A Cleanse that my Aunt sent me

Options

Replies

• SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Annnnnnndddddd... I've just realised the OP is new, has nothing on their profile and is starting a thread that is bound to get people heated. I smell a t...................
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner on the third day due to passing out one time. You will be irritable and exhausted by the third day.

Sounds great, sign me up! :noway:
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    cleanse_zpsb70a6f05.jpg
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Double check the date heading on the day she sent it. Bet it was April 1.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    A friend is doing one right now where he is going for 10 days with only having honey, lemon water and cayenne pepper. He says it's supposed to make him feel better when he's done.

The benefits of that "cleanse" happen on, or around, day four: the benefits typically being a very "good scrubbing out" of the bowel. I know a few people who have done it, and all have said the same thing. The stories are pretty gross.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I just want to ask how the 4th is the middle of a month?

Not the beginning, not the end ... what's the big long stretch in the middle? The middle, I guess. But that's unsatisfactory. I agree.
    The rest is just ... I dunno, asking to go to the ER because you've passed out or jail because murdered somebody in a hangry rage.

I shall be using the word "hangry" at least twice a day from now until I die. Thanks.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Double check the date heading on the day she sent it. Bet it was April 1.

No, I already check that it is the 4th, which still isn't the middle of the month.
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed that people think this works

Because it does work.

You will probably lose quite a bit of weight doing this and you will feel lighter, cleaner and less bloated. It's completely natural - you're barely eating.

Doesn't mean it's the most healthy way to go about doing it, but it probably does work.

As for detox or not detox I think that is up to each person. A detox wont kill a person the way a binge wont kill a person. If someone feels better about themselves doing the occasional detox I don't see why they shouldn't. I would probably do research and build my own rather than follow a premade detox though.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    10ydm5f.gif
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Did by chance your aunt send this on April 1st? That's the only way this makes any kind of sense.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    10ydm5f.gif

LMAO
  • tomijz
    tomijz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have done brief juice fast to "detox" with no ill effects... I felt fine. I could work out... sweating was part of the detox plan. Go ahead but I agree this does NOT sound healthy so what is the point? If you trying to determine ill effects from food then this could make sense. For weight loss it will only be temporary. Does not sound worth the effort to me.
  • chingyland
    chingyland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have tried the Dr Oz cleanse and really enjoyed it. You're not starving yourself, just putting good things into your body and flushing out the bad. I definitely recommend it! Your aunt's detox sounds terrible! :noway:

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-3-day-detox-cleanse-one-sheet

Swap one ill-advised cleanse for another? Hmmmmmmm. Where's the protein? Where's the balance of food to get all the nutrients you need? Oh, but if Dr Oz endorses it then it must be okay!

The protein comes from the almond milk, almond butter, flax seed, spinach, kale, and avocado. And as a vegetarian, I think that this menu is completely balanced. Should there be some meat in there?

You should really try not to be so condescending, there is a polite way to disagree. But I guess its easy to be harsh towards people when you're hiding behind a computer screen.
  • tomijz
    tomijz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    good response!
  • FranksRumHam
    Options
    I have done brief juice fast to "detox" with no ill effects... I felt fine. I could work out... sweating was part of the detox plan. Go ahead but I agree this does NOT sound healthy so what is the point? If you trying to determine ill effects from food then this could make sense. For weight loss it will only be temporary. Does not sound worth the effort to me.

the sweat was your body crying because you werent giving it food.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Annnnnnndddddd... I've just realised the OP is new, has nothing on their profile and is starting a thread that is bound to get people heated. I smell a t...................

232323232%7Ffp543%3B4%3Evq%3D4742%3E2%3B4%3E734%3EWSNRCG%3D3647%3A55%3B96349vq0mrj

I finished it for you :wink:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Sweat is fear leaving the body! :wink:
  • annerbzonum
    annerbzonum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly I don't really think any of you are in a position to tell me whether or not my aunt loves me :/ She does this cleanse once a year, feels great afterwards and in case you didn't pay attention, that was her personal experience with it. I know people who fast all the time with no problems and this is just one of many. I didn't realize that MFP was really just other people trolling the ideas that people put out there.
  • FranksRumHam
    Options

Sweat is fear leaving the body! :wink:

no, farts are fear. trust me...im afraid of everything.
  • FranksRumHam
    Options
    Quite frankly I don't really think any of you are in a position to tell me whether or not my aunt loves me :/ She does this cleanse once a year, feels great afterwards and in case you didn't pay attention, that was her personal experience with it. I know people who fast all the time with no problems and this is just one of many. I didn't realize that MFP was really just other people trolling the ideas that people put out there.

youre new. welcome to mfp, and the internet.

do a quick search for the term "cleanse" and do some quality reading. may explain some things.

good luck in your journey.

(where's lea?)
This discussion has been closed.