Defective Beachbody Discs?

Options
124»

Replies

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    If everyone thing else plays without an issue but BB discs, try this. Download DVDFAb, install it to your windows pc, try creating a copy of one BB DVD. Hopefully you have some DVD blanks. If it works on your computer every time, it's worth a shot to try a burned copy. Try burning one of the TurboFire DVDs and see what happens.

www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

I think Toshiba DVD players only have a 90 day warranty. I would say call Toshiba and see if they will fix your player for free. If it turns out to be your DVD player. Maybe it's an incompatibility problem with the newer BB DVDs and your particular Toshiba DVD player. I have a Toshiba but I don't have any BB discs.

http://support.toshiba.com/warranty
    http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/detailed_specs/video-electronics/sd4300_spec.pdf

Ended up going out and upgrading to a BluRay player, Phillips. Seems to work nicely, colors much more vibrant. I went ahead and got the 2 year additional service protection plan on it just in case. :) So far all the "defective" discs play like gems.

That sucks that you had to go out and buy a new DVD player, but I'm glad you're back in business.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    How about unplugging the DVD player, waiting 5 minutes and plugging it back in ?
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are back in business.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Certainly seemed like an AV/Codec issue from your pictures, that is really a shame, but I am very happy you figured it out. Def not a defective disc/player error all that.

Now get started on your program :D
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    How about unplugging the DVD player, waiting 5 minutes and plugging it back in ?

that didn't work, something about the coding on the newer beachbody DVDs just won't play in that particular player...tried it all.
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Certainly seemed like an AV/Codec issue from your pictures, that is really a shame, but I am very happy you figured it out. Def not a defective disc/player error all that.

Now get started on your program :D

Getting on that right now :)
  • Truesmilez
    Truesmilez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please let me know if you find a resolution. I purchased the hip hop abs directly from Beach Body and none of the discs work in either of my DVD players (memorex or magnavox). Beach body sent replacements without a problem but even the replacements don't play. I know my DVD player is fuctional. I placed Jillian Michaels or any other DVD in it and it works fine but when I put hip hop abs I literally get a black screen with the DVD in the right corner...nothing comes on or plays. I did notice that Jillian and all my other movies the DVD emblem says DVD- Video. However the hip hop abs just says DVD. Does that make a difference?? I don't want to go out and buy another player and still get the same issue.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Please let me know if you find a resolution. I purchased the hip hop abs directly from Beach Body and none of the discs work in either of my DVD players (memorex or magnavox). Beach body sent replacements without a problem but even the replacements don't play. I know my DVD player is fuctional. I placed Jillian Michaels or any other DVD in it and it works fine but when I put hip hop abs I literally get a black screen with the DVD in the right corner...nothing comes on or plays. I did notice that Jillian and all my other movies the DVD emblem says DVD- Video. However the hip hop abs just says DVD. Does that make a difference?? I don't want to go out and buy another player and still get the same issue.

That happened to me too with Hip Hop Abs! it's not your DVD player, it's the encoding in the DVDs. They discs don't work in my DVD player but does in my PS3 player, so I just use that. It sucks because this means I can't use the TV in my bedroom. I have to go downstairs to use that TV and give advance warning to my husband and sons so I'm not interrupting their game playing but you know, first world problems.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    one of my Charlene extreme does not play properly i fixed this by burning it on another disc, works great now
  • 808haoleboy
    808haoleboy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I bought the P90x videos from them. They barely worked and BB wouldn't swap them. Kind of a bummer. I enjoyed P90x for awhile. You're not alone in them failing.
  • Truesmilez
    Truesmilez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I went out and bought a new DVD player --Sony hdmi and the DVD works perfectly. Both the replacement and original DVDs are working fine