes.blogspot.com/2010/05/green-smoothie-mania.html
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Whenever I have fruit that's getting past it's prime I cut it up and put it in the freezer (any kind of fruit, bananas, berries, apples, pears). Then I make smoothie with the frozen fruit and a big handfull of spinach or kale and even zucchini. I love it. I don't have a very powerful blender so the spinach works better. The kale still remains a little chunky.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    My fav right now is a fuzzy navel.....
    6 oz fat free light vanilla yogurt
    1 cup frozen peaches
    3-4 oz orange sunrise crystal light ( just enough to get it moving in the blender & make it smooth)
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Cool! I hadn't thought of this but I could definitely use some more iron in my diet. Do you use the frozen chopped spinach or fresh or what?

I use fresh spinach. A large bag lasts me about 3-4 days.