4 days into 30 day shred and.......

Options

Replies

• wwest21
    wwest21 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into the 30 Day Shred and you all are inspiring me to give it a try!
  • hopelorel
    hopelorel Posts: 51
    Options
    Congrats on going down a size. I am on day 4 level 1 of 30DS and I am seeing my body change as well.
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You guys are inspiring....just watched the video on you tube. It doesn't look hard but I bet it's just going to kill me!! Looking forward to getting strong! Have to start this weekend!
  • bronze50
    bronze50 Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow, congrats on your success with the 30 day shred and being down a size. You go girl. :)
  • lindseylou197896
    lindseylou197896 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just did Day 1. It was a killer, but makes you feel good to get through it. 29 more to go!
  • thejubster1
    thejubster1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 5 for me. I learnt about 30DS on the forums and decided to give it a go, following the 2days on, 1 day off (cardio only) approach.. But then I keep reading about everyone's amazing results and seeing the before & after pics and I am inspired to just keep on going!

Tips I learnt from others before starting:
    * it looks easy when you watch the video through the first time - its a different story for us mortals
    * get a HRM to track your calorie burn accurately- I've found I can burn between 145 & 165 in a session
    * some people lose weight, others stay same weight but lose inches.
    * take photos and measurements before you start - in case the scales don't move for you, you will see difference in other ways
    * extra stretching afterwards might help with some of the soreness
    * if you are feeling sore - congratulations!! You have just found a new muscle :)
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I just started level 2 today and it is tough! But I love it! I was sweaty and wobbly afterwards, which means I was working it!! I also have to get up at 5 to get it done, but it starts the whole day off great and feeling a difference in the looseness of my pants motivates me when I just want to sleep in! Keep up the great work and you will LOVE the results!
  • thejubster1
    thejubster1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 5 for me. I learnt about 30DS on the forums and decided to give it a go, following the 2days on, 1 day off (cardio only) approach.. But then I keep reading about everyone's amazing results and seeing the before & after pics and I am inspired to just keep on going!

Tips I learnt from others before starting:
    * it looks easy when you watch the video through the first time - its a different story for us mortals
    * get a HRM to track your calorie burn accurately- I've found I can burn between 145 & 165 in a session
    * some people lose weight, others stay same weight but lose inches.
    * take photos and measurements before you start - in case the scales don't move for you, you will see difference in other ways
    * extra stretching afterwards might help with some of the soreness
    * if you are feeling sore - congratulations!! You have just found a new muscle :smokin:
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 two days ago and got interrupted 7 minutes before the end and missed the stretches. My quads are killing me though I've tried stretching etc since. Does everyone get this sore at first or is it because I did complete the session properly? BTW I run and do yoga so I'm not completely unfit at the start.
  • adopt321
    adopt321 Posts: 111
    Options
    Woo Woo - good for you! If you're dropping pant sizes that fast you may want to hold off for a few pay days to buy new pants! ;0)
  • mrskk22
    mrskk22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm on Day 3 level 1. My body is sore, but i'm trying to do 30 days continuously
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 5 of level 1 today. It is getting easier but reverse crunches, bicycle crunches and pushups are so tough for me. I also do Zumba 3-4 days a week. I'm excited and looking forward to starting level 2 in 5 more days.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 level 2, by the 2nd day I was ready to quit, for me it was "very hard" and a little akward but I'm glad I didn't 'cause today I could follow Natalie and feel much stonger, on level 1 I was burning around 160 cals (I'm 138 lbs) when I started level 2 180 but today 230 cals! My abdomen is looking better (my problem area) too bad I haven't lost any weight :(
    I'm doing this everyday and "hoping" to finish that way... Good luck everyone!!!
  • AnJulNZ
    AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone!!

I'm on day 9 level 1 and still struggling with the pushups - I have very poor upper body strength but it is improving.

I lost 4lb in the first week (watching what I eat closely too). I feel stronger and firmer, and although my measurements didn't change in the first week, my clothes are definitely looser. I have more energy too!

:happy: :happy: It's a punishing routine but I enjoy it, and I'm loving the results!
  • Vicks1978
    Vicks1978 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 level 1 and i am in agony but after seeing/hearing so many good things about this I can't wait to see results.

Some of the things she says really motivates me, just as I think I need to stop hehehe
  • Bronwyn9
    Bronwyn9 Posts: 17
    Options
    I did 30DS for a few weeks on level one. I really felt like I was getting stronger. At one point Jillian says she has 400 lb clients that do Jumping Jacks, so we should do them, too. I just can't handle all that "jiggling." Anyone else modify things so they're a little lower impact? I'm just over 200lbs, but have been much higher. Wondering if it's just me....
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I wish I saw results from it! I try my hardest and get nothing. At first I had that nice muscle soreness. Now, I get little of that and see no changes in my body. That's what I get for being old I guess. When I was in my twenties I had no problem developing nice muscles.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 5 today and can see a difference already. If anyone is thinking of it do it!!!
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you who are seeing results!

Can't wait to start tomorrow!
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michael!!! Im on day 2 lvl 2 tomorrow. I had a rest today TOM heavy. I can feel my body changing & look forward to weighin & 2nd measurements :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!