Any tips to get through Week ONE!

Options
2»

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as something you need to "get through." It's just part of your life now, like paying bills, brushing your teeth and shaving your legs. It's what you need to do to live the kind of life you want to live and feel the way you want to feel.

Use your food diary to plan your meals and snacks, not just record them, and be sure to include tasty things you'll enjoy. Plan your day right and there's absolutely no reason why pizza won't fit in your calories and macros. I have it at least once a week, and have done so almost two and a half years now. Half a pie, thick crust.

Get creative and aim to make all your meals delicious. Healthy doesn't have to mean bland and boring. And if everything you eat is delicious, you're not going to have cravings for those not-quite-so healthy foods you'll want to limit.

For instance, I love pasta. I used to cook up a whole box for just my husband and myself. Now, I cook up a normal "suggested serving size" sized serving (maybe a little less while I was losing, like a half cup instead of 3/4 cup), and add a ton of frozen vegetables and some chicken breast. I'm still eating a huge plate of food, with all the flavor I had before, but with a lot more nutrition and less calories. And honestly, a piece of cauliflower in vodka sauce is just as good as a penne noodle in vodka sauce.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Been there. Try watching one of those documentaries, like Food, Inc., Vegucated, Forks Over Knives, etc. Even if you've seen them before, allow youself to get snobbish about food. It may help get you over the hump. Good luck!
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I had the most intense cravings during the first two weeks. To get through that I have a lot of 'mouth distractions' to help out including...pre chopped up veggies, drinking hot water or tea, chewing gum, halls cough drops, instant miso soup and pickles. if I crave something -which is different than being hungry- I try one of those things and usually in 15 or 20 minutes that intense craving has left my mind. If Incan get throuh those first two weeks I am on my way.