What has been the MOST successful for you?

Options
When it comes to diet--counting calories, low carb, clean eating, Weight Watchers, paleo? You get the idea. What has worked best for you? Share your story.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,106 Member
    Options
    Calories.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Eating enough. High intensity cardio.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Moderation and increased activity level.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Always counting calories and eating lots of veggies.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Lowering carbs and increasing exercise.
  • Charweezie
    Charweezie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Counting calories! In the first 2 months (started Jan. 2012) I lost 10lbs .. nicely.. 1lb per week.. just like it said.. but i have to admit.. March was slow.... only 1lb lost.. but i can totally see the changes in my body.
  • ysienkiewicz
    ysienkiewicz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Tracking my food (calories in vs calories out.)
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Atkins
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Eating more protein and lifting while losing weight so I minimize muscle loss even with a large deficit.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Moderate calorie deficit and regular running.
  • neretete
    neretete Posts: 30
    Options
    I hve been successful in the past with Weight Watchers. This time around I am using South Beach. It's better for me because your body really doesn't WANT to cheat. You lose most of your cravings. And since I have a bit of a food addiction issue, diets that allow me to eat bad foods make it all too easy to get off track. But whatever you choose, tracking your food is a MUST!
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    --Good Quality Calories [organic, whole foods, not processed]
    --Cut way back on carbs [wheat, corn, potatoes....]
    --Lots of healthy protein for breakfast [eggs, lean turkey bacon]
    -Frequent high protein, high quality snacks throughout the day
    -Recording food daily
    --weighing in daily [but not recording the weight changes for a few days until it stabilizes and seems to stick]

Love!
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting, and cutting off my night time snacking
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Staying under the calorie goal that MFP set for me and exercise!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    portion control
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    For me... Weight Watchers. Because the program taught me how to make small changes, eat healthy, but still enjoy the occasional indulgence. And thanks to my awesome WW Leader (been attending her meetings for nearly 9 years now), I stuck with my weight loss journey even though I gained 30 pounds back after losing 80 and was going through a lot of emotional family drama. The meetings were essential for me because of the support of the leader and other members.

So even though I now count calories instead of points, I still follow the program and attend meetings every week. I will probably never go back to counting points (once I got to Lifetime I struggled finding the right balance, calories in/calories out works better for me), but find the meetings informative, motivational, and inspiring.

Sure... WW doesn't work for everyone, but I lost over 100 pounds and kept it off for 3 years. And if going to the meetings helps me stay at goal, then I will continue to go for the rest of my life. :drinker:
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Not making any drastic changes or cutting out any foods, just eating less of what I was already eating. Paying attention to macros: Increasing my protein and fiber made me feel full longer and cutting back on sodium allowed me to get off my HBP meds.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Eating all the whole food, plant based stuff that I want and moving more.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Paleo/Primal. I'm loving the way I feel eating way more fat than protein and carbs. Cravings are gone, and I'm losing at a rate of about 1 - 1.5lbs/week. For me personally, it's way easier to go without the crappy carbs then to have them "in moderation".
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    A combo of portion control, keeping a food diary, and my Fitbit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!