HELP - BREAKFAST SUCKS

Options

Replies

• postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I just eat regular food! I don't buy into "breakfast" foods unless I really want it for breakfast.

Do you like eggs, though? There are always egg beaters or egg white omelets.
  • postrockandcats
    Options
    1/2 a liter of vodka and whatever food is stuck to the side of my face from the previous night.

IIFIYM win.
  • mcooper62
    Options
    I love eggs whites with spinach leaves and a couple of slice tomatoes in the mornings. This really works for me. it keeps me until about mid morning and then i'll have my snack.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    For my to go Breakfasts: Fat free greek yogurt w/ fresh fruit (Fage is the best when it's on sale!) and half of a whole wheat muffin or bagel w/ either light cream cheese and a slice of avacado or 1 tbs of nutella (if I want something sweet). Hard boiled eggs are another top choice for me as a protien, but I see that you may not be a fan.
    For my have some time Breakfasts;
    instant steel cut oats w/ 1 tsp brown sugar and heavy on the cinnamon w/ fruit and egg
    1 whole egg and 1 egg white omelette w/ low fat cheese and fresh spinach w/ tomatos topped w/ salsa and ff sour cream.
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    I am fine with balancing my foods for lunch and dinner but breakfast kills me!

I never know what is a good breakfast. Cereal is high in salt (which I have to watch) eggs can be fatty and high in cholesterol... I am stuck and about to give up on the normal sense of breakfast and switch to eating things like lunch and dinner foods in the morning!

Please tell me your favorite "Healthy" breakfasts.

I can't believe 4 pages in and no one has addressed the real issue. Maybe everyone is just as lost as the OP.

You're speaking a lot of non sense, about eggs. Salt? Unless you have a medical condition that you need to avoid salt there is no reason to cut it out.

I propose this question, who is healthier? someone who is 400lbs who eats "healthy" or someone who is at a healthy weight who eats "unhealthy" food?

This is about diet adherence and weight loss. Most important ting is get the weight off before even worrying about food choices.

Another brilliant post! Listen to this man, he KNOWS what hes talking about. And guess what, it works.
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    line muffin tins with turkey bacon, crack a while egg, top with cheese/diced toms/chiffonade spinach and back at 375 for 20. portable and delish.

Umm...yummy! So trying this, thanks!

Oh and I saw people having trouble locating the Recipe Forum. Hit the community tab and it is under the Main topics, 2nd one up from the bottom.
  • bputnam66
    Options
    I'm currently using Vilalus shakes and they're full of vitiams and protein. I have one for breakfast, the other for lunch. 8 - 10 oz of Almond Milk or Skim milk and other fruits, or just plain. Easy too.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Eggs are like the healthiest thing you can eat!
  • CarlottaGorda
    Options
    BAKED OATMEAL - prepare, cut into portions, wrap & freeze

I usually make 4 servings in an 8 x 8 glass pan *LINED WITH PARCHMENT PAPER* but have also made this in a larger pan for 6 servings.

Bake at 350 for ~ 30 mins. Slightly rice pudding-like in texture.

EACH PORTION consists of
    1/3 cup quick oats (uncooked)
    1/2 cup egg white (no yolk)
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 T chopped walnuts (optional)
    stevia to taste, or sugar to taste if you prefer (I usually use stevia to equal 1 t of sugar)
    cinnamon & nutmeg:
    1 t cinnamon (for 4 portions); 1/2 t nutmeg (for 4 portions)

- you've got carbs, protein, and a warm yummy feeling in your tummy that should hold you for a long time

(330 cals with walnuts)

if you don't line your pan with parchment paper, you'd need to grease it and even then it'd probably leave quite a mess - parchment paper is a cook's bff :smile:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal cookies with cherries and nuts for breakfast. I also love to eat oatmeal (I use salt substitute for my husbands') with chopped peaches, cinnamon and I throw in some protein powder (vanilla or non-flavored). The protein helps to fill you, the oatmeal has a good amount of fiber and it is a lower carb option. Don't skip breakfast... it is the most important meal of the day. Breakfast breaks the fast your body was on while you were sleeping. Eight hours without food. Your metabolism works better with fuel to kick start it in the morning. ;o) My friend hates breakfast foods. She eats a sandwich with whatever she wants in it. There is always a lean protein, a dairy (cheese), and veggies. Another friend eats a smoothie. She loves yogurt, frozen berries, protein powder and almond milk (use regular milk if you'd rather). It's filling and tastes amazing!

this is just wrong on so many levels..

Meal timing has nothing to do with metabolism. You can skip breakfast and eat at noon time and still lose weight. i have done this for six months - lean gains - and have dropped body fat % from 15 to 13 and have seen increased strength gains.

Please explain to me why "breakfast is the most important meal of the day?"
  • postrockandcats
    Options
    I am fine with balancing my foods for lunch and dinner but breakfast kills me!

I never know what is a good breakfast. Cereal is high in salt (which I have to watch) eggs can be fatty and high in cholesterol... I am stuck and about to give up on the normal sense of breakfast and switch to eating things like lunch and dinner foods in the morning!

Please tell me your favorite "Healthy" breakfasts.

I can't believe 4 pages in and no one has addressed the real issue. Maybe everyone is just as lost as the OP.

You're speaking a lot of non sense, about eggs. Salt? Unless you have a medical condition that you need to avoid salt there is no reason to cut it out.

I propose this question, who is healthier? someone who is 400lbs who eats "healthy" or someone who is at a healthy weight who eats "unhealthy" food?

This is about diet adherence and weight loss. Most important ting is get the weight off before even worrying about food choices.

If someone says "I can't have ___" I'm going to take them at their word as they know more about their lives than I do. But, I agree with you- this is about a lot more than just loosing weight. I can tell you from my experience that I had to relearn eating. I was afraid of food and was actively avoiding what I enjoyed, which is what led to regaining. So, there's a lot of fat and carbs in my life, but not as many calories. Things are much better this time around!
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    breakfast is my struggle area to as well
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Depends on my mood, but I keep single serving oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, and eggs (or egg substitute) around the house almost all the time. They all make a good meal or snack any time for me.
  • annpatricianielsen
    Options
    Oatmeal made with water and whatever there's in the cabins! :-) For example:
    - Apple slices and cinnamon
    - Peanut butter and apple or banana slices
    - Unsalted nuts and honey

Breakfast has become my favorite meal! :heart:
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    So don't eat regular "breakfast" foods. You can have lunch foods for breakfast if you like and especially if they fit nicely into your calories/macros. I had a tuna sandwich for breakfast this morning =)

^^^^^This.
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cereal for breakfast, and although I do have oatmeal a few times a weeks, for those days when I'm not awake enough to be trusted with applicances, (seriously, I singed my robe a couple weeks ago while stirring the oatmeal!) I like spoon size shredded wheat with fruit and milk. You can sprinkle a few nuts or seeds if you need a protein boost, but I generally get enough from the milk I drink plus the milk on my cereal. And it has no added sugar or salt, just wheat.
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person so all my breakfasts are convenience foods. I know many people say that granola bars, protein bars, etc aren't healthy because of the sugar and processing, but they have been a perfect solution for me. Other options are PB on toasted wheat, laughing cow wedge on english muffin, or instant oatmeal (but that's not something I enjoy often). I personally think cereal is fine as long as your are watching the serving size.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast is 4 egg whites (from large organic eggs) either plain or on a 100 cal multi-grain or whole wheat wrap with 1/3 slice of 2% american cheese singles (I don't like a lot of cheese). Otherwise, I'll have two mulit-grain waffles with an 1/8 cup of sugar free Mrs. Butterworths syrup. Breakfast is my favorite meal and egg whites - I could eat them everyday several times a day (sometimes I will add them onto whatever I'm having for dinner).
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    6 oz of my homemade yogurt (sometimes skim, sometimes 3.25% fat)
    25g of protein powder
    28g of Holy Crap Dragon's Blend Cereal
    140g of fruit

Dump it in a bowl and stir it all up together. Yummy. :heart:
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    -Oatmeal with a tblsp of peanut butter mixed in
    -2 eggs with a piece of fruit
    -An almond milk smoothie (fruit, almond milk, cinnamon, tofu, spinach, chia seeds, honey, ice)