My overweight picture

Options
highschoolbrian.jpg

This was me my senior year of high school I weight 215 and I was ten lbs overweight according to my BMI for my height. The reason I'm showing this picture is I see that a lot of people are concerned about weight and the number when really you should be judging by how you feel and how you look.

That is my overweight picture and I'm skinny as a twig, so don't let the scale or BMI keep you down just keep pushing.

Signed the former over weight high schooler to the now close to obese crossfitter

Replies

• Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Ummm...you don't look one bit overweight! You look a little on the small side, actually....:)
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    And that is what you wanted to hear.... I know..you look great!
  • karen19711
    karen19711 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    U look Fantastic Baby!!!!!!!

Long, Tall Glass of Water

Smile K
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    And that is what you wanted to hear.... I know..you look great!

The point was - BMI doesn't matter.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Ummm...you don't look one bit overweight! You look a little on the small side, actually....:)

Read....the words....in the post....lol

Legit post OP!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    So true, man.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Great point!
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    So true, man.

Yeah, I wanted to make this post for a couple of days but real life got in the way. I wanted people to see how ridiculous the BMI is and to throw the scale away and just keep pushing. I'll never be "healthy" according to the BMI because if I get down to 205 I'll be too damn skinny. People just to keep pushing not worry so much about the calorie count but what kind of calories are going into their body make sure it's lean meats veggies fruit etc etc stay away from a lot of processed food and candy. It's amazing how many calories you get by on with more home cooked healthy meals.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I like this post. Kudos to you. :drinker:
  • HeartOfAFighter
    HeartOfAFighter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Amen! That's exactly what i tell people don't go by the scale go by how you look and feel. =)
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I agree... BMI sucks... you can have people that are skinny and unhealthy and BMI won't capture this. You look great and you are awesome!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Overweight?????????????? No way!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kirstyb393
    Options
    this shows how bmi can be so wrong!

you look fabby
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    Options
    Overweight?????????????? No way!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to my BMI at that weight I was ten lbs overweight
  • DreamofGenie2012
    DreamofGenie2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I agree. BMI is an approximation, and certainly not written in stone. Appearance, health, ect are the most important-clearly demonstrated in this photo.

:)
  • lyndyloolaa
    lyndyloolaa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    A great reminder to use common sense over the 'science' sometimes!
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    Options
    And just because I know you guys are curious I averaged 15 points and 7 rebounds that season and made first team all county. ;)
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Exactly. Thanks for the reminder.
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thank you:flowerforyou:
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    OP, you know you are right on the money!! When I was in the Military, I was 235lbs, and according to my BMI of 30.2, Obese . It was a joke on my Base, as I had around 6-8% BF at all times. I actually had to go to Medical, and get waivered for my promotions ....and was forced to complete a "Fat Boys" program 1 time even ....LOL....