2»

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    IF YOU ARE A WINO, ADD ME!!!!
    LOVE MY WINE!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD YOU CONSIDER CUTTING OUT YOUR CUP OF JOY!?! Sorry for yelling. ; )

I drink wine just about every night. I net 1600 calories per day, including wine, and I am losing weight. I eat very nutritious whole foods, so I am not worried about the "empty" calories. You know what would get in my way? Cutting out things that are a joyful part of my life. It depends what you love, and what makes you feel balanced and satisfied.

Don't do anything to lose weight that you can't live with long term. That's why people re-gain.
  • I live in wine country and I am not giving up wine (or good crafted beer) in my calorie goals. I do drink less and I do carefully measure. I purchased a good half size bottle of Pinot Noir to go with Easter dinner and was able to have two 4-ounce pours, so that was a special treat. My husband gladly drank the rest of the wine left. I also agree with others who say you should probably save it for the end of the day so you are less likely to make poor calorie decisions after having the wine. You could also try even smaller pours (like 2-ounces) if you wanted to enjoy more of a food and wine pairing kind of meal. Good luck!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,046 Member
    WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD YOU CONSIDER CUTTING OUT YOUR CUP OF JOY!?! Sorry for yelling. ; )

I drink wine just about every night. I net 1600 calories per day, including wine, and I am losing weight. I eat very nutritious whole foods, so I am not worried about the "empty" calories. You know what would get in my way? Cutting out things that are a joyful part of my life. It depends what you love, and what makes you feel balanced and satisfied.

Don't do anything to lose weight that you can't live with long term. That's why people re-gain.

SOOO true!!!! I have been a WINO for 15 years!!!! LOL
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    I drink wine every night and I honestly haven't seen any negative effects to my weight loss.

Out of all the things I could give up that's not one of them. I enjoy my wine in the evenings.
  • airen123
    airen123 Posts: 149
    I drink wine every night and I honestly haven't seen any negative effects to my weight loss.

Out of all the things I could give up that's not one of them. I enjoy my wine in the evenings.

agreed:drinker:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Wine or your waistline? 3 rules to follow

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/03/health/wine-waistline/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

**not endorsing or refuting, just posting. I thought it was fortuitous that I found this on CNN just moments after seeing this post.
  • bridge1101
    bridge1101 Posts: 15 Member
    yes!! wino's unite!!! LOL.

Yeah, its my one guilty pleasure, for sure...but im not one to do serious snacking..or eat cakes and chocolate..or even drink juices/sodas.....for me..if im going to drink the calories...its should be worth it. However, i would like to see how i do if i cut back..maybe stick to weekends...we'll see. Im still working on figuring out the best number for my caloric intake. once i have that down, ill have a better idea.

Thanks for the input!