it works! body wraps

Options
jessileak
jessileak Posts: 28 Member
What are your thoughts on the herbal body wraps? worth trying or not so much?

Replies

• misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    It's just water weight so you will see a reduction in inches but its temporary. I had a friend trying to sell that stuff, I would save your money.
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    It does work over time as long you continue to work out hard and diet strictly.
    I wear my neopryne waist sweat band when exercising and going into the Sauna.
    It's crazy effective.
    :O
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    It does work over time as long you continue to work out hard and diet strictly.
    I wear my neopryne waist sweat band when exercising and going into the Sauna.
    It's crazy effective.
    :O

The working out hard and eating right is what's making the difference, not the gimmick
  • lizzyxo
    lizzyxo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It really works instantly! I lost an inch over night, and the results take 3 days to go into full effect. It is not water weight, the scale didn't change for me at all. I read that it shrinks the fat cells and clears toxins out of your body, which it really feels like that is what it does.I use them as motivation to keep eating right and working out so the effects don't go away. The fact that they work so well within the first use, is like "wow! my body can actually look awesome!" as long as I don't give up. I love them, I eventually wanna start selling them myself lol.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    It really works instantly! I lost an inch over night, and the results take 3 days to go into full effect. It is not water weight, the scale didn't change for me at all. I read that it shrinks the fat cells and clears toxins out of your body, which it really feels like that is what it does.I use them as motivation to keep eating right and working out so the effects don't go away. The fact that they work so well within the first use, is like "wow! my body can actually look awesome!" as long as I don't give up. I love them, I eventually wanna start selling them myself lol.

how does it shrink fat cells? if it does shrink fat cells, how does it differentiate between fat cells and other cells? what toxins does it clear? how does it clear toxins?

is there a site where i can research this, because these things seem like vague, unsubstantiated claims that are not congruent with biology.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    please save your money and buy fresh fruits and veggies with it instead.
    It's a scam. a placebo.
    Don't be bamboozled!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    A body wrap at the spa prior to an amazing hour long massage = pure winning.

A body wrap as a tool for weight loss, cleansing, detoxing, etc. is pure nonsense.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options

I'm with Wolverine on this.. I would like to see some clinical proof that is not put out by It Works.

My wife sells these. They work as a temporary fix (think if you are going to a wedding or a class reunion and you want to firm up for the event), but as far as I can tell it is not a long term solution to loosing inches. I would compare them to make-up.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options

there are no mystery toxins in our body.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    No
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mkvziyVpp51sntnroo1_250.gif

tumblr_mkvziyVpp51sntnroo2_r1_400.gif
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

I feel sorry for you, that you believe this.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Burn more calories than you consume in a day = weight loss magic. try it sometime folks :drinker:
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Total waste of MONEY!! Eat well and exercise and you'll lose weight!!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    You know what works just the same but costs less?

One baby aspirin a day...as long as you spend 90 minutes a day in the gym and restrict your caloric intake.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    What are your thoughts on the herbal body wraps? worth trying or not so much?

I recommend trying it at a spa first and not expecting to lose weight or inches from it. Yes, you can lose weight from it, but its water weight from sweating and can come back. I think its worth experiencing. My skin was super soft after and felt a little tighter. I tried it for pampering benefits and not to lose weight.

My advice is to go to whatever site you want to buy it from and read the reviews. I've noticed a lot of people on this site are against anything that says it helps weight loss or inch loss besides diet and exercise.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Wraps are great for sandwiches, sushi, burritos, and can even provide a bit of relaxation.

However . . . for weight loss?

rappingranny_zps89a2f2ab.gif
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Burn more calories than you consume in a day = weight loss magic. try it sometime folks :drinker:

I :heart: U!!!
  • lizzyxo
    lizzyxo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    woa people calm down, I am just sharing my experience with them.