Would you go to a school reunion in my shoes!?

Options
MaggiePuccini
MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
This is just for fun, don't worry, no matter what you say I won't be crying into my pot noodle. There's a school reunion in June. At the moment I'm divorced, unemployed and I live at home with my parents. Not a sniff of a new man either. I'm not unhappy though. I'm fairly content, but, I 'd be nuts to go wouldn't I? I am job-hunting and house-hunting but that doesn't sound quite the same as having a job and having a house! It won't cut ice. Mixed school if that makes any difference. I think I'm less afraid of the men judging me.

Replies

• clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i bet a lot of your schoolmates are in the same boat. i would go if there were people i wanted to see and catch up with.
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    as a group, they're quite successful :-/ i'm happy for them of course! could i go a whole evening without mentioning that i live at home with my parents?
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    As long as you're hot, you're golden.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i'm pretty sure your shoes wouldn't fit me.

i wear a size 10-and-a-half or 11.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    tell them you're a millionaire, single and lovin it, and that your parents live with YOU.

then laugh when everyone wants to be your BFF :laugh:
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Well Maggie you are very bendy. If you arent going to go to your reunion you can always come to my house.
  • Mavrick7a
    Mavrick7a Posts: 1,353
    Options
    @maggiepuccini - Don't worry about being judged. I noticed that at my10th reunion, everyone wanted to show each other up. I married this girl, make so much money, and look at my house and boat.

Later, you hear about their divorce, bad economy = failed business and/or lay offs, and death. :sad:

Don't worry about those types of people, be proud of your children and good health.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Well Maggie you are very bendy. If you arent going to go to your reunion you can always come to my house.

:angry:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Did you like HS and the people you went to HS with? Care to hang out with them for a night? Then go.

I hated HS, so no, I wouldn't go in any event.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    NO :grumble: :angry:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You could always say "I'm taking care of my parents...and doing some freelance stuff." "Freelance what?" "Oh, you know...this and that. Hey, is that Susan? I must go say hi. Byeee."

I wouldn't go unless I was in a good place. Then again, there's no one from high school I really want to see.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I was going to go to my reunion. Then I remembered I hated those people then - why would I want to see them now?
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Tell them you invented Post-its. They'll totally believe you.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    just borrow some money from your mom...rent a limo, a designer dress and make up stories about how much you have traveled and maybe how you are currently working on your 3rd book writing. yep...that'll work. I'm sure you won't be the only one there stretching the truth or flat out lying. lol
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    "You're pursuing your life long aspirations of [insert something you're passionate about here], while taking a little time to decompress and refocus."

.... then, when you actually start talking to someone that already does something involving your passion, you instantly networked yourself in to a contact.

Turn this situation around for good - forge a new path and kick *kitten* all the way to the end of the road!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I need to see pictures of these shoes first before I give you my answer.

But most likely, no.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You know what would be really awesome? Go, show up confidently, tell anyone who asks the truth. Be open. Own your reality. If you are OK with it, and can get over the fear of being judged, I think showing up and being completely open and who you are will be life affirming.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    No. I would not wear your shoes. I would however attend my own HS reunion in my own shoes. Go, you'll have fun.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You know what would be really awesome? Go, show up confidently, tell anyone who asks the truth. Be open. Own your reality. If you are OK with it, and can get over the fear of being judged, I think showing up and being completely open and who you are will be life affirming.

And frankly, you NEVER know, you could get a connection for a great job, spark a romance, or just have an amazingly good night!
  • SEC_RULES
    SEC_RULES Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It's like Jase from Duck Dynasty said "If I haven't talked to you in twenty years.... there must be a reason"