Do you use a food scale?

Options
12346»

Replies

• mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I do for meat mainly. I can figure out veggies and fruit with a measuring cup but example I am having a small steak tonight with my dinner so I weighted it to assure it was the size I was estimating.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I use a digital scale that I can zero out so that I can put a plate on it, zero out the weight of the plate and figure out exactly how many ounces of meat I have, etc.

I like the precision of using a food scale, and it was like $25 on Amazon.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I weigh everything cups of some items can vary in weight due to the volume they take up being variable.So to be accurate weighing is the only way to be accurate
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I use mine almost constantly. I have a bad tendency to under or over estimate meat depending on how much bone is in it. If I weigh the meat then weigh the bone after I'm done I get the accurate amount of meat once the bone is subtracted from the meat and bone total. Other things I tend to be more accurate about but it's taken years of practice. I got mine at Harbor Freight and it weighs up to 1000 grams. It also weighs in pounds and ounces. It was under $20.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I use a digital scale for basically everything with the exception of snacks that are boxed in individual serving sizes or have the amount you should have per serving on the box.
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have one from when I joined Weight Watchers back in the 80's. I use it all the time!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I use a food scale to measure nearly everything. Salad items (the low calorie things like lettuce, cucumber) I tend to eyeball and log approximate portion or volume.

To be honest, I used a food scale for following recipes, especially for baking, long before I was counting calories, so it feels natural to me.