• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Amen
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    For me it's simple:
    Don't have an open diary for me to see and it says under, I don't comment.
    Don't have an open diary for me to see and it doesn't say under, I don't comment.
    Have an open diary and you go over with lots of junkie foods, I don't comment.
    Have an open diary and you are under, but eat crappy foods, I don't comment.
    Have an open diary and you are under or just a reasonable amount over and eat healthy, I say kick *kitten* and stuff like that :)

I guess for some it's just about calories, but for me it's about being healthy and keeping things in moderation and balance!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    People don't look at your diary they just comment so that it seems like they actually care and you won't delete them due to inactivity.
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I say "good logging" because it is important to log even when you are over and I'm not faking it.

That's a good one, guess I could say that for the occasional slip ups :)
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Honestly I really do not comment much and I don't really like getting comments.
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I try to just give helpful hints. So if they had a dish that was heavy on the calories/fat/sodium, I would tell them ways to tweak it to make it lighter, healthier, etc...I don't comment that often anymore on diaries and only when I feel like I have something "real" to contribute...
  • FitGuyWillDoIt
    FitGuyWillDoIt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I give honest support. I do give props when things are good and encouragement when they are not. I just try to help people back up.
    I'd never tell people "great job" if it's not deserved. I do tell people that tomorrow is another day and encourage them to kick butt. As for me, I don't publish my diary.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    People don't look at your diary they just comment so that it seems like they actually care and you won't delete them due to inactivity.

Truth be told!
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Fake support reminds me of the people in the elevator who just HAVE to say something. " Man this weather is cold huh?"
    I mean WTF? OBVIOUSLY its cold, we JUST walked inside together.
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I usually comment if the food sounds healthy/delicious and within calories/macros. I admit I mainly look at diaries to steal meal ideas.....I'm bad.
  • splitdog79
    splitdog79 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I look at the menu before I comment each time, but I don't usually factor in specific macros because it just seems like a lot of folks don't care to pay them any mind. If they're cool with that, it's none of my business to call them out on it.

That being said, if I have a particularly bad day with sodium or sugar I'll usually post something about how and why and what/if I might have learned that day.

It would bother me if someone commented on my being under my allowance some day and I'd had 1,700 calories worth of snickers bars that day.
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Well some don't eat enough. when they go over that 1200 it's always a good job :(.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Some people think that being under your calorie goal is good.
    But, yeah some people just mindlessly write good job - the same thing over.
    I tend to vary it and observe patterns of a mutual mfp friend.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I just degrade and belittle all of my friends no matter what their diary says.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I just degrade and belittle all of my friends no matter what their diary says.

You know we like it like that ;)

But seriously OP...

You could just delete them, ignore them, or send them a private message asking their reasoning.

It's not really such a big deal, honestly. It's a lot better than ranting in the public forum. Now I'm sure you'll get loads of support now. [/sarcasm]
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Fake support reminds me of the people in the elevator who just HAVE to say something. " Man this weather is cold huh?"
    I mean WTF? OBVIOUSLY its cold, we JUST walked inside together.

They could be socially awkward and attempting to try to make friends *shrug*.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I don't comment on other people's diaries. Mine is open, but I don't have the time to scrutinize what others eat. Nor do I care. We are all adults here.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Terrible post OP! Wtg!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Maybe they're just applauding your honesty BRO.

Y U MAD @ STRANGERS?
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a "good job" when someone completes a diary is just what they need. Look for the positive in the response.