What has been the MOST successful for you?

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Moderation, moderation, moderation.

I count calories as a general guidlelines and just do things in moderation. I do eat healthier, choosing more often to eat fresh fish, lean chicken, fruits veggies and such over sugary and fatty foods, but I still enjoy those as well. Again, all in moderation.

Adding HIIT and strength training is also key though.
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Working out hard & often, and eating clean within my calorie "budget". I don't believe you can truly be successful by diet alone, you must exercise, and to me that means cardio and resistance training (weights etc.).
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Eating at a moderate deficit. Exercising consistently. Drink beer every day. Formula for success.
  • japanluv21
    japanluv21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do a 17ish hour fast every day for about a month now and i've lost 10 pounds. I've also been eating very low carbs or sometimes none all day, and have excersised only a little ,since i dont have much time
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Eating at a moderate deficit. Exercising consistently. Eating ice-cream every day. Formula for success.

Fixed it for you
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Eating at a moderate deficit. Exercising consistently. Drink beer every day. Formula for success.

^This..minus the beer. I do make sure to include the pop tarts, ice cream, pizza and other goodies in moderation though :D
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Eating at a moderate deficit. Exercising consistently. Eating ice-cream every day. Formula for success.

Fixed it for you

QFT.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    For me, several factors:

1) A clean, ketogenic diet (I'm diabetic, it's best for me regardless of the fact I used to be 120lbs overweight. I've been ketogenic for about 28 months now and am healthier than ever.)

2) counting calories. (Some think you don't need to watch calories on keto diet - I think that's 'crap', to be polite.) I'm more OCD about calories than most - it works for me.

3) Both HIIT and resistance training, and lots of it. Regardless of whether I'm in a mass-gaining or diet cycle, I workout a minimum of 60 minutes a day (typically 90 minutes during my diet phase) 6 days a week.

4) continuing to enjoy things that make me happy: Full-fat ice cream, sugar-free jello with whipped cream, low-carb cheesecakes, etc. There's no point in denying ourselves.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Moving more, eating less and having 2 cookies everyday.
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Atkins. Lost 50 lbs. I know some people hate it, but it sure does work.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I hav slogged my food and exercise.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options

Fixed it for you

QFT.

+1
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    clean eating, going gluten free, strength training. When I went to counting calories I lost a bunch again but now slowed down but I am toning a lot right now so it is steady but going lean.
  • jessichri
    jessichri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting and laying off the beer. Apparently it gives you a gut...
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    Eating enough. When I finally got to the right amount of calories it started to be so much easier.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Counting calories. Exercising everyday -no excuses.
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    It's changed. At one point Nutrisystem was perfect for me. Now it's simply eating at a deficit and at good macro levels for the person I am so I can continue cutting fat. Eventually I'll be able to start eating at a surplus and gaining MUSCLE yum
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Counting calories. I lost 30 pounds doing just that and nothing else. It made me realize just how much I'd been eating and start to realize that it's actually not just about the calories, but also the rest of the macros. I.e. I used to get these microwaveable lunches at we're under 300 calories and thought I was doing well until I realized they were so high in sodium that my body kept retaining water weight.
  • mlthoma1
    mlthoma1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Cutting all soda - which was a KILLER - watching my portions, excepting that I can have ice cream (BUT NOT IN A BIG BOWL) and exercising 4 times a week (running and doing weights).
  • gabegrammy
    gabegrammy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've tried them all, but counting calories, exercising and of course MFP has kept me on track. Love this site so much...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!