You're beautiful

Options

Replies

• ShannonS2714
    ShannonS2714 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i wont live in a lie, i was a fat *kitten*

Hell, I AM a fat *kitten* (b!tch, I guess LOL)...but, I'm working on it...

Then this thread is for you to make you feel better about yourself with some stupid story

No, it was intended to help give everyone a little positive boost. It didn't make me feel better about myself at all. BUT, you're a super sweet ray of sunshine :flowerforyou:
  • ShannonS2714
    Options
    My husband does not agree. Hence the dirty looks when he sees me getting dressed or undressed. It's difficult to rise above the rotten feelings that stem from that.

I feel you sweety. I don't just get the dirty looks. Mine frequently reminds me that I'm "disgusting" and "repulsive". Put another way to me last week "You know what your problem is? Your actually deluded enough to believe you're attractive."

I'm confused as to how these men are considered husband material? I understand that relationships are more complicated than that, but degrade me, disrespect me and belittle me like that^^ and see if there aren't divorce papers stapled to your balls when you wake up.

It is complicated unfortunately, or I would've left four years ago when this crap started. He wasn't always like this, no way would I have married him had I known he was capable of being so cruel.

I hope that you are able to find peace and happiness...either with him or without him. I think you are beautiful and he's a dumbass. :wink:
  • assblaster69
    assblaster69 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Then this thread is for you to make you feel better about yourself with some stupid story

No, it was intended to help give everyone a little positive boost. It didn't make me feel better about myself at all. BUT, you're a super sweet ray of sunshine :flowerforyou:

thx bby
  • XxMarciaxX
    XxMarciaxX Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love this post but at the same time it saddens me how little i think of myself, Ive had low self asteem issues since i was a child, when i was in my teen years at school i was always the ugly one out when it came to friends, i got bullied at school for my appearence and would frequently be the target off being asked to turn around by a boy because he liked what he saw from the back only to feel humiliated when he would laugh and shout 'shame about the face'.Because of it i was so quiet at school and could never talk to anyone i didnt no without feeling the panic rising in me.
    My mum always called me odd one out and weird because i was very different in my interests compared to rest of the family and if we got into an argument she would always call me a 'skinny ugly *****'.
    Even today at 23 i suffer from bad asteem and anxiety issues, when i go to drop i daughter off at school i panic if one of the other mums is looking at me like she is judging me on how imperfect i am as alot of them are super confident.
    I have a fantastic partner who tells me how lovely i am everyday and disagree with him because i cant see the attraction. I no i over worry and half the time people i come across day to day dont care what i look like and i wish i loved myself more because i know i am beautiful and kind hearted on the inside maybe i should focus on that some more ?
  • ShannonS2714
    Options

thx bby

Anytime :glasses:
  • ShannonS2714
    Options
    I love this post but at the same time it saddens me how little i think of myself, Ive had low self asteem issues since i was a child, when i was in my teen years at school i was always the ugly one out when it came to friends, i got bullied at school for my appearence and would frequently be the target off being asked to turn around by a boy because he liked what he saw from the back only to feel humiliated when he would laugh and shout 'shame about the face'.Because of it i was so quiet at school and could never talk to anyone i didnt no without feeling the panic rising in me.
    My mum always called me odd one out and weird because i was very different in my interests compared to rest of the family and if we got into an argument she would always call me a 'skinny ugly *****'.
    Even today at 23 i suffer from bad asteem and anxiety issues, when i go to drop i daughter off at school i panic if one of the other mums is looking at me like she is judging me on how imperfect i am as alot of them are super confident.
    I have a fantastic partner who tells me how lovely i am everyday and disagree with him because i cant see the attraction. I no i over worry and half the time people i come across day to day dont care what i look like and i wish i loved myself more because i know i am beautiful and kind hearted on the inside maybe i should focus on that some more ?

Definitely!

I think you are incredibly beautiful. I'm sorry you had to deal with that as a kid, but just remember that all of those things made you who you are today....be strong and KNOW you are beautiful!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    My husband does not agree. Hence the dirty looks when he sees me getting dressed or undressed. It's difficult to rise above the rotten feelings that stem from that.

I've read several of your posts in regards to your husband and his attitude toward you. It makes me sad and angry. But mostly sad.

I'm just gonna give you a flower. :flowerforyou:
    Thank you. Geesh, I hate to complain now that I think about it. I guess I am venting mindlessly. I can't change him but maybe I can change the way I see situation? I should work toward some kind of positive mindset.
    Options

I feel you sweety. I don't just get the dirty looks. Mine frequently reminds me that I'm "disgusting" and "repulsive". Put another way to me last week "You know what your problem is? Your actually deluded enough to believe you're attractive."

Ugh.... that's no way to treat a lady! That hurts just thinking about it. May we both emerge with smokin hot bodies that they wish they could get a piece of!
  • ShannonS2714
    Options

I've read several of your posts in regards to your husband and his attitude toward you. It makes me sad and angry. But mostly sad.

Thank you. Geesh, I hate to complain now that I think about it. I guess I am venting mindlessly. I can't change him but maybe I can change the way I see situation? I should work toward some kind of positive mindset.

I have been trying very hard to remember that I can't control anything about others, only things about myself. Therefore, changing the way you see the situation and working toward positivity is definitely a great idea!! You never know, maybe it will cause him to reassess his actions, as well!
  • fayeonherway
    Options

You can change the way you see the situation, however the situation needs to stop existing. You cannot change a person BUT you can change what 'you' find acceptable from other people in regards to your feelings. I know marriages are not always sunshine and rainbows but people treat you how you allow them to treat you. Including spouses.

Sending you a hug because I think you're a rock star!
  • XxMarciaxX
    XxMarciaxX Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    [/quote] Definitely!

I think you are incredibly beautiful. I'm sorry you had to deal with that as a kid, but just remember that all of those things made you who you are today....be strong and KNOW you are beautiful!
    [/quote]

Thankyou :flowerforyou: that means alot
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    :heart: :flowerforyou:

I am in a situation like this too, its to the point he gets mad I am lifting weights and working out.. and makes really nasty comments about my stomach (a small amount of extra skin from losing a persons weight!) and my boobs (which have nursed 5 babys and endured 110 lb weight loss too)

SO. When I get buff from lifting heavy. I WILL be beating his *kitten*, believe that. :drinker:
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    adore this! :heart:
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options

I'm confused as to how these men are considered husband material? I understand that relationships are more complicated than that, but degrade me, disrespect me and belittle me like that^^ and see if there aren't divorce papers stapled to your balls when you wake up.

I agree
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Can't believe the things some of these women are saying that their husbands say to them. It is psychologically abusive and uncalled for. My boyfriend tells me how beautiful I am every day. I can identify with a lot of these ladies that are saying they think they are ugly, they hate themselves, they don't like to have their picture taken etc. I feel like that a lot. Very self conscious, very negative thoughts about my appearance. It has been getting better and I have my good days and bad days but yeah, sucks. I'm just glad my boyfriend understands and trys to help me. If I had an abusive husband I'm not sure what I would do.......
    Options

You can change the way you see the situation, however the situation needs to stop existing. You cannot change a person BUT you can change what 'you' find acceptable from other people in regards to your feelings. I know marriages are not always sunshine and rainbows but people treat you how you allow them to treat you. Including spouses.

Sending you a hug because I think you're a rock star!
    Thank you. I hate to say, this is one of those kind of people who literally is unaffected by anything I say or do. I have done anything I can think of, said everything I can think of, to get him to treat me with any amount of consideration. I would feel differently had I brought it on myself. But I really didn't do anything to him to deserve his worst. I just can't get my head around it.
    Options
    :heart: :flowerforyou:

I am in a situation like this too, its to the point he gets mad I am lifting weights and working out.. and makes really nasty comments about my stomach (a small amount of extra skin from losing a persons weight!) and my boobs (which have nursed 5 babys and endured 110 lb weight loss too)

SO. When I get buff from lifting heavy. I WILL be beating his *kitten*, believe that. :drinker:

This angers me to even read it. You have performed the miracles with your body and that deserves respect on it's own. I only nursed two babies, but it is plenty enough to know your feeling. I wonder if he just wants you to look bad and feel bad because he is jealous? Is he in shape at all?
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    No he was a high school athlete..but that was 20 years ago. Hes in the obese range...cant do a push up..when I invited him to walk the track at the Ymca he walked about 8 laps said he didnt wanna break a sweat and left. I assume he knows hes a douche canoe and is scared Im gonna leave. And he should be. Honestly. I need support..not someone to make fun of my naked body!
    Options
    my husband was so overweight that sex was even difficult. And he had the nerve to sneer at me? PFFFT. Makes you wonder don't it? Why do they think they can look like a doughboy, yet have room to say the most rotten things to us? It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
  • ShannonS2714
    Options
    my husband was so overweight that sex was even difficult. And he had the nerve to sneer at me? PFFFT. Makes you wonder don't it? Why do they think they can look like a doughboy, yet have room to say the most rotten things to us? It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

This pisses me off. What a hypocrite.

They think that if they tear us down, they're building themselves up. Basically, they're morons.