Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

waiting for midnight

2»

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    You are just borrowing calories from the next day. I don't understand why even wait until midnight, it's still counter productive.

Pick a time that your first meal starts. Such as 7am, breakfast. Anything you eat before then is still the previous day. No point in disrupting your sleep, if you cheat, you are only cheating yourself.

What are you on about? did you read the post? i am not cheating or disrupting my sleep.
    And this post isnt even about that, its about obsession.
    And as long as you do ever log in 24hours it doesnt matter at all...

I think that thinking anything "resets" after midnight is silly. The only thing that resets is the MFP counter.

IMO you should log stuff "after midnight" as belonging to the previous day. Start the following day after you actually sleep.

someone else has already said this, and i said i would still have the same issue just at a different time of the day... and like i also said i was looking for someone who felt the same obsession as me, just waiting for the day to end, whatever time that may be. And you may think im silly, but thats your opinion.

Yes, that's the point. You're "waiting for midnight" by watching the clock, but - as you say yourself - it's the same thing.

If you log stuff after midnight as being part of the same day, then you don't have to watch the clock or wait for midnight. It's completely arbitrary.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    I know what this is going to sound like before i even post it...like im making excuses but anyway...
    I cant really exercise as i live in a shared house above peoples rooms and share a wall with someone too ...and its 2am.

FYI - I bought a Tony Little's Gazelle Glider off craigslist for $50, it makes no noise! I actually got on it last night after I had completed my diary because I wanted another "treat" and told myself I had to earn it!

It sounds like you just want to eat and aren't really hungry. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm seeing. I am the same way; however, I am obsessed with food vs. the clock! As soon as I eat, I'm thinking about my next meal! It's terrible. As I am the same way, I can't offer you any suggestions!

Good luck!
  • myriddian
    myriddian Posts: 186 Member
    24 hour gym near you?
    If your not keeping 'normal' hours perhaps it would help fill some time in rather than craving snacks.
    I also agree with a PP if when I did night duty I used to count my eating day from 9am till 9am, I finished work at 7am and went pretty much straight to bed but ate 'breakfast' at around 5am.
    Just try and shift your mindset to match what hours your keeping
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    you need sleep to lose weight! I use to be same eat dinner at 10pm ish stay up till 4-5am in the morning and wake around 2-3pm i slowly changed my sleep rythem and now always eat dinner around 6-7pm then work out for another 30 mins watch some tv and go to bed around 10.30-11pm just to wake up at 8-9am have breakfast and work out 30 mins then walk the dog 1 hour. You get the drift. I have so much more energy during the day and much less gravings at night.

If you dont want to change your sleep rythem (i think you should try) try eating later, drink lots of water and see if you can find ways to keep you orccupied with sport or hobbies till you finaly go to sleep