T.H.E Team Starting fresh wk5

Options

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    WHERE IS EVERYBODY??? :bigsmile:

Don't forget why you are doing this. If you need motivation look in the mirror and tell yourself that you can do this.

Here is a post from Tony Horton, the creator of Power 90 and P90X.

Here's a question people ask me: "I'm finding that my exercise routine is very intense and I'm seeing the benefits on day 1, so what can I do to stay motivated and keep going?"

Most folks struggle with motivation every day. I'm one of them. Motivation can be broken down into a few subcategories. My fifth Law of Health and Fitness is "Loving It." Progress and motivation are possible if you look forward to your workouts. They have to be challenging and interesting to you. If you despise them before you start them, you're not going to survive them for very long. If your reasons why are meaningful to you, then staying motivated is easier. I'm always promoting health, fitness, quality of life, and feeling good as reasons to get and stay motivated. Not to say that a person's goal to lose weight or fit into smaller clothes isn't motivating—it's just that when these goals are obtained then new ones need to come into play.

When the numbers on your scale and measuring tape are low enough to make you happy then it's important to start to explore some new numbers. I'm talking about numbers that relate to ability, improvement, and achievement. Your physical appearance will improve at a more rapid rate if you can start to exercise with your focus on power, speed, and strength. This mind set applies to both men and women. This means that your motivation comes from your desire to "Bring It" during exercise at home and out in the world. Let your P90X® or Power 90® workouts trigger something new and bigger than anything you've done before. For me it's skiing and gymnastics. For you it could be anything that pushes you beyond the confines of repeating the same workouts the same way, day after day.
  • ragarza1
    ragarza1 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm still here! just working on some of the next phases in my life such as school and moving while attempting this whole "eat clean" deal i was reading about in oxygen mag made me rethink some of the things i was eating :indifferent: i can for sure say that my eating habits have been affecting the family in some way since they eat what i eat basically unless they decide to cook...which is rare...and since i've cut back A LOT on the fast food its been pretty good all around for the family as a whole. consuming more veggies whether we want to or not :bigsmile: :bigsmile: luckily my lil girl loves veggies, not so much the dad and lil boy:noway: :noway: but they are at least trying for me...now if only i could find a better way to kick myself in the butt and work out more than 2 or 3 times a week....I'd be golden...*sigh* at least i'm working out at all. I just gotta keep telling myself babysteps, i'm not who i was 6-7 years ago less careless more concious not everything can be created in a day, the perfect "me" (at least the happier me) will take time. at least my energy levels have improved and i can play with my kids for longer than a couple of minutes before getting winded so i know i've been doing something right so far!:bigsmile: ok i'm done with my rambling hope everyone has had a great week.
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Well...went hiking yesterday at a park... I also carried my two year old daughter most of the way.... she is about 25 pounds.... Carried her maybe almost two hours.... she didn't feel well... has teeth coming in. Today I pushed her two and a half miles.... in 50 minutes I might add. Been doing ok with eating. I'm not eating a whole lot right now... usually when it gets warm and I get active my body literally shuts off the hunger notification. My body does not like food when I get hot... I'm still eating just not snacking a whole lot, or eating as big of meals as I usually do.

I don't have a whole lot to say right now... baby is up and not happy.... so off I go to check on her...

Just thought I would check in...
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    I GOT A JOB!!! Which was my major stressor for the last couple weeks. Rejection after rejection makes it really hard to stay motivated. Especially when it comes at a time when my usual schedule completely dissolved. I've always used food as an emotional blanket, bingeing and purging, so my main focus has been staying strong. I didn't really succeed as much as I would have like, but all things considered, I did a lot better than I have in the past. With this job, I now feel like getting back on track, or a faster track, is going to be a little easier. Now that I know what to expect from my week and what I need to accomplish, I feel I can focus more on myself and my weight goals. Good Luck on the scale tomorrow ladies! I hope everyone's hard work is paying off!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Wow, Im such a slacker!!!

I havent logged my food or exercise all week, but I DID get it in so I am looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. I guess it will either be a loss or a reality check... LOL

Thanks for hunting me down Anita... :0) You are awesome! Sorry I havent been here much this week but it has been crazy nuts here. My oldest daughter is doing her District track races this week. You would think that since the oldest can drive I might be able to catch a break, but they wont let her drive to and from these particular races so I have to wait for hours for her TEAM to finish racing before we can leave. Then my youngest is doing practices for Drill team so she can participate in 2 big upcoming parades in our area. I have to pick her up and bring her home, just to bring her back to the school for an hour so she can practice for an hour. It makes no sense how they schedule these things.. LOL Its not like the kids even have time to eat or do homework in between. You'd think they could keep them another hour and call it good but I guess they don't care how much gas I burn.. :laugh: :angry:

Anyway...HOPEFULLY things will slow down a little next week. Between all the running children and getting my grocery deals... I HAVE been good with eating. I know I havent logged but I have been really good about watching what I eat and how much. I ate dairy queen on Tuesday, otherwise... Ive been behaving! I hit the gym 3 days this week and went for a nice walk with my friend yesterday. The weather here has been AMAZING the past couple days so Ive been getting in LOADS of sunshine Vitamins!

See ya in the AM for weigh in!!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    have to say that I had a pretty good weekend. I got to finally meet my nephew who is only 2 months old. Spend some time with my father and his wife. Then I had lunch yesterday with my momma before my 5 hour trip home. We went to Olive Garden, boy was it good. We even had dessert. Wow, now that was good. A chocolate mousse pie. It melted in our mouth. We did at least share it. I also did not eat everything on my plate, even though I probably could. LOL So, yesterday was my big cheat day and not another one like that for at least another month.

Oh yea, my 5k. Now, that was the most awesome thing ever. I ran it in 33:31 at a 10:48 min mile pace. I am absolutely in shock of those numbers. My first 5k I did in about 42:00 some mins. So, I improved by at least 8 mins. For me that is fantastic!!! At mile 2 my time was 23: plus and I thought, well that sucks. So I pushed myself to go faster and I couldn't believe how well it felt. When I saw the finish line coming up, I actually sprinted to the finish. It was such an amazing rush, I started crying.

Of course, I now want to beat that time. So starting next week I will start training for my half marathon and do a couple 5, 8 and 10k's during training to keep me motivated. I am so ready to do this and get better at it. A year and a half ago I would not have ever thought that I would be running. I am so proud of myself. It is the most amazing thing to me to be motivated to continue to run and want to push harder and do better at it. My life has totally changed since lossing this weight and using Beachbody products and just having the ambition to keep going. I think till the day I die I will be working out and sweating. I couldn't imagine not doing this for myself.

I can't wait to get home tonite and workout. I am doing BBL this week with some strength training. Looking forward to a better shaped bootie. LOL

Have a great week everyone. :bigsmile:

JJ.... Congratulations on your 5k!!!!! It sounds like you really enjoyed it!! Thank you for sharing the experience because I reallllly want to do this one day myself. My oldest ran her 2 mile district race yesterday for track and finished it in 11:40..... a 32 second PR for her and now she will get her 2nd scholarship for college because she beat the goal that the college coach wanted her to. Tomorrow she has her 1 mile race and we will see how that goes. She really wants to go to regionals again since its her senior year. Anyways... I am sooooo incredibly proud of her..... and OF YOU for reaching for those goals and sticking with it to the end!! Im so happy it was a rewarding experience for you and wish you luck with improving on your time in the future

:drinker: !
  • Iffer75
    Options
    jjtonic75-sw 206.8 gw 155.0 cw 159.4 Lost 1.2 pounds WHOOOHOOO!!!

I will come back in in a little bit and respond to everyone's posts. Have a great morning. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I'm still here! just working on some of the next phases in my life such as school and moving while attempting this whole "eat clean" deal i was reading about in oxygen mag made me rethink some of the things i was eating :indifferent: i can for sure say that my eating habits have been affecting the family in some way since they eat what i eat basically unless they decide to cook...which is rare...and since i've cut back A LOT on the fast food its been pretty good all around for the family as a whole. consuming more veggies whether we want to or not :bigsmile: :bigsmile: luckily my lil girl loves veggies, not so much the dad and lil boy:noway: :noway: but they are at least trying for me...now if only i could find a better way to kick myself in the butt and work out more than 2 or 3 times a week....I'd be golden...*sigh* at least i'm working out at all. I just gotta keep telling myself babysteps, i'm not who i was 6-7 years ago less careless more concious not everything can be created in a day, the perfect "me" (at least the happier me) will take time. at least my energy levels have improved and i can play with my kids for longer than a couple of minutes before getting winded so i know i've been doing something right so far!:bigsmile: ok i'm done with my rambling hope everyone has had a great week.

Good to hear that your famiy is somewhat supportive of your new menu for them. You are right, change is a hard thing to handle, but you are doing a good job.

With your exercise try to mix of your workouts to keep you interested. Try to shoot for 3-5 times a week. I know you are doing better now, but just think of the advantage of being in better shape to run after your children. Here are a couple links to a couple great workout programs you may like. Watch them and at the end of the day I will check in with you to see if they might of any interest to you. Anyone else who wants to look at them feel free. Let me know if you have any questions after viewing them.

http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/jjtonic75?bctid=1803292125

http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/jjtonic75?bctid=45346531001
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I GOT A JOB!!! Which was my major stressor for the last couple weeks. Rejection after rejection makes it really hard to stay motivated. Especially when it comes at a time when my usual schedule completely dissolved. I've always used food as an emotional blanket, bingeing and purging, so my main focus has been staying strong. I didn't really succeed as much as I would have like, but all things considered, I did a lot better than I have in the past. With this job, I now feel like getting back on track, or a faster track, is going to be a little easier. Now that I know what to expect from my week and what I need to accomplish, I feel I can focus more on myself and my weight goals. Good Luck on the scale tomorrow ladies! I hope everyone's hard work is paying off!

Congrats on the job. I know that is such a relief for you.

It sounds like you have been keeping on track. Keep up the great work. Have a beautiful weekend. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Wow, Im such a slacker!!!

I havent logged my food or exercise all week, but I DID get it in so I am looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. I guess it will either be a loss or a reality check... LOL

Anyway...HOPEFULLY things will slow down a little next week. Between all the running children and getting my grocery deals... I HAVE been good with eating. I know I havent logged but I have been really good about watching what I eat and how much. I ate dairy queen on Tuesday, otherwise... Ive been behaving! I hit the gym 3 days this week and went for a nice walk with my friend yesterday. The weather here has been AMAZING the past couple days so Ive been getting in LOADS of sunshine Vitamins!

At least you are nw more conscious of your eating and exercise. That is one battle won. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    JJ.... Congratulations on your 5k!!!!! It sounds like you really enjoyed it!! Thank you for sharing the experience because I reallllly want to do this one day myself. My oldest ran her 2 mile district race yesterday for track and finished it in 11:40..... a 32 second PR for her and now she will get her 2nd scholarship for college because she beat the goal that the college coach wanted her to. Tomorrow she has her 1 mile race and we will see how that goes. She really wants to go to regionals again since its her senior year. Anyways... I am sooooo incredibly proud of her..... and OF YOU for reaching for those goals and sticking with it to the end!! Im so happy it was a rewarding experience for you and wish you luck with improving on your time in the future

:drinker: !

Thank you so much and congrats to your daughter, that is fantastic. I wish her all the best of luck. :bigsmile:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Pawrpint-sw168 gw115 cw134.4 Lost one pound

I've been weighing in around 135.5 so now that I've dropped a whole pound I recorded it. I was at 135 for the longest but with TOM I went up a little and now that it's gone and with all the walking I'm down more. So I thought I should go ahead and record it.

Way to go JJ on your loss.
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    egam - sw 205 gw 185 cw 198 Lost one pound YAY!
  • pawprint061
    Options

Way to go on your loss. Way to go one the new job also.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Ok...Need some help. My daughter's two year birthday is coming up. It's June 4th. Now... I want to get a few more inches off my tummy.... that's my goal date. I've been slacking in the sit up area... here's my question... should I be doing sets, or should i just lay down and go until I can't do any more? I've been doing like 40-60 at a time along with reverse crunches. But I've also been doing twists on the balance ball which really helped, but I no longer have the ball so I'm down to the floor.... I am trying to work on my back also because it get sore easily with sit ups... Should I be focusing on a number, or should I just go until I can't do any more? I want to lose inches.... I don't care about a six pack... I walk like crazy during the day, so I'm losing inches off my legs and lower areas, I just need some advice on my tummy. I've already gone from an XL to in some brands a medium... in shirt size. I've lost almost 7 inches off my tummy area.... and that's not even correct because I waited so long to measure my body.... but anyways... I'm doing something right it's just taking a long time ( a year)

Ideas?
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options

Congrats ladies on you losses way to go!!

Egam-Congrats on the job!! Your so right that can be a stressful time glad you were able to handle this time around better...
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Ok...Need some help. My daughter's two year birthday is coming up. It's June 4th. Now... I want to get a few more inches off my tummy.... that's my goal date. I've been slacking in the sit up area... here's my question... should I be doing sets, or should i just lay down and go until I can't do any more? I've been doing like 40-60 at a time along with reverse crunches. But I've also been doing twists on the balance ball which really helped, but I no longer have the ball so I'm down to the floor.... I am trying to work on my back also because it get sore easily with sit ups... Should I be focusing on a number, or should I just go until I can't do any more? I want to lose inches.... I don't care about a six pack... I walk like crazy during the day, so I'm losing inches off my legs and lower areas, I just need some advice on my tummy. I've already gone from an XL to in some brands a medium... in shirt size. I've lost almost 7 inches off my tummy area.... and that's not even correct because I waited so long to measure my body.... but anyways... I'm doing something right it's just taking a long time ( a year)

Ideas?

I was told a while ago that abs are made in the kitchen so continue to eat clean and drink plenty of water. As far as crunches get creative do more than just your ordinary crunches. Try doing planks and hold til you drop time yourself and each time try to go longer maybe like 3 times a day. Also even though you don't have a ball you can sit in V-position on the floor and do your twist with your feet elevated and slightly leaning back balanced on your butt. Use a hand weight or can whatever you may have and you can do 3 sets of 25. Crunches 50 of regular, reverse, and double crunch. Hope this help just know once something has worked for a while you have to change it up body gets comfortable once its use to a routine. So you have to shake it up and keep it guessing you will get better results.
  • Buttonnose
    Buttonnose Posts: 76
    Options
    Buttonnose - sw 204 gw 145 cw 189.6 Lost two pounds this week. Woohoo

Hey everyone

How's it going. Hope all is well with everyone.
    I am doing great lately with my weight loss, and so happy with it.
    Having a bit of a set back though. The last couple of days have been dizzy a lot. Went and seen doctor yesterday and he thinks I have a virus in my inner ear. Sending me for test though to check my sugar, potassium, sodium etc etc since I am losing weight he wants to make sure that is all okay and not the reason.
    But he said my one ear is quite congested and has also put me on some medicines for Meniere's Disease which is a type of Vertigo. If that is what it is - it explains a lot. Just hope it kicks in soon so I can get up and move about without feeling like I am going to topple over. Second day now in a row that I have really not done any exercise and starting to upset me as I had myself in such a good routine.

Anyways, such as life...I will not stop - once this settle's out...kick myself back into high gear to get moving again.

Well that's it for me. I know I didn't copy and paste the weekly weight loss thing correctly please forgive me...forget how to do that and also just not able to focus for too long.

Talk to you all later.

Button

PS How does one change the starting weight...as mine is incorrect. It still shows my starting weight as of last year...but I went up from that.
  • Iffer75
    Options

Way to go girls. That is AWESOME!!!! Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options

Ideas?

Honestly? There is not a specific way to work on only one area at a time. It does sound like you are doing a good job so far. If you really want to work on that area, try some pilates or even yoga. They will help strengthen your core. Also remember that it takes time. You can do as many situps as you want, but your body will get adjusted to you doing that all the time to lose in that area and then it will just stop working for you. Find a way to change things up with that area of your body. Find some fun workout DVD's that have you dancing and using your core. Core Rhythms is a great DVD workout. You might enjoy. That is just my 2 cents on it.

Have a great weekend. :bigsmile: