For the newbies: here is what losing 85 pounds is like

Options

Replies

• Dort68
    Dort68 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! The goal of 85 pounds must have been overwhelming at first, but is such a great accomplishment - one of the best in your life, assumably. I have lost 10, and have 20 to go, and even that feels like a lot. But like you said, its all about attitude and I've become the biggest gym rat that I've never wanted to be, lol! I love the way I eat and I really love excersizing. The new attention doesn't hurt either. Thank you for posting this very honest post about your journey!! Do you have any pictures? Sending a friend request :)

Thank you and congrats on all your hard work. Yes, I have a few pics up on my profile, but this one is my fave:

155682_10151048833381227_1505681435_n_zps7efc601c-1_zps625e168d.jpg

What an amazing change you've made! I love love love this post you wrote--spot on!!
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This is great! One of the best things I've read on here, thanks!
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    ok amazing! Love it! I got to your 12 month spot in about the same time but I gained 20 back after that....boo. now I am back to probably the plateau part.....sucks...but I am not giving up. Love this. they should flag it and make every newbie read it first before they are allowed to post ANYTHING..LOL
  • swillybay
    swillybay Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is GREAT, and it's the same for everyone, I'm sure. I'm just trying to lose 15 lbs. and am basically having the same journey (except not dropping so many sizes). I love this - so important to keep in mind that it's a zigzag, not a slope. Thank you.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Bumping for inspiration when I need it!
  • emsoquena
    emsoquena Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Whew! Thanks for posting this.

Because for the past two weeks, I haven't been losing any weight. I'm stuck at 118 and I'm panicking because I'm eating less and I'm working out more. But since this seems to be normal, all my worries are somehow gone. I've only started less than two months ago. Heh. :happy:
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I just copypastad this into a notepad on my desktop and will be rereading weekly. Thank you for this.
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    :-)
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    bump to keep for a reminder when I need to kick my own butt for slacking
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Spot on and well written! :drinker: Got some great laughs relating to/resembling these stages. A few had me worried enough to ask on MFP! Especially the new clothes part! :laugh:
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS! It makes me so thankful that I have realized the error of my VLCD ways only 2months in, b/c hopefully that means a slightly steadier (if not necessarily faster) track to good health & a beautiful body I can be proud of!! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • msdeb424
    msdeb424 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed to read today! :flowerforyou:
  • Skyegonestrong11
    Skyegonestrong11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So glad I read this! After the first month I already feel like a failure. It's good to know this is just part of it now. Thanks! :]
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Love this thank you I'm at month 10 and can relate to everything. Thank you for sharing your story with struggles and success.
  • mrsfabbanks
    mrsfabbanks Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This is a great post, and I needed it.

• moonstoneme96
    moonstoneme96 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You are awesome :) love the post
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    That was an awesome read.
  • moosefacedgoose
    moosefacedgoose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This motivates me to keep at it, I'm in for the long haul
  • Jsphine
    Jsphine Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely right about the month 1 & 2, I can attest! :bigsmile:
  • bigmamabird
    bigmamabird Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That was great! Thanks for taking the time to write that. Love Month 12!