5'7 Ladies (Large Frame) What are your Goal Weights?

Options

Replies

• alexisjfrank
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and am looking to get down to around 150-155, although I think I have more of a medium frame.
  • nytefalle
    nytefalle Posts: 63
    Options
    5'6.5" and currently 195#, down from 215 at my heaviest. I have a smaller frame (bone structure) but I pack on muscle. I'm aiming for 160ish, but I'll just have to see when I get there. Hell, I'll be happy if I fit into a 10 at this point. If I get smaller, fine, but I honestly don't care a bit about the actual numbers on the scale.

BMI can suck it, cause there's no way I was ever meant to be 130# as an adult.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    5ft 6.5" and currently around 135lbs - I have a pretty huge frame, at my lowest weight of 118lbs I still had 38" hips and shoulders, looked too skinny on the stomach and ribs, so put on 20lbs.
    I'm happy with my weight now, I'm about a 6US/10UK on top and a 8US/12UK on the bottom - if I try to lose more weight I just lose it off my top half and the bottom stays the same so I don't see much point. My BMI is 21.5 and body fat at about 22%, which i'd like to get down to about 18 for more definition.

I'd definitely say trial and error is the key, I wanted to be 125, that was my ultimate goal, got there and didn't like it! I was quite happy at 145 and was really quite fit, but still felt too big - now at 135 I'm in a good BMI, can afford to splurge and put on a little at the holidays and am in a good size clothes.
  • kris10399
    kris10399 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What a great group! I'm 5'8" and currently 196.4. I've been working out with a trainer for 3 months and know I have developed alot more muscle under my fat since clothes that fit when I was 188 fit me a little better now at a higher weight.
    Ultimately weight-wise I'd like to get to maybe 164 but when I've been 175 that was great too. A good solid size 12 would be good. Just so when I go into a store I don't have to ask if they carry a 16.
  • nic_ci
    nic_ci Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 160 and a size 8...I would love to lose another 25 pounds...my goal is 135...about a size 4!
  • emcdermott85
    emcdermott85 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I remember when i was at my athletic weight in high school, i was 68kg and a size 10 - 12. But that was pretty hard to maintain. My hips and shoulders are VERY wide. I'll re-evaluate when I get closer to my goal weight I guess. :)
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I actually spoke with my physician on this one and he said 185 would be a realistic weight for me and my body type and at that weight I was a great size (from what I can remember from many years ago). I am just under 5'7". I am sure I could lose more than that, but I am not sure how easy it would be to maintain and I like having some muscle, so I will go for 175-185ish.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to get down to 145ish, and then reassess from there. I would be happy, however, at 155 - the rest would be gravy.
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Geez, Ladies.... What am I doing wrong !?!?!? I am 5'7" and weigh 162 lbs and am wearing a disgusting size 12 !! I would say I have a medium frame... I guess they call it a pear shape.. but I think pyramid might be closer.... At 162 I am definitely overweight :

Is this the muscle vs fat issue ?

^^^^^THIS is me too! At the point of just doing Insanity, then I will do weights etc. I have to quit worrying about the scale number! I just need to focus on inches lost and changing the shape of my body I think! SOOOO hard for me! Oh and my goal originally was 140 but if I can lose inches and get down to about 150 I think I would be ok with that. I guess we will see. :)
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7 1/2 and i would say a pretty large frame. Goal weight around 148 but i'm not sure I'm gonna make it that low.. Currently 158lbs. Really don't care how many pounds I am just wanna drop the body fat to about 16-18%

Side note about body frame: I thought when i weighed more (size 14) that I was a "large" frame and I would be content at a size 10 because I didn't think I could really go much lower and look healthy.. surprisingly enough I'm a 6 and don't look fraile at all.. the difference weight training can do! Unless you are physically poking at a bone it's fat that can be shred not the frame.. just something to consider but any healthy goal is worth rooting for! :drinker:
  • wowser5
    wowser5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 155 and I am 5'7". I was a size 10 when I was 168 lbs and was in great shape. Unfortunately, gained the weight back after I had my son and still trying to get it off. I am at 196 now....40 lbs to go!
  • firstcorinthians1031
    Options
    'Im 5'8-9"ish and my goal is 155 but Im not sure what it should be. Im kind of large framed, I think.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    5 ft 6 and a smidge , my goal is 170
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My 1st goal is to get to 185. My next goal will be to try to 150. But I will stop if I ever start looking emaciated.
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 166lbs. I am a size 10-12. To put that into perspective, I'm 36. I weighed 177lbs at the age of 21. I am doing really super well in terms of health and maintaining energy and physical activity levels. My next goal is to see if I can get to 155lbs, but if I don't, I'm okay. I'd rather be healthy and happy than causing myself injury trying to be too thin.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 165, a loose size 12. I want to get down to 160 but my body will not let go of those last 5 pounds no matter what I do.
  • deanna418
    deanna418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am barely 5'7, hips, butt, thighs, and broad shoulders. My first goal weight is 240lbs (pre 2nd child weight) and then to get under 200lbs. I haven't been under 200lbs since I was a kid so one day I will be!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    BTW, it's nice to read about people who are happy with their weight in the 160-175 range. I'm glad there are more like me out there.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    My goal is 145 and that's what I weighed this morning when I woke up:)
    In my picture I'm about 158.
    I'm thinking 140 to 143 would be ok. I didn't want to be a person who keeps wanting lower but I carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs. I know resistance exercise will help me out.
  • TwistedHeart30
    Options
    I am 5'7 large frame and my goal is 180lbs. That was at my smallest and the point when I was the happiest with my body.