Quest Bars

Options
Are they really healthy????

JUST KIDDING :laugh:

I'm loving me some Clif bars at the moment but I'm not impressed with the macros or the satiety factor. Since i can't just pop over to the store and try a Quest bar I figured I would ask if they are any good.... So... Are they?

Replies

• Elias1877
    Options
    they taste good. so yes?
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    they taste good. so yes?

I meant to type.... "Are they yummy?" Thanks!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    They taste like poison to me. Like.. really disgusting.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Love cliff bars, white chocolate macadamia nut and usually my treat for the day ;) I never go over on my salt so this is my guilty pleasure with protein..
  • baker150
    baker150 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    YES! They are delicious and super filling! Just not the lemon creme pie one :P
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I love quest bars. I stick to the lower calorie ones (160-170 calories) instead of the ones in the 200s. My favorites are Strawberry Cheesecake and Cinnamon Roll. I also have Banana Nut Muffin (despite my love of bananas, this is my least favorite), Apple Pie and Chocolate Brownie. Chocolate brownie is the closest texture to the other protein bars I've tried in the past.
  • cupcake4u49
    cupcake4u49 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I LOVE QUEST BARS!! They take maybe two to get used to but after that you are hooked. My favorites are choc chip cookie dough (microwave it for 15 second - heaven!), chocolate brownie and coconut cashew. I tried banana nut and apple pie I didn't really like those. If you don't like them right away give them a second chance - nutritionally they are the best protein bars out there and at 170 calories you can't really go wrong!
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    They get expensive though if you get addicted like me so be careful.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    They are fantastic. I eat them --all flavors. GNC has buy 3 get one free. Its really the only one I eat regularly. You are right, most bars have terrible ingredients- and the sugar!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

I think that is the first negative thing I've heard said about quest bars. Never tried them myself, but I was considering buying some.
  • cayadear
    cayadear Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Almond.
    Just.
    Delicious, delicious vanilla almond.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I think that is the first negative thing I've heard said about quest bars. Never tried them myself, but I was considering buying some.

They're sweetened with Stevia.

I just don't understand how people can consume Stevia. I tried it once on purpose in coffee and literally gagged. I bought a case of Quest bars, choked two down, and gave the rest away. I accidentally purchased a protein powder flavored with Stevia and thought it had gone bad.

Maybe I'm just weird. It literally tastes like poison.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I bought the peanut butter chocolate quest bars and REALLY loved them...

Then I bought a few boxes of other flavors and they are still sitting in my cupboards because theyre just GROSS.

I would only recommend the PB chocolate flavor.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    After reading all the glowing, positive reviews of Quest bars I bought 3 flavors to try. I couldn't spit the Apple Pie flavor out of my mouth fast enough, the chocolate brownie one tasted like tootsie roll but the consistency of shoe rubber, and the chocolate peanut butter was about the same as the choc. brownie. Wasted over $8 to find out Quest Bars are horrific.
  • cupcake4u49
    cupcake4u49 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a $10 off coupon for iHerb - they sell boxes of Quest and have free shipping! The code is DMJ717 - yes I do get rewards when people use my code - not going to lie! But it's a win win right??
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Some people can really taste the bad part of stevia. It's unfortunate for them.

The only way I can tolerate a Quest Bar is by microwaving it for about 10 seconds and eating it immediately. The macros look nice on them, but they definitely aren't good. Some are less horrible than others. You can always order a variety pack from their website.
  • kbitikofer
    kbitikofer Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i really like the quest bars. i love cliff bars but the sugar content is really high in them. the quest bars are very low in sugar.
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Jelly are my favorite. Try them slightly heated in the microwave. It helps with all the chewiness.
  • sarahmaedzz
    sarahmaedzz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with Cliff bars but the sugar content is outrageous! I tried Quest bars and they're just too tough and gross for my liking.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Absolutely LOVE Quest bars! Cinnamon Roll being my favourite so far, Mother...also divided into my stash (I'm hiding things in more places since then) and loved both cinnamon roll as well as choc PB and aske dme to buy her a box of the choc PB flavor - so far so good!