• SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    you know what **** you all i am deleteing my account
    Bye. :flowerforyou:
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Oh my god!!! you are 18 and asking strangers if you are fat or not? i think that is a question to take to your guidance counselor or a doctor. what do you want us to say? yes?

Quit trolling for answers.and your top is ugly.

LOL about the top
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Quit b4 telling us her height, humph!
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    What is 'trolling' and why are people worried about giving advice to 18 year olds ? They are adults. Im 22 and have an ED, is that different to being 18 and having one? Giving healthy advice on here is prob the best help theyre guna get, considering everything else thats out there. And i dont know about other peoples experiences, but i have found ED treatment awful . I get more help from peers. Just think you could make a positive change in someones life by helping them, not the other way round.

To the original post....eventhough the account has been deleted LOL if she was skinny she wouldnt be on here....and if she thought she wasnt fat, she prob wouldnt have asked.

She knew the answer.
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    lol oh wow.. .-.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    No, you are Maureen.

You are never your weight. Ever. You're worth so much more than that.

This...thank you.

This should always be the answer.

How can you be so sure it was a troll, people?
    some of you are pathetic.

I agree with this.
    It gets a bit boring when everyone jumps to accuse someone of being a troll, just because they might post something a little way out, or unexpected. Seems to have become some sort of a cool word to throw around the net these days, 'troll'.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    eventhough the account has been deleted LOL if she was skinny she wouldnt be on here....and if she thought she wasnt fat, she prob wouldnt have asked.

She knew the answer.

Wow. What? "if she was skinny she wouldn't be on here"=load of bs....There are a TON of people using this site who are average weight, very fit, athletes, etc.

As for the OP, I don't know whether that was a troll post or not...but found it sort of sad that she is seeking validation that she's fat...on the internet. Maybe instead of focusing so much on body type, we ought to be instilling our young people with tools to build their self-esteem instead of tearing themselves apart.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    What is 'trolling' and why are people worried about giving advice to 18 year olds ? They are adults. Im 22 and have an ED, is that different to being 18 and having one? Giving healthy advice on here is prob the best help theyre guna get, considering everything else thats out there. And i dont know about other peoples experiences, but i have found ED treatment awful . I get more help from peers. Just think you could make a positive change in someones life by helping them, not the other way round.

To the original post....eventhough the account has been deleted LOL if she was skinny she wouldnt be on here....and if she thought she wasnt fat, she prob wouldnt have asked.

She knew the answer.

The thing is that a lot of the people who have profiles that say they are 18 are not actually 18. They are younger. Sometimes as young as 13. Health, nutrition, calorie advice is very different for someone who is under 18. Mental health issues are also quite different for teenagers and mental health conditions such as ED or depression can have much more severe consequences for teenagers. As someone who grew up around mental health issues, this seemed to me like someone seeking negative comments to fuel self hate. That is not someone seeking healthy advice or someone recovering from ED. I will happily try to offer my best advice to someone who has ED or anyone actually seeking health or nutrition advice, this post seemed a bit dangerous.

If OP had said that she wasn't sure whether to try to lose weight or what she could do to get into better shape and given her stats, people's reactions would have been much different. Instead she said "am I fat? be mean, I don't care." That just doesn't seem healthy and there isn't a good way for people to constructively answer that question.

Just my opinion.

ETA: Trolling is posting something controversial for the sole purpose of getting a rise out of people.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    best-cat-gif-ever-o.gif

My husband and I couldn't quit laughing at this.

And too bad she left :indifferent: I know at 18, I was asking myself the same question and deep down I knew the answer....I was in denial though (granted I was 214 when I was 18 and was starting college) and to this very day, I know I still am, but I am working on it :flowerforyou:
  • babyskunkles
    babyskunkles Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I think it was a troll. Probably not even a girl! What female is stupid enough to ask a bunch of people if she is fat?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    No, you are Maureen.

You are never your weight. Ever. You're worth so much more than that.

This...thank you.

This should always be the answer.

How can you be so sure it was a troll, people?
    some of you are pathetic.

I agree with this.
    It gets a bit boring when everyone jumps to accuse someone of being a troll, just because they might post something a little way out, or unexpected. Seems to have become some sort of a cool word to throw around the net these days, 'troll'.

Agreed in principle. "Am I fat?" and "Do I have worth as a human being?" should be two completely separate questions, the answer to the latter always being 'of course', regardless of the answer to the former.

However, joined today, deactivated after this post...yeah. deserves a cat gif.
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    eventhough the account has been deleted LOL if she was skinny she wouldnt be on here....and if she thought she wasnt fat, she prob wouldnt have asked.

She knew the answer.

Wow. What? "if she was skinny she wouldn't be on here"=load of bs....There are a TON of people using this site who are average weight, very fit, athletes, etc.

As for the OP, I don't know whether that was a troll post or not...but found it sort of sad that she is seeking validation that she's fat...on the internet. Maybe instead of focusing so much on body type, we ought to be instilling our young people with tools to build their self-esteem instead of tearing themselves apart.

Thats your opinion. OR we could teach them about healthy eating and exercise so that there wasnt an obesity epidemic? And their self esteem would be naturally higher because clothes would fit, they would look like their peers, statistics and media wouldnt keep reinforcing to them how fat they were and they would feel better physically. And im not saying this because im skinny, because im not so dont think thats the reason. You may think im a *****...but hey....
  • conkle23
    conkle23 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot how cruel some people can be. She was def looking for some type of positive reinforcement.

If you have nothing good to say, do not say anything at all.

And looks like she did delete her account. How sad, I hope she can find happiness.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot how cruel some people can be. She was def looking for some type of positive reinforcement.

And looks like she did delete her account. How sad, I hope she can find happiness.

Are you a mind reader? How do you know what she was looking for? Do you think she was going to find her happiness on the internet by asking questions and then responding to answers on an inflammatory manner? Did you just say something good?

She was in the wrong place, asking the wrong questions, while looking for the wrong things. You're kidding yourself if you that the OP wasn't going to delete no matter how the thread went.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It's kind of like asking "Does this outfit make my butt look big"
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I posted a topic like this once. Not phrased the same but asking for people's view on my body. I tried to make my post neutral, but I wasn't looking for positive answers, if anything I wanted someone to tell me the same negative things I was thinking. Everyone was positive. I simply dismissed it and didn't believe I got honest answers.

Happiness in ones body does not come from random strangers giving you compliments.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Not on my worst day would or could I ever consider the ramifications of calling a woman fat. so nooooo..... lol........
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I posted a topic like this once. Not phrased the same but asking for people's view on my body. I tried to make my post neutral, but I wasn't looking for positive answers, if anything I wanted someone to tell me the same negative things I was thinking. Everyone was positive. I simply dismissed it and didn't believe I got honest answers.

Happiness in ones body does not come from random strangers giving you compliments.

Extraordinarily well said
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options

Glad you were able to understand all her intentions from "am i fat? be honest idc". She asked, people responded.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Ok so sets up a profile..posts a picture asking am I fat? Not do you think I need to lose weight..how much..any tips etc.
    Then tells people to **** off and deletes account.
    Not saying a troll for sure but maybe using they called me fat..don't have to do this now because everyone is mean and goes back to over eating. Shame.