T.H.E Team Starting fresh wk5

Options
"You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance."

Week 5 for T.H.E team here. We're starting fresh every week. We keep working hard to get where we want to be. Loosing weight and getting in shape is not a diet. Here we come to terms with that. It's a lifestyle change. One that we take day by day. We set small goals that can be accomplished and when we meet them we feel proud and we support one another. We allow ourselves to "mess" up. That's life. We as humans make mistakes. Our new threads usually start on Tuesdays. We check in on Fridays and through out the weekend we can talk about our losses or our gains. Tell us why you loss, or why you gained. Let us support you, as we support each other. We laugh, and we joke around but we're always there. Some of the best support that I have in my life is from the girls in this group.

This is how we check in...

Remember you don't have to check in until Friday unless your check in day is different and you want to share on a different day, that's completely fine.

This is our check in results from this past Friday.
Copy the list while adding yourself to the bottom.

jjtonic75 sw 206.8 gw 155.0 cw 164.4 gained .2
egam ? Not weighing in this week
Losingit4good SW 224.4 GW 200 CW 221.8. Loss this week... 2.6lbs
Bridgete SW 222 GW 160 CW 214 loss this week 1 lb
nitag SW 230/ GW 145/ CW 204 loss of 1 lb
ragarza1 SW-160/GW-135/CW-156.5 lost 1.5 happy

sw=starting weight
gw=goal weight
cw=current weight
+ or - for the week.

New members are welcome as are old members. I post the link to the new thread every Tuesday on Facebook. So if you have it and want a reminder let me know and I'll add you. Lot of us communicate on FB also.

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Ready for a new week. :bigsmile:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I'm completely back where I started, for those of you who remember me from last year. Sigh. Stress eating, and went thru a lot of stress last year. Right now I'm not weighing myself (yet) but I am working on making healthy eating choices. I was planning on hitting the gym but I broke my foot so that's out for at least a month yet, until I can walk on it. But I am going to go back. It was "so easy" the first time, in a sense, because I was doing things I'd never done before thanks to MFP teaching me the "right" way to diet - which is really just changing your eating habits and realizing what goes in and what needs to be worked off. I see Nitag's MFP thing daily when she logs and so every day I'm reminded, and every day I cheer her on.

So although I'm not doing the weigh-ins until I can hit the gym again and see real progress, I will log my goals here. My goals are to make healthy eating choices , not to stress eat or if I absolutely feel I have to, then to stress eat with healthy fruits and vegetables instead of junk. I'm in a household of boys, one teen, and we have tons of junk food . That's life, filled with temptations. This time though instead of clearing the house out of junk food, since I haven't been snacking on the kids' stuff anyway but getting my own (or buying them stuff I'm not that fond of, like Doritos, which they love and I don't) is I have my own "junk food" pile - crispy things like flavored rice cakes, or vegs and fruit, that type of thing. And the kids' stuff I do buy is the prepackaged (expensive) stuff, so that if I do grab some - it's only a serving, I don't have to count chips or weigh it or whatever.

And for those of you who don't know me, I'm Kelli, lost nearly 50 pounds last yr between Jan and May, had lost 30 previous to that, and gained back almost the whole 50 after a very stressful summer. I have 3 boys, aged 4, 6 1/2, 7, and a 15 yr old exchange student, and am married. I'm a stay at home mom, which is probably the biggest reason I can gain weight and eat so poorly - I don't have a regular routine like if you go to work, etc.

Thanks pawprint for keeping up with me. Anyone wants to add me on Facebook I'm Kelli Denman.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Kelli-I am so glad you are back and ready to make the changes needed fo a healthy lifestyle. You know how to do it, so it is just getting back into that routine. Question for you, can you swim? Maybe you can at least do exercises in the pool, since that should not have any weight on your foot. Only a thought.
    I wish you the best of luck in your lifestyle change to a happier and healthier you. :bigsmile:
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    yay Kelli... we've missed you so so much. I'm so glad to hear from you. It's been awhile. I'm sorry to hear about your foot. Take it easy and let it heal right. My mom went through that and she had to have her foot rebroken years later.... horrible. How are the kids doing? Hang in there... you will get to be where you want just don't give up. ..
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Yay... Kelli your back.... We missed you.. LOL I see you everyday on Facebook.. he he... Kelli, I don't know if you read on facebook, but I am not working anymore.. I don't know when or if I will go back to work, but I understand the challenges of being home and wanting to eat.. I am just trying to stay busy and I keep water next to me all the time.. If I am hungry I swig on that jug lol... Going to the gym has helped a lot...

Kelly thanks for the start to the new thread.. what would we do without you... ???

Well this week has been okay.. I just got back from the gym and had a great one hr workout... Looking forward to tomorrow's workout..

Jennifer thanks so much for your encouragement, it really helps..

Where the heck is everyone else..??
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Your welcome.... I love doing them. Sometimes though I'm so busy that I forget. Working my job and working on the horse farm is really taking up time and energy. Usually on night that Jason is off though. He works third shifts so when he's off we try and do things together with friends and what not.

We have a 75 Corvette that we are working on and now a horse trailer that we are working on converting over to a ATV trailer. Lots of work... plus getting ready for the upcoming shows....

I'm staying active though. That's what counts right now....

Where is everyone else?????
  • Buttonnose
    Buttonnose Posts: 76
    Options
    Hey Everyone. Hope all is well with you all.
    Me been away for a bit...and probably will continue to pop in and out. But just wanted to let you all know I am working hard here at getting fit. Take a look at my ticker...it will show you. I am so happy...going down down down. I should mention that I actually have lost 10 lbs not 6 like my ticker will show as after putting in my starter weight here I went up another 4 lbs. But have lost that plus another 6. Feeling great and this time I CAN DO IT. Another 50 lbs to go. Woohoo....I will do this.

Anyways, life is pretty much the same here. Told Kelly I would stop in and say hello and check in on you all. Welcome back Adopt4. I know what you mean about stress.

If no one minds I have a small quote that was sent to me and it is so true...so going to post it here.

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're
    interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When
    you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results."
    - Kenneth Blanchard

Yes my facebook friends you did see me post this on Facebook...but wanted to share it with those who are not my facebook friends as well.

I am committed to getting fit and healthy. Looking forward to be successful.

Take care,

Hugs to you all

Button
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Hey Everyone. Hope all is well with you all.
    Me been away for a bit...and probably will continue to pop in and out. But just wanted to let you all know I am working hard here at getting fit. Take a look at my ticker...it will show you. I am so happy...going down down down. I should mention that I actually have lost 10 lbs not 6 like my ticker will show as after putting in my starter weight here I went up another 4 lbs. But have lost that plus another 6. Feeling great and this time I CAN DO IT. Another 50 lbs to go. Woohoo....I will do this.

Anyways, life is pretty much the same here. Told Kelly I would stop in and say hello and check in on you all. Welcome back Adopt4. I know what you mean about stress.

If no one minds I have a small quote that was sent to me and it is so true...so going to post it here.

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're
    interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When
    you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results."
    - Kenneth Blanchard

Yes my facebook friends you did see me post this on Facebook...but wanted to share it with those who are not my facebook friends as well.

I am committed to getting fit and healthy. Looking forward to be successful.

Take care,

Hugs to you all

Button

So glad to have you back. Happy to hear about your loss. That's awesome. And yes, you can do it.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Well this week has been okay.. I just got back from the gym and had a great one hr workout... Looking forward to tomorrow's workout..

Jennifer thanks so much for your encouragement, it really helps..

Where the heck is everyone else..??

How are you doing? Keeping up with your workouts??? :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Your welcome.... I love doing them. Sometimes though I'm so busy that I forget. Working my job and working on the horse farm is really taking up time and energy. Usually on night that Jason is off though. He works third shifts so when he's off we try and do things together with friends and what not.

We have a 75 Corvette that we are working on and now a horse trailer that we are working on converting over to a ATV trailer. Lots of work... plus getting ready for the upcoming shows....

I'm staying active though. That's what counts right now....

Where is everyone else?????

I am jealous. I use to be a horsey person, but then I moved away from home. My mom still has a couple of our horses. One not ridable any longer. I believe she is in her early 30's (seriously). I don't get to go to her house very often, so I would have to say it has been years since I have ridden. I use to show when I was in High School and I miss it terribly. I was actually a National Champion the last year I rode. Not no more. :sad: Just talking about horses makes me happy. It was like therapy for me, if I had a bad day, I knew my horse would be there for me and listen to all my problems. Oh, those were the days. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Button-Congrats on the weight loss, that is amazing. You are right, YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Keep up the great work. Thank you for sharing the quote, it is so true. :bigsmile:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    So sorry I kinda fell off the thread this week but I have have been being VERY good and keeping myself extremely busy. I have been working out, eating right and working on a new blog about freebies and saving money on groceries.

I dropped hubby at the airport on Monday and hit the gym Monday evening. I wogged for 1/2 and hour and did 1 hour of water aerobics afterwards. Tuesday was a non-gym day for me cuz I had the little kids here all day, but I managed to still get alot of stuff done around the house. Wednesday I hit the gym too but my phone was dead so I forgot to log my exercise... LOL... In fact, I dont think Ive logged my exercise all week so I'll go do that after Im finished posting. Today since our weather was decent I went for a nice walk and tomorrow I am planning on doing the wogging and water aerobics again. I did manage to run a full 1/2 mile all at once while I was there. Was pretty surprised with myself, but then again... ya dont know until you try!!!

I have a friend that invited me to come do a run/bike mud race with her in October. I'll explain more later. I told her I would see where I am now and work twards the goal and let her know if I think I can get ready by then. I think having the goal will keep me motivated to work out.... not just to lose the weight (cuz that will come with the eating better) but to get in shape and be healthier.

My eating has been awesome again all week. I think I finally got a good grip on it now. Its easier than I was making it out to be, I just needed to make better choices. I dont eat out and I dont make excuses. There is junk food in my house, but i just dont even want it and even my kids arent eating it so Im sure it will be around for quite a while unless I give it to someone else! The kids are loving the food I make for dinner. They werent sure what to do with it at first, but now they are really enjoying it. I also know that come tomorrow morning for weigh in I will see the results I want and it is SO worth it to me to NOT eat the crap food. :0) And YES, I have been drinking my water alllllllllllllllll weeeeekkkkk longgggggg.. :0)

Nitag, If you go to my profile, you should be able to see my blog posts from there for my shopping list and my food journal is public if you would like to see how Im eating. I also posted the recipes on facebook, but if you find something in particular that you have a question... shoot me a message or give me a call. I gave you my number right?? LOL If not its on my FB profile for friends to see. Feel free to give me a call anytime!!

Hubby will be home tomorrow. Im almost wishing he wasnt.. LOL... I actually had time to get some stuff done this week that I wanted to do! But, I do miss him!

Welcome back Adopt4...sorry to hear about your foot.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I did manage to run a full 1/2 mile all at once while I was there. Was pretty surprised with myself, but then again... ya dont know until you try!!!

I have a friend that invited me to come do a run/bike mud race with her in October. I'll explain more later. I told her I would see where I am now and work twards the goal and let her know if I think I can get ready by then. I think having the goal will keep me motivated to work out.... not just to lose the weight (cuz that will come with the eating better) but to get in shape and be healthier.

Great job on the 1/2 mile. I am very excited for you. Keep up the great work. Good job also on eating healthier and the kids actually enjoying it as well. :bigsmile:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Thanks JJ!

I noticed a big difference on the treadmill this week. I was running pretty slow last week but this week decided to shorten my time and crank up the speed. Its challenging for sure, but its good because it gives me something to work at without getting bored. :0)

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement!
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    egam sw 205; gw 185; cw 199 gain 2 pounds
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Thanks JJ!

I noticed a big difference on the treadmill this week. I was running pretty slow last week but this week decided to shorten my time and crank up the speed. Its challenging for sure, but its good because it gives me something to work at without getting bored. :0)

Have you tried doing intervals? Like 2 min brisk walk, 1 min nice easy wog, 30 sec sprint, then repeat. Any Type of interval to really keep your heart rate up. You will be amazed how much you will progress from interval training. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    jjtonic75 sw 206.8 gw 155.0 cw 160.6 loss of 3.80

Okay, technically this is a loss from last Friday's weigh-in of 164.4, but a gain for Monday's weigh-in of 158.2, because I did a cleanse over the weekend. I am trying to accept this, since it is rather difficult to maintain a cleanse weigh-in.

Egam-Hang in there it will get easier.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone. :bigsmile:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    jjtonic75 sw 206.8 gw 155.0 cw 160.6 loss of 3.80
    nitag SW 230/ GW 145/ CW 203 = loss of 1 lb

Not the number I was hoping for but I will take it..

I thought today was going to be my rest day however my trainer called and she has a 9 am opening and wanted me to come in and do legs... SO even though I am already showered I thought what the heck.. So off to the gym....

I will take off tomorrow and Sunday...

Happy Friday all...

NIta
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Not the number I was hoping for but I will take it..

I thought today was going to be my rest day however my trainer called and she has a 9 am opening and wanted me to come in and do legs... SO even though I am already showered I thought what the heck.. So off to the gym....

I will take off tomorrow and Sunday...

Happy Friday all...

NIta

Congrats on the loss. That is awesome. Keep up the great work.

I hope you enjoyed legs today. That is one of my favorite parts to work. :bigsmile:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Thanks JJ!

Have you tried doing intervals? Like 2 min brisk walk, 1 min nice easy wog, 30 sec sprint, then repeat. Any Type of interval to really keep your heart rate up. You will be amazed how much you will progress from interval training. :bigsmile:
    [/quote]

when I say wogging I mean intervals of walking & jogging, so been doing that. But adding the sprints in this past week has kicked my butt in gear! What motivated me into it was watching Ashley from biggest loser RUN at a 9 pace....heck Im at a 5 when Im jogging. Pushing it faster is definitly doable. I can feel the sprints in my abs already..lol