Best way to burn 400 calories?

Options

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Running.
  • Try running, squats, push-ups, sit ups, lunges, and crunches...

Do they really fast and try your hardest. You'll burn em' fast!
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Leave a cupcake in the oven for 65 minutes.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    My treadmill will do a fat loss workout with interval speed and hills. When it is a hill it is at the faster pace. I do this if i need to burn a lot of calories for the day and i put it at a level 7 or so. It is a tough workout but a good burner.

Otherwise just set your treadmill for high hills, that usually burns a good number of calories for me.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Why would someone bump a 3 year old topic?
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing!!! I burn about 830 calories in a 55 min class, and I'm learning self defence at the same time :wink:

^^^this
    I do a 90 minute Muay Thai class that I LOVE! I burn a ton of calories, and it's so much fun it doesn't really feel like exercise.
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I love to hike. As long as the weather cooperates, that is my favorite 400 calorie or more burn.
  • jim9097
    Options
    Jump rope 400 times!!!:happy:

What do you mean by this? If I were to count my number of times over the rope, I average 135 per minute. When I am breathing real hard and hurting, I burn 10-12 calories per minute. I would have to jump rope for 40 minutes to burn 400 calories and that is about 5400 jumps... Not trying to harsh your buzz, but also don't want anyone to think you can burn 400 calories by jumping a rope 400 times.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I do Zumba four times a week - I burn between 530 and 650 calories in an hour (according to my HRM), depending on my intensity....plus I love to dance!! :)
    Zumba is great too! Lots of fun and burns lots of calories.
  • jim9097
    Options
    Kickboxing!!! I burn about 830 calories in a 55 min class, and I'm learning self defence at the same time :wink:

^^^this
    I do a 90 minute Muay Thai class that I LOVE! I burn a ton of calories, and it's so much fun it doesn't really feel like exercise.

^^^^^
    This, and notice
    <
    This...
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    personally running.

if you are physically able. there are loads of calculators out there to estimate the burn depending on speed/intensity and time such as this one http://www.runnersworld.com/tools/calories-burned-calculator
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Just move your *kitten* in any way that is fun to you (or not too grueling) . I walk more at work, take a walk at dinnertime etc. I also ride my bike to the shops sometimes, run and swim. Do anything that makes you move and do if you a while and you will be burning calories.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Starting strength or similar weights.

I'm pretty sure it burns more than that for me, but it's very hard to quantify.

Don't want to be doing it every day, but I wouldn't be surprised if even 3x a week it averages out at that!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Why has no one said SEX?

Oh yeah, probably because 400 calories of sex would kill many of us in here. Back to what I was doing....sigh.
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I generally burn about 750-800 calories running 4 miles outside. I use a heart rate monitor calibrated to my age and weight. That tends to be more accurate than using the calorie counters on the cardio machines. I agree with the earlier post, find something you enjoy doing and do it. Exercise should not be a chore.

That seems wildly high, but you may be a lot larger than I am. I run 4 miles and burn close to 400 calories.
  • mscountrygirl39456
    mscountrygirl39456 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Leave a cupcake in the oven for 65 minutes.

:sad::noway: total waste of a cupcake......... LOL!!!!!:laugh:
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    20 minutes of HIIT.

Sex.

Burpees.

Tire flipping.

Being chased by a clown.

Trying to catch and medicate Xena the chicken.

Moving furniture.

Pushing a car.

Walking my dogs after they see a rabbit.

Dragging a wild hog out of the woods while carrying a SKS rifle.

Chopping down a tree.
  • libyloba
    Options
    T25. I usually work anywhere from 500 to even 800 in an hour depending on the dvd and efford that i put.
    I have decided that my new daily calorie burn goal will be 400. I know that calorie burn is dependent on many factors including body mass and exertion, so I understand that I will not get exactly the same results. That being said, I would love if you would tell me your favorite way to burn 400 calories and how long it takes. Thanks so much!
  • rschwabe1
    Options
    The best way....??? Lol.
  • NickeeCoco
    Options
    Kickboxing. I'm 5'3", 144 lbs. I burn around 430 - 450 calories in 40 minutes when I kickbox.