Exercising and greasy hair?

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnaMolly17
    AnnaMolly17 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Baby powder will work just like dry shampoo.

^^ This should buy you a day of not washing and will absorb the oils in the hair. just make sure you brush it through reallyyyyy well after dusting baby powder on the roots.
  • FUELERDUDE
    FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Sorry, wasn't sure where to post this lol.

I hate taking a shower after every time I work out. It dries my hair out if I wash my hair more than every other day. What do you do to keep your hair from looking greasy if you work out every day?

I have this problem as well. The only solution I found was to just keep my hair cut really short (which I prefer anyhow). Less hair to get/look greasy.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I also have that problem. The beautician told me to use conditioner only every other day. It gently cleans while not drying out your hair. It sort of works. I also want to try that new fructis dry shampoo I've seen on TV. I have high hopes for that, if it's not too expensive.

I didn't even think of dry shampoo lol. I've heard it's terrible for your hair, but it does it's job! I ran out of it a few months ago so maybe I'll try this, thanks!

dry shampoo changed my life. haha. i became obsessed with finding the perfect one for my hair (black hair so didnt want white residue, thin hair so needed something light weight, oily scalp so needed something to really get rid of oil)

some of my favorites are:
    batiste @ ulta for about $6.99
    oscar blandi @ sephora/ulta for about $20 maybe
    suave is also good but doesn't control oil as well
    also TIGI dry shampoo is good :)

ETA: for those saying dry shampoo leave your hair matted, the trick is to spray directly on the roots, let dry one or two minutes, the brush out while running a warm blow dryer if possible. leaves my hair light and fluffy :)
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    When you notice it looking greasy, sprinkle a bit of cornstarch on your scalp (like a tiny bit in your part) and massage it around with your finger tips.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I only use dry shampoo once in awhile. I think it dries my hair out too much.
    Rinse and just a touch of conditioner on the top. I also use the Infusium Leave in Conditioner. Its not real heavy like some of the others.