Male opinions please...

Options
RedHotHunter
RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
Hi all
Yeah so when I'm not busy flirting I'm usually kinda private. However, today I need some advice/insight into the male brain and MFP brains are the best to pick So here's my story.

I have chatted a bit with a guy on POF. We realized that we went to the same gym. I also got the impression he was interested in meeting me but we hadnt gotten around to it yet. Well, tonight I saw him at the gym. I sent him a message to make him aware that I was in the building. After a few minutes he gave me the hello nod and tiny wave from a distance of 30-40 feet (he was lifting, I was stepping). After about another 20 minutes, I was near done with my workout and thought I'd go say hello. When I looked around though, I didnt see him. So I sent another message, "hey I was gonna come say hello, but I've lost you in the crowd." I got a message back that said "I left. lol"

So my first thought was "wow! I can take that as a hint!"
Then I wondered if he was trying to be polite and not embarrass me by saying hello while I was all sweaty.

So guys... Your thoughts please.
Was I dissed or what?

Replies

• TattednPierced
    Options
    That's a tough one, since there are different types of guys.
    I wouldn't say he "dissed" you.. More or less he might have been busy, in a hurry, or just plain shy.
    That being said, he could also be one of those guys that want the other person to start the conversation. You might have just been a little late.
    The world may never know.
  • markdavy1982
    markdavy1982 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Chances are other people in the gym know his gf.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    ask him
  • terrygran
    terrygran Posts: 43
    Options
    Dissed. If he was interested he would come and at least say hello.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    ask him
  • RedHotHunter
    Options

Ha ha. Cynical but certainly could be true. :tongue:

"ask him" Good advice. Just thought I'd ask some opinions first. I'm a pretty confident and straight forward person. It's not too often that I'm at a loss for words, but today left me a bit confused.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Use a corny pick up line!! I love those :flowerforyou:
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    rSHntpm.jpg
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

LOL there you go!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Use a corny pick up line!! I love those :flowerforyou:
    Hey is that a banana in your pants or are you happy to see me?
  • mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Read nothing into a text message. Just get on with it and get on with it. Most of us way over think text messages and that get's you nowhere. Just be yourself and if the interest is there it will happen.
  • 22colin
    22colin Posts: 31
    Options
    high likelihood he's shy - don't give up yet.
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Be careful asking him... Could come across clingy... But most likely he didn't want u to see him all sweaty
  • RedHotHunter
    Options
    rSHntpm.jpg

OMG. :laugh: Not all that helpful at the moment but I'll save that for later for sure!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Next time go say hello. Kind of tough to know what he really thinks without talking to him. Then again, he might be like me and just can't get a read when a woman likes him. He might just be as confused as you are.

Or maybe he was just into working out and had to go. Or maybe he got a little freaked out about the whole deal. I say don't pester him and let him get back to you when or if he decides to. And if you see him in person again, just do the polite nod and move on. If he really wanted to get to know you (or/and doesn't have a wife/gf)..then he'll contact you.
  • RedHotHunter
    Options
    Hmmm, you all have very valid points. This dating crap is hard LOL
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Did you reply to that text?

And I agree with Joy_Joy...if he is interested, he will contact you.
  • RedHotHunter
    Options
    Did you reply to that text?

And I agree with Joy_Joy...if he is interested, he will contact you.

I didnt reply yet because I really didnt know what to say. I felt dissed but didnt want to assume something negative. I love what JoyJoy said also. I'm hoping to get more feedback from guys on the topic also.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    ... But most likely he didn't want u to see him all sweaty

I thought we were talking about a guy.