Any heavy lifters with breast implants?

Options

Replies

• sindikumva
    Options
    Also, I'm not speaking from experience. Woot woot to au-naturale!
    Reasons for breast surgery are many and while a lot of men claim they like "natural" breasts, most people could not tell a well done boob job apart from the 'au naturale'.

My mom had a boob job because she ended up with one and a half boobs after breast surgery, my sister had breast reduction surgery to help her with back pains and a friend had surgery because her one breast was nearly two cups bigger than the other which was causing a load of back problems on her and she could not find a bra to fit &had to wear padding on the other side. Most breast surgery is not done to get "nicer" boobs. Don't just assume, it may offend people who don't have a choice.

Exactly. It's really rude actually. I'm not someone who has small boobs & just wants them bigger. I wouldn't mind having small & cute breasts, but that's not the case. Without going into detail, they are basically deformed looking & It's something that has always bothered me, but I've never been in a place where I could afford to have it fixed. Now I am so I am treating myself, I've worked very hard on my body to lose weight & tone up & I want to feel proud when I look in the mirror, not self conscious & ashamed.

Woah now, that got out of hand really fast. I was just saying that while I know about exercising after major surgery (spinal fusion for the win) I don't know about exercise recommendations after that particular surgery. I have no problem with breast augmentation or breast surgery and I don't think anything I said was rude!
  • johnbigfella
    Options
    need pictures for proof

this
  • nyla2120
    nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Reasons for breast surgery are many and while a lot of men claim they like "natural" breasts, most people could not tell a well done boob job apart from the 'au naturale'.

My mom had a boob job because she ended up with one and a half boobs after breast surgery, my sister had breast reduction surgery to help her with back pains and a friend had surgery because her one breast was nearly two cups bigger than the other which was causing a load of back problems on her and she could not find a bra to fit &had to wear padding on the other side. Most breast surgery is not done to get "nicer" boobs. Don't just assume, it may offend people who don't have a choice.

Exactly. It's really rude actually. I'm not someone who has small boobs & just wants them bigger. I wouldn't mind having small & cute breasts, but that's not the case. Without going into detail, they are basically deformed looking & It's something that has always bothered me, but I've never been in a place where I could afford to have it fixed. Now I am so I am treating myself, I've worked very hard on my body to lose weight & tone up & I want to feel proud when I look in the mirror, not self conscious & ashamed.

Woah now, that got out of hand really fast. I was just saying that while I know about exercising after major surgery (spinal fusion for the win) I don't know about exercise recommendations after that particular surgery. I have no problem with breast augmentation or breast surgery and I don't think anything I said was rude!

Then I misunderstood. I thought you were basically criticizing me for not being proud of being natural.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Don't have an answer to your question but I just want to say be careful. My sister had hers augmented (mainly to help with the way they sagged after two pregnancies) and now they look atrocious and she has no feeling there because of nerves that were severed. Do your research on the best surgeons in your area.

Thank you, I actually went to many different consultations & did research before picking my surgeon. I'll definitely be careful.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    You should probably ask a medical professional.

Of course this will all be discussed with my Dr. I'm just asking about people's experiences with this. I want to go into this with as much information as possible which includes medical professionals & people who have had it done.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

If you don't know, then why bother commenting?!? And I too found your comment super rude. If you meant it that way or not, maybe you should check those type of comments before poisting them in a thread specifically directed to those of us with implants.
  • MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Nyla...

I see that you don't have pics of yourself on your profile. I am POSITIVE that you are much better looking than whatshername. Good luck with your surgery! I hope to have it one day as well due to weight loss and saggy girls!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    As has been mentioned previously, many professional body builder/fitness models have implants. I'd bet there's likely some posts on the forums and/or articles over at bodybuilding.com you might find helpful.
  • Oakley82
    Oakley82 Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm going to echo everyone else on asking your plastic surgeon. BUT - You'll definitely be able tell your own body. You'll be sore for many weeks. When I got mine, I was a baby for at least 3 weeks. It was very, very tender. You may be able to do some cardio in a few weeks, but as far as lifting, that may take a little more time.

The WORST thing you can do is to overdo it. My mom tried to do too much after she got hers, and ended up messing the implant placement up because she fell on it. It's a pretty major surgery (as you know :smile: ). Take it lightly, it's not worth the risk of messing with how they look because the result of that will be MUCH worse than the loss of of muscle.

Good luck!
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello-

A friend of mine let me know there was someone on here with questions about this topic. I asked the same questions back in Feb. before mine. I had a very "aggressive" BA, consisting of a LOT of skin removal, lift, and implant on March 5th. Prior to that I worked out every single day (running, P90x, turbo fire...etc...). I had your SAME worries (still do, actually).

Because of the severity of my BA, my doctor wouldn't even let me take a walk for exercise until 3 weeks after the surgery and he said I could start running after 8 weeks and at that same time BEGIN lifting again, slowly.

Tuesday marked week 4 for me. The most I have done is take a walk (4.0mph), a max of 4 miles. I'm really hopeing I feel good enough to run May 1st!

As for lifting...there is no way I could do any lifting now. For a couple weeks after my surgery, I couldn't even open a jar of jelly. My implants were placed under the muscle so obviously that area was all cut and sewed back together. It took 3 weeks before I could wash my own hair and do a good job (I have long, thick hair). My arms are still sore...if this makes sense, it's the area between my arm pit and breasts. My incissions are still sore as well, but improving.

As far as muscle mass, sometimes I think the gap between my legs is closing and my arms are not as defined, or it's in my head. I don't want to take and compare pictures because I'm afraid of what I'll see. As for weight, I've gained about 5 pounds in the past month, however, I'm not very good with my food intake....I rely heavily on exercise to help me shed pounds.

For me, the proceedure was worth it. Even if you lose some muscle or even gain a pound or two of fat, you can get back to where you were in no time. I'm trying to not get down about my body taking some steps back- I love my new boobs!!! and my body will be back to rocking in no time once I'm healed.

My doctor was in Florida and I live in Wisconsin, so I'm trying to be extra cautious since visiting him for a check-up is no longer an option.

Good luck! FR me....we can keep in touch about our progress. I'm no expert considering I'm only 4 weeks into this.
  • sindikumva
    Options
    I'm
  • sindikumva
    Options

If you don't know, then why bother commenting?!? And I too found your comment super rude. If you meant it that way or not, maybe you should check those type of comments before poisting them in a thread specifically directed to those of us with implants.

I'm sorry to have made you feel insecure or bad about yourself, it was certainly not my intention.

-- Everyone makes their own personal decisions about these things (and about weight loss and diet in general) so I guess I wonder what's the point in being part of a community that takes offence at other people's decision to celebrate their body or their decisions. On the other hand... meh, it's the internet, eh?
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    and to answer another question you had...I took off work for only 1 week after the surgery and I needed longer. I'm a teacher and had a really tough time coming back to work. Mainly because I wasn't sleeping at night due to the pain (ran out of strong pain killers by then) and because sleeping on your back, evated, was not my thing.

Keep in mine, mine was aggressive. I know just getting implants, you get like a 2-3 inch incission. I have close to 25 inches of incisions....craziness. My before boobs were JACKED UP.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122848681

This appears to be a good place to look for some ideas of what to expect.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    You should probably ask a medical professional.

Of course this will all be discussed with my Dr. I'm just asking about people's experiences with this. I want to go into this with as much information as possible which includes medical professionals & people who have had it done.

And I hope you didn't take it to be snarky. I'm just saying you can ask about other experiences but everybody is different. You may not heal as quickly as someone else. You may have other issues we don't know about. Only you and your doctor know your complete medical history and only your doctor is going to be able to tell you when you will be ready. It could be 12 weeks, it could be 24.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

I'm sorry to have made you feel insecure or bad about yourself, it was certainly not my intention.

-- Everyone makes their own personal decisions about these things (and about weight loss and diet in general) so I guess I wonder what's the point in being part of a community that takes offence at other people's decision to celebrate their body or their decisions. On the other hand... meh, it's the internet, eh?

Oh I don't feel bad or insecure about myself! I love me and my boobs! I just find your comment rude. And I always fail to understand why people who no nothing about a subject feel the need to chime in. It is the internet so you'd think you could find a topic that you know something about and have experince with to comment on. Happy trolling!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    People who get offended on the internet....I just don't understand.
  • BlackEyedPanda
    BlackEyedPanda Posts: 86 Member
    Options

Then I misunderstood. I thought you were basically criticizing me for not being proud of being natural.
    "Woot woot to au-naturale!"

hmm... to me it sounds just offensive.
  • sindikumva
    Options
    http://xkcd.com/386/

http://static.happyplace.com/assets/images/2011/10/4e8de3974b9b7.png

I open my mouth... someone get's offensive, offended, or defensive. Point taken, my opinion was not welcomed. Suggestion for people looking to avoid unwanted medical advice from people who know nothing about the subject or "just feel the need to chime in" -- ask your doctor, not a group of random people on the internet!
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't have taken it offensively, more finding themselves lucky and celebrating it, but that's different people for you. Maybe a little insensitive considering the topic but back to the helpful bit......

My best friend had implant's under the muscle and as someone else said even washing her hair for the first coulple of weeks was a no go. She has healed relatively quickly but has still had to be very careful and one side was quicker than the other.

I wouldn't worry about getting back into the lifting at all, I would focus on doing things that will mean they settle and heal the best they can so that at the end of the day you get the best results. Once you feel healthy start from scratch and see how things go, you and your doctor will be the best judges.