If you could give one piece of advice, what would it be?

Options
WickedZoey
WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
For those of you who have a success story: If you could give one piece of advice to folks starting their journey, what would it be?

Replies

• MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP!! Acknowledge that there are going to be days when you don't feel like working out, or that piece of cake is just too tempting to walk away from ~ It's Ok, just get back on track and continue going. It's a weight loss JOURNEY - back to good health. You'll have days when it seems like nothing is changing, but when you look back (even a short time later), you'll begin to notice that you aren't as tired as you once were, or that you actually enjoy working out more than you thought you would ~ and hearing "Have you lost weight?" from people you haven't seen in awhile will make it all worthwhile. Also, take pictures at least once a month, you'll be amazed with the difference - it's too hard to see otherwise because the loss is so gradual.
  • Sethswife316
    Sethswife316 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the sugar
  • SALSACHICA1
    SALSACHICA1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am only harp on people about weight loss that I care about, so take it as a complement and join me!
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Great advice so far!!!!
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    FOCUS MORE ON DIET THEN WORKOUTS!

YOUR DIET IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS JOURNEY.

GOOD LUCK!
  • DiscoveringOptions
    DiscoveringOptions Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Control your portions and eat whole foods.
  • JonnyR214
    JonnyR214 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Never believe you cannot do something, your body is willing to do so much more than your mind is
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have a success story: If you could give one piece of advice to folks starting their journey, what would it be?

3 tips:

1. Consume less than your TDEE and you will lose weight
    2. Lift weight during your weight loss to protect as much muscle as you can
    3. IIFYM
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Starting is often the hardest bit. If you don't give up you never have to start over again
  • Divaslimm
    Divaslimm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Never believe you cannot do something, your body is willing to do so much more than your mind is

I love that Post ^^ I would just have to say know that you can do anything! yes its hard yes it is a Journy but you can do it :)
  • 22colin
    22colin Posts: 31
    Options
    Never eat anything larger than your head :noway:
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Weigh portions
  • _Fatty2Fitty_
    _Fatty2Fitty_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Although I cant say I am a success story, one thing I have learned is....love yourself no matter what your dress size!
  • sriley721
    sriley721 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    get rid of soda, even diet. Log everything. I learned that when I am out of control ( so I think) I tend to give up with the attitude of " i cant do this" " i will start over another day" but when I log everything I learned that its not hopeless and I can make up for damage done and save the day.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Eat less, exercise MORE!
  • countrygal02012
    countrygal02012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Don't eat nothing larger than your head.... too funny, thank you for the smile!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Log everything. Eve. Rey. Thing.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Start lifting now, no matter your goals. Compound barbell lifting designed to increase strength is the single best thing anyone starting to try to get in better shape can do.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Do not starve yourself. It's not necessary, and will probably end up hurting you in the long run.
  • luvya7sandra796
    luvya7sandra796 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    love this yes, I have done this and it true, you see a big difference! NO Sugar, in my coffee. I thought I was going to miss it and I don't!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!