Fake support!?

Options
Trueray
Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
Why do people say "great diary" or "good job" when I am 1000+ calories over my daily limit. Their is nothing great about that and it frustrates me that people will give me that false sense of motivation. It is not making me or other people any better, the truth is what helps people be aware of their mistakes and helps them grow. So stop the madness and just be honest or don't respond at all. Agree or disagree?

Replies

• Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I used to get a bunch of "good jobs" when I was 'under' my goal but my macros we're messed up. I don't get it either.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have to agree. If someone goes that far over, I might say, "Dont worry, tomorrow is another day." or, if they were expecting to go over (a party or big night out), I tell them their food looks yummy and hope they had a great time.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I don't comment on other peoples diaries, makes that easy enough. I may look to get ideas but what you eat is your choice.
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I only comment on a food/exercise diary if I actually look at it and it looks healthy... which doesn't happen often, but does occasionally. You never know when you're writing "hey great job staying under" and the person ate like 800 calories that day. Then you look like a jerk.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    True story is that your profile pic is smoking hot! As for the fake support. I see a lot of that. I tend to comment on friends diary's when I really think they did a good job. If not, I skip over, tell them they need to eat more or tell them that tomorrow is a new day with new choices to be made.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I stopped commenting on friends diaries because some people don't want hear the truth if they are starving themselves so it's rare if I do now.
  • Trueray
    Options
    Truestory is that your profile pic is smoking hot! As for the fake support. I see a lot of that. I tend to comment on friends diary's when I really think they did a good job. If not, I skip over, tell them they need to eat more or tell them that tomorrow is a new day with new choices to be made.

Thanks thats me.
  • Trueray
    Options
    I stopped commenting on friends diaries because some people don't want hear the truth if they are starving themselves so it's rare if I do now.

I might need to start doing this more.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

I wont comment on anyone's diary that has too low a calorie consumption. And if a person's diary isn't open, I just say I hope they had a good day.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I rarely comment unless I feel concerned by how little they ate or they ate something that sounds awesome and I feel I should talk about how great said food is.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    it would help me if people were blunt and honest. Everyone is too nice to me!

Ditto I like honesty, one of my friends went 1200 over sodium.. I told them they had a great calorie day but to watch out for the sodium it will make them bloat. So good with bad :) I am a tough lover kinda person. You either want it, or not at all!
  • bekah818
    bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I posted something very similar to this a few days ago. I feel like the comments tend to be generic. I have some greats friends that give constructive feedback but other than I find that what you say is true.
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Why do people say "great diary" or "good job" when I am 1000+ calories over my daily limit. Their is nothing great about that and it frustrates me that people will give me that false sense of motivation. It is not making me or other people any better, the truth is what helps people be aware of their mistakes and helps them grow. So stop the madness and just be honest or don't respond at all. Agree or disagree?

I hear ya bro. for sure agree
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I say "good logging" because it is important to log even when you are over and I'm not faking it.
  • Trueray
    Options
    I say "good logging" because it is important to log even when you are over and I'm not faking it.

I understand good logging and i agree with you
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Disagree.

Make a thread, ask for honest people who spend their life on the computer to add you. Now you have a babysitter(s). Problem solved.

Trust me, I guarantee you that if I added you and told you that your day sucked, you would have a e-cow and delete me. Guarantee it. A lot of people on here don't like hearing the truth and would rather folks encourage them than remind them that they are doing poorly. I say do what I suggested or get over it. You should be happy any one is even bothering to acknowledge you daily.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Also to go further, if I do actually get the time to comment and say "good day" "great logging" etc, it's because I saw you tried. What is the big deal in someone doing that?
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    some ppl take cheat days so i dont wanna be mean when its on purpose. it does hAppen. i cheat my *kitten* off when i can lol
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I don't comment or look often at diaries. Most of my friends are doing great...although a couple of them seem to never eat a vegetable...we do support each other, just not about what everyones eating every day.
  • Txracy
    Txracy Posts: 78
    Options
    LOL, my friends are honest with me! They tell me cut the cookies, add fresh fruit, and gave me some ideas on what I could do to up my protein intake without eating an entire cow.

I keep my friend circle small though, so it's easier for us to actually check each others' diaries, and see their workouts etc.