HELP - BREAKFAST SUCKS

Options
I am fine with balancing my foods for lunch and dinner but breakfast kills me!

I never know what is a good breakfast. Cereal is high in salt (which I have to watch) eggs can be fatty and high in cholesterol... I am stuck and about to give up on the normal sense of breakfast and switch to eating things like lunch and dinner foods in the morning!

Please tell me your favorite "Healthy" breakfasts.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    2 crustless egg quiches and a yogurt with an apple for snack mid morning. Pretty much eat that every day.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    1/2 a liter of vodka and whatever food is stuck to the side of my face from the previous night.
  • aznsdgrl
    aznsdgrl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from. I do not like eating eggs unless I have a serious craving.

Oatmeal, either mixed with some sort of fruit or a baked oatmeal recipe that can be made ahead of time. Greek yogurt is also a good choice, higher in protein to help you stay full.
  • 1jobean
    1jobean Posts: 84
    Options
    Oatmeal with blueberries, flax, and almond milk. Yummy
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Eggs have the good cholesterol not the bad so I wouldn't worry eating them. I love berries, nuts and yogurt in the morning.
  • Angeldach
    Angeldach Posts: 56
    Options
    I usually exercise in the morning so I drink a protein shake after for breakfast. It's pretty filling and it is a good for post workout food. I use a low calorie protein powder, vanilla yogurt, Lactaid, strawberries, and bananas and then I just blend it all together.
  • cricket_77
    cricket_77 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    So don't eat regular "breakfast" foods. You can have lunch foods for breakfast if you like and especially if they fit nicely into your calories/macros. I had a tuna sandwich for breakfast this morning =)
  • shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This morning I had 4 oz baked chicken breast and 1/2 avacado. I'm trying to add more protein and good fat to my diet and eat less processed foods. Hey, sometimes people eat breakfast for dinner so why not dinner for breakfast? :tongue:
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating non traditional breakfasts. That being said, my absolute favorite is 6T egg whites zapped in a bowl in the micro to make a "patty". Put it on a bagel thing, some whole wheat toast or a whole wheat English muffin with a slice of lowfat cheese, and YUM! I also like oatmeal with 2T liquid egg whites mixed in after it's cooked. I sometimes also mix in a bit of plain Greek yogurt.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to "eat" breakfast, I will have a protein shake in the morning before work, especially a chocolate one because it's just like a big glass of chocolate milk (when mixed with milk). Otherwise, I'll normally skip breakfast, and eat at lunch or if on the weekends, make an omelette and toast, but that's normally closer to noon...so I guess it would be considered lunch too.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Most days, this is my breakfast ......

1 hardboiled egg
    1 ounce of goat cheese
    1-2 cups of roasted or sauteed veggies
    1 piece toast with butter or SF jam
    1-2 cups of coffee with LF milk

I load up on breakfast, because I don't always get a chance to eat a decent lunch ......

Good luck :drinker:
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I have two different breakfasts that i alternate. Oatmeal, 1/2 an apple and one piece of wheat toast. Or, Two eggs scrambled, three slices of pan fried bacon, grits and one piece of toast. I eat at 5:30am both of these hold me over pretty well till about 930, have a snack, then lunch at 11.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    What the heck is wrong with eggs?

I love breakfast. Fruit smoothies or a big honkin' omelette loaded up with vegetables and cheese and oh my...
  • jim101986
    Options
    fat free greek yogurt almonds oats and honey
  • GSmith0904
    Options
    banana, peanut butter and milk smoothie :) my favorite!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast! I have eggs four days a week and oatmeal the other three. Typically 2-3 eggs, sourdough toast, half a banana & black coffee. Oatmeal gets mixed with 1/3-1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt, fresh berries, walnuts, honey & cinnamon - it's delicious!
  • blndtgr80
    Options
    I am a big fan of Boost Calorie Smart since it is lower in carbs and still has 16g of protein to keep me going. I also love lowfat Kefir, nice way to get your probiotics in there. I used to do greek yogurt but I just don't have the time to sit and eat during breakfast anymore. I would am proud of you though, dinner is my sin.
  • bmarie545
    Options
    I have tofu scramble with veggie bacon on the weekends, and celery w/ 1 tbsp organic peanut butter during the week. I'm doing south beach phase 1 - although limited, these choices have satisfied any morning cravings.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I like making a big pot of steel cut oatmeal on Sunday night or Monday morning and portion it out for the week so I can just zap a bowl in the microwave and add some toppings like banana, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, apple, ect. PB & J or PB & banana are also good.
  • dameelly
    dameelly Posts: 4
    Options
    I had a horible time eating at all for breakfast. Now I make a protein shake with Plant Fusion protein (only 6g sugar and loaded with enzymes). For vanilla I use 1 c frozen raspberries, 1 tbls chia seeds, 1 tbls hemp hearts, 2 c unsweeten almond milk and 2 scoops powder. For chocolate 1 banana, 2c almond milk and 2 scoops powder. Put it in the bullet (which works really well for these drinks) and breakfast. Ok I drink the chocolate for dinner or snack too. yummy.