A Cleanse that my Aunt sent me

Options

Replies

• Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Why? Helluva way to clean out the fridge.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    You may like to try this type of approach..moderate deficit of calories and get in some exercise...or go with passing out...? Woot?
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    I'm sorry your aunt doesn't like you. :flowerforyou:

There are many successful people on MFP who have lost weight and kept it off without following such malarkey. Just check out the success stories section of the site. Many who are generally friendly and can provide you with solid information to help you along the way. Drop one of them a note if you can. :smile:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Why doesn't your aunt like you?

This. She must hate you.
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    This sounds terrible. Anything that makes you "You will be irritable and exhausted by the third day" is really not something I or anyone should want to try.

QFT!!!!!

There are so many things in life that you cannot control, that will cause you to be irritable and exhausted. So why would anyone do this voluntarily?
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    WHY would you do this?
    Especially when you'll just end up gorging after a few days.
    And ironically, if you make it to the end? You'll still go back to whatever you were doing before.
    Asinine.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Days 1-3, fast. Drink lots of water, water with lemon, herbal tea (caffeine free), diluted non-citrus fruit juice (I like grape and cranberry. They taste the best watered down. 1/2 juice 1/2 water).
    Avoid stressful situations and strenuous exercise. I eat dinner on the third day due to passing out one time. You will be irritable and exhausted by the third day.

WHY would you put yourself through this?!? :huh:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    OMG! NO, just no!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    what they said ^^
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    Cleanse
    Days 1-3, fast. Drink lots of water, water with lemon, herbal tea (caffeine free), diluted non-citrus fruit juice (I like grape and cranberry. They taste the best watered down. 1/2 juice 1/2 water).
    Avoid stressful situations and strenuous exercise. I eat dinner on the third day due to passing out one time. You will be irritable and exhausted by the third day.

:noway: That's just scary!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You'll feel awful by the 3rd day and you passed out one time???

WOW I can see why you'd want to do this again, sounds AMAZING!!!

:noway:
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Sounds torturous
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    No thanks, babe. I'm just doing fine!
  • chingyland
    chingyland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have tried the Dr Oz cleanse and really enjoyed it. You're not starving yourself, just putting good things into your body and flushing out the bad. I definitely recommend it! Your aunt's detox sounds terrible! :noway:

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-3-day-detox-cleanse-one-sheet
  • zeta30
    zeta30 Posts: 40
    Options
    Why do people think they need to do cleanses? Your body naturally cleanses toxins out of your system through your liver and kidneys.

A friend is doing one right now where he is going for 10 days with only having honey, lemon water and cayenne pepper. He says it's supposed to make him feel better when he's done. He was unable to answer a simple question regarding this theory:

If someone is punching you in the stomach repeatedly you will start to feel better when they stop right? So does that mean getting punched in the stomach is good for you and makes you feel better?

The point is, when you do these cleanses it makes you feel horrible because you are starving your body of much needed nutrients. When you start eating again of course you're going to feel better, not because of the cleanse but because you are no longer punishing your body.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins as part of your regular eating plan. Aim for a small calorie deficit.
    Drink water.
    Exercise (cardio AND strength training)
    Repeat.

The only reason I can see to fast would be if you need to get bloodwork. Or prior to surgery. Or, some people do it for religious reasons. And yes, I know some people do intermittent fasting, but that's a slightly different method. I can't see any reason to set yourself up to be irritable and nearly pass out! :)
  • floshideaway
    floshideaway Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Horrible horrible plan. The end result will be vitamin deficiency and I can guaranty the weight will come right back as soon as you start eating sensibly. Crash dieting, that's what it is only works for a short time. For lifelong result you need a lifelong plan. Eat in a way that you know you can follow for the rest of your life. Portion control IS THE KEY.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I just want to ask how the 4th is the middle of a month?

The rest is just ... I dunno, asking to go to the ER because you've passed out or jail because murdered somebody in a hangry rage.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have tried the Dr Oz cleanse and really enjoyed it. You're not starving yourself, just putting good things into your body and flushing out the bad. I definitely recommend it! Your aunt's detox sounds terrible! :noway:

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-3-day-detox-cleanse-one-sheet

Swap one ill-advised cleanse for another? Hmmmmmmm. Where's the protein? Where's the balance of food to get all the nutrients you need? Oh, but if Dr Oz endorses it then it must be okay!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Wow....no. I didn't get to be where I am today by doing cleanses
This discussion has been closed.