38 lbs before and after- with pics!

Options
atynk
atynk Posts: 400 Member
So back in October 2009, my husband decided he wanted to "bulk up" for our new years trip to Dominican... well I figured I might as well try to lose 15 lbs myself so I joined a gym that focuses strictly on a 30 min kettlebell workout 6 days a week. I fell in love with the fact that it was always different and only 30 minuites, and also the fact that the weight just dropped off! Anyway.. after doing the kettlebell 6x a week for a month or so, I started adding in extra cardio. Now 8 months later I am down almost 40lbs and 10% body fat. I went from 190 to 152. I would like to go down to 145 but I am not even sure I have much body fat left lol... I am in the best shape of my life, and next month I am competing in my first half triathlon! I wanted to do something to prove how far I have come, instead of just saying I am a size 4 (although I am proud to say that too!)

Anyway, here is my starting photo as well as one from my most recent trip to Mexico in Feb when I was 163... I will have to post some of me now 10 lbs less! I am going to Florida in 3 weeks, so will def take new bikini pics!

Thanks for all your support!

Fall09022.jpg

33.jpg

21880_497550365709_568800709_113271.jpg

Replies

• atynk
    Options
    Ok i fixed it lol
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    So back in October 2009, my husband decided he wanted to "bulk up" for our new years trip to Dominican... well I figured I might as well try to lose 15 lbs myself so I joined a gym that focuses strictly on a 30 min kettlebell workout 6 days a week. I fell in love with the fact that it was always different and only 30 minuites, and also the fact that the weight just dropped off! Anyway.. after doing the kettlebell 6x a week for a month or so, I started adding in extra cardio. Now 8 months later I am down almost 40lbs and 10% body fat. I went from 190 to 152. I would like to go down to 145 but I am not even sure I have much body fat left lol... I am in the best shape of my life, and next month I am competing in my first half triathlon! I wanted to do something to prove how far I have come, instead of just saying I am a size 4 (although I am proud to say that too!)

Anyway, here is my starting photo as well as one from my most recent trip to Mexico in Feb when I was 163... I will have to post some of me now 10 lbs less! I am going to Florida in 3 weeks, so will def take new bikini pics!

Thanks for all your support!

Fall09022.jpg

33.jpg

21880_497550365709_568800709_113271.jpg
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    darn didn't work
    You have to change the IMG to img for it to post!

Good job by the way!
  • atynk
    Options
  • HalloweenMom
    Options
    GREAT JOB GIRLY GIRL!!! GREAT JOB!
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    wow you look amazing!!!!
  • izybalizy
    izybalizy Posts: 19
    Options
    You look great! Congrats
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome! Congrats!
  • Joscelle
    Joscelle Posts: 93
    Options
    That's so AWESOME! Congratulations!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, girl. I'm completely straight and am not afraid to say you are smokin' hot!!! Now I really wanna get me some kettlebells!!!!! :happy: I've got 40 total to lose and am only halfway...I can't wait to wear a bikini!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    You look amazing..great job!
    and I hope that guy staring at your booty is your hubby..LOL...(j/k)

great great work!
    Kim
  • atynk
    Options
    Arielle you totally just made me laugh! I actually think they have kettlebell dvds, some people have told me... I have really gotten into spinning classes, which I now cycle outside, and swimming again.. I hate running, but know I need to do it for the triathlon! I love getting these nice comments and can't wait to take my now body pics!
  • medtrans79
    medtrans79 Posts: 46
    Options
    You look AMAZING! I totally want to try kettlebells :happy: I have to say though that cake in your before picture looks pretty awesome (wait, that's probably why I'm on MFP :laugh: ) Seriously though you should be proud
  • yertle123
    yertle123 Posts: 7
    Options
    Wow! Great Job Sticking w/the program! Gives other incentive Thank you
  • queensara2478
    Options
    Wow girl you look AMAZING! I don't think you have any body fat left to lose either :smile: Keep up the great work! You have inspired me.
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    That is an amazing transformation, I bet you are well happy :laugh:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    You look great but I almost missed the point of the post. That cake looked amazing! :laugh: :blushing:
  • WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    Kettlebell has always looked "fun"....after reading your post....I went exploring. Found this easy at home. Probably basic compared to a class where an instructor is pushing you....but, tell us what you think for a "starter workout".

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/total-body-kettleball-workout
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    You look great! Way to go!
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Wow you're hot hot hot!! Awesome job!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!