Are there any foods that you don't count?

Options

Replies

• bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    Herbs when cooking :laugh: , tea, sugar free mints, and diet soft drinks when I have one time-to-time.
  • Bighiker2
    Bighiker2 Posts: 100
    Options
    I don't count fish oil pills, morning vitamins and the 3-4 cups of tea I have each day (I make it with just a little lemon and sweeten it with Splenda).

I don't count all of the above because I am pretty active - 2 weekly workouts at the gym plus every Saturday my husband and I hit the trails, regardless of the weather, hiking on average 8-10 miles each times, so I feel that maybe it's okay if I don't count the fish oil calories LOL

Anything else I count. =)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I don't track water or vitamin pills.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Sprinkles of salt and pepper
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Are there foods I don't count? Sure - the ones I don't eat.

lol I love how cocky people get.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    I am with slimming world so anything that is not on your free list or part of healthy extras get logged
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I count everything. All fruit, veg, oil used in cooking, salt, pepper x
  • Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't usually count natural lemon juice or raw honey, because honey metabolizes VERY differently than sugar.. It actually eats away fat, rather than stores it, so it doesn't make sense to count it.

Honey eats away fat? Time to fill up my bathtub with it!

i think he was talking about something like this quote i found on bodybuilding.com, about 'simple tricks to help weight loss" yeah because it is always so simple! the science is reasonable, but the wording used is subjective.

"10. Honey

Yes, it's a sugar, but it's fairly low on the glycemic index. Keeping insulin levels low and steady is critical for maintaining a fat-burning environment in your body.

Honey is also a rich source of nitric oxide (NO) metabolites; ultimately, that means it actually encourages fat release from the body's fat cells"

these aren't my words, I took this info from bodybuilding.com as I said, but reading it, I could see how a person could make that jump to "honey burns fat" I however wouldn't go so far as to say don't count it.....lots of foods have holistic properties and are low on the glycemic index, and we count all those, so count honey too. IMO
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    chewing gum and tums
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    pepper, and the slice of lemon in my water.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    To be honest, log everything. I never noticed but I used to chew a whole pack a gum a day..That's close to 70 or 80 calories.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    i don't count any drinks at all but i'm gaining weight i consider these bonus calories but ultimately empty ones and i want decent calories that will give me weight gain

also table sauces for the same reason
  • chillakiss
    chillakiss Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't count my fiber supplement (it's about 25 calories per heaping tbsp, but it's aight :)) lol
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Only things that have zero cals!
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I log just about everything, but I'm not strict with measuring some things. When I have a salad for lunch I log 2 cups of romaine, but in reality I just fill my plate with lettuce. Even if I used twice what I log (which I doubt, my plates aren't that big) we're only talking 16 calories. I also eyeball portions for things like peppers, onions, and other low cal veggies.

I also may not log a spice or herb if I'm cooking just 1 portion (like grilled chicken or something) but most of the time I put in an entire recipe and calculate out the portions so they're all accounted for in my recipe.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    everything but pills! :bigsmile:
    and yes that's the bad stuff too :angry:
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I log everything except when I just eat one or two sugar free sweets that I can't be bothered to log, and the little lemon slice I add to my water every morning! And my multivitamins!
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    coffee, tea - I don't use sugar and the 1.5 teaspoon of fat free milk has like 3 calories. When I do use creamer it's about a teaspoon of fat free creamer so less than 10 calories.

gum
    diet soda
    spices and herbs
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    everything but pills! :bigsmile:
    and yes that's the bad stuff too :angry:

lol bad pills or food?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Bacon.

After reading MFP, I learned I can soak it in honey and it becomes a zero-calorie food.