Options

Replies

• jennij1984
    Options
    Nice work, you look great!
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Don't mind the haters...you've done great!
  • Miguel_29
    Miguel_29 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something my dad would say.! But you look amazing.! Hard work always pays off.!
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! Be proud of yourself and your accomplishments, life is not easy and trying to fit in everything to satisfy oneself is even harder. You make your mind up and start progressing and feel good about yourself someone is always going to come along and try and knock you down. Social media sites should come with the "kill joy" music so everytime someone does that a chime plays so you know the "kill joy" is coming lol (smh). My brother did similar to me i would text him progress and he would reply "gym rat" funny how poeple can never "insult" you to get you to do better but the second you start doing better they have plenty to offer. You look great and i am sure you feel even better, keep up the great work and let your success be your defense, let your before and after pics do all the talking and you silently enjoy your victory!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Firstly, congrats on your 22lb loss. That is amazing!! Keep up the awesome work!

Secondly, If they have time for Facebook, they have time for the gym! It's just their excuse.

I run my own Pet Spa business full time, work part-time at a small bookstore(because I am addicted to books...Yes, I have a problem!), I am an established book blogger that reviews books for publishers and authors, and on top of that also interview authors. I am also a homemaker, and am currently renovating our bedroom and living room and I even have time for the gym.
  • maggs155
    maggs155 Posts: 258
    Options
    Very true u look great! People are just lazy and really dont want it. I dont even go to the gym i walk and do workout dvds there is always a way to loose weight if u really want it!!!!!! Also people r just jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • starbab311
    starbab311 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!

Congrats and people are going to hate!
    Oh well... they can stay "wishing" while you make it happen!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    amazing job! Congrats on finding the time and realizing what to do-some people don't understand how these things work
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Poo on them. You make time, so could they. I've been on both sides of the fence (SAHM and working mom)--it's hard BOTH ways to make time to workout--if you want it bad enough, you'll do it and YOU have. Good for you and you look great!:smile:
  • carrie3083
    carrie3083 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing! I get this comment all the time BTW. Drives me crazy.
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look amazing. Seeing your photos gave me some motivation.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    You look great! I would try not to judge though. You don't know what's going on in someone's life at the time. Maybe they really can't right now? Career, kids, caring for sick family? If I were a SAHM I would be able to work out way more than the 4-5 days I do. (I did daily when I was)

Good job! mama!
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the hard work!! You look great. I do hope you told that person that they are a d*****bag for saying that.
  • christinedeacon
    christinedeacon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ignore it.. They're clearly jealous. I'm a single mom who works 40 hours a week, commutes 30 mins each way, cares for a disabled parent and a special needs teen and I'm at the gym and/or triathlon training 6 days a week, not to mention meal prep at least twice a week. This person doesn't have the time to workout because they refuse to make the time and they envy your discipline and dedication. When people post negative comments about your success, it's only because they're making excuses for their failures. The more haters you have the more successful you are. :)
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    So, here i am all proud of myself, that i have lost 22lbs! And i post a pic on facebook. And someone says..."wish i had time to go to the gym"

Really? I am a SAHM, i clean, cook, stay at home with my son all day. I MAKE time!
    I attribute my weight loss, to COUNTING my CALORIES! I make myself go to the gym 4-5 days a week, and sometimes i dont get there until 9pm, but i go anyways! Anyways, some people think its all because someone goes to the gym, when in reality, while you were stuffing your face with a double cheeseburger, (which i do sometimes(calories allotted)) i chose a salad, because its what i could eat with the calories i had for the day. .....
    Any who, heres my recent pic : )

4eae13f0-9099-4ab5-a567-b4253cd9a290.jpg

you did great....

hope your friend has a busy life to say that.....

I know a lot of woman who go to school... work full time.... cook.. clean.... and take care of their kids....
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options
    Let the haters hate. Meanwhile you are just becoming more and more awesome ever day. People will always find a way to make excuses when they want to make themselves and their lack of drive and willpower.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    the reality is, while they were on facebook posting that comment, they could have been at the gym ;) its just their excuse for not being as strong (physically and mentally) as you.

^this. my sister in law said about another woman who lost bunches of weight, "oh yeah but she gets to stay home all day and has all that time to workout!" Ummm, i dno? I personally don't know too many SAHM's who have all that bunches of time. Just me, LOL. Seriously tho, your days get filled up fast. Also she and her husband have now been unemployed for a few years and not only do I not see any feverish attempts at job hunting, I also notice no weight has been flying off either of them. Go figure. It actually takes EFFORT apparently. LOL. Putting on my list of things to point out sneakily at next visit, by bringing up that girl with "all that spare time on her hands."
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I wish I was a SAHM -- you guys have all the free time to hit the gym and spa.

Oh, wait. Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Great work! Fantastic progress, and anyone who says "I wish I had time" is basically finding other words than "It doesn't matter to me as much as it should."