Most up-to-date: 5'4" & 201 lbs to 124.

Options
13»

Replies

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I've got a lot of work to do still in regards to toning up, but in regards to weight loss I'm pretty much where I want to be. I've been around this weight since September but gained between traveling out of the country and the holidays in November and December (whoops) and am finally back down to my lowest. I really wasn't one to be a gym rat or like the gym in generally but have come to the conclusion I would rather be fit than 'skinny fat' therefore, this marks the beginning of my most recent after picture to a new after picture that will follow in the months to come. I'm hoping to get rid of the extra flab that has come with such a large weight loss.

tumblr_m29uerKgTi1qgzf16.png
    Don't mind the ugly color dress...

35arg9x.jpg
    I just got out of the 200s at 197 how did you do it?
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Wow, what a great achievement! You've worked hard and it shows!
  • randee95
    randee95 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! I am 5'4" and trying to get to 135. I'm at 154 now. Great job, girl!!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    U look amazing! Great job
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You ROCK, woman! WTG!
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    what a transformation!!! i am in the same boat- much rather be toned than skinny fat! have you tried bodyrock? amazing quick workouts at home and damn do they hurt haha!
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

You mentioned ratio of carbs to fat and protein. What are your target numbers?

I find carbs fascinating. Especially the effect they have on the glycemic index. When making food choices, carbs in particular, do you take into consideration the GI effect? (for example, choosing an apple over an orange because it won't spike your blood sugar as greatly)

What other advice can you give for food choices?

Thanks,
    Kirk

When I used Nutrisystem I used their diabetic program. Although I am not a diabetic, I do have PCOS and they're linked in some ways. It came with a booklet of recommended foods to buy and during that time span I did choose to purchase all lower-gi foods. I aimed for at least 40g of protein, 15g of fiber, under 30g of sugar, and 30g of fat. WIth the program and recommend foods it was pretty easy to hit my target numbers. Now that I am maintaining my weight and a lot of my symptoms of PCOS have subsided, I consume more med-high but still try to limit myself in some aspects. In fruits, I'm not so worried but with pasta, bread, and legumes I am more picky on what I choose and how often I consume.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Huge difference! Good for you :)
  • striveforhealthy
    Options
    what a transformation!!! i am in the same boat- much rather be toned than skinny fat! have you tried bodyrock? amazing quick workouts at home and damn do they hurt haha!

Thank you! And I have not but I am willing to give it a try.
  • MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Your waist is tiny!!! Nice work!
  • striveforhealthy
    Options
    Thanks!
  • andek095
    andek095 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    Kirk
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I started at 203, so you are truly inspiring! And you look fabulous!!! =)
  • Plooty222
    Plooty222 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats and thank you for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!