Tell me your best Vacation spot / experience and why?

2»

Replies

• catfan
    catfan Posts: 90 Member
    I love Edisto Island, SC...Its not developed, so peaceful and a beach that doesnt have thousands of teenagers on it! Most people ride bikes around the island and you feel like your in your own little world. Great place for families that want to enjoy each others company and dont need constant entertainment. Plus its really affordable!
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Oh I forgot Perth, Australia! Probably my favourite place. Great weather for most of the year! We took the ferry out to Rottnest island for the day and paddled around in the beautiful absolutely crystal clear water. There are lots of woods and beaches to explore but it's not a huge island - very walkable. We didn't see a quokka but Rottnest island is the only place these cute little marsupials still exist. Loved it!
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    I love MFP....you guys are just so precious and informative.... Thanks for all the insight....I am about to turn my work out routine and bike riding up a notch....I need to complete my goal and my honey is going to treat me/us on a fab vaca for all my efforts and to have a nice piece of arm candy...... I tellya, reading you alls post temporaily took me away on vacation....thanks for the visuals.....lol
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Manhattan in New York was my favorite. The atmosphere was simply amazing!

Barcelona in Spain also has a really electric atmosphere and chilling out in the central square is pretty cool :smile:

Helsinki is a weird place but I enjoyed it there. Everyone (and I really mean everyone) speaks English and you can see the Russian influence everywhere. The town is small but it's really quaint.

Alicante is spain is also a really nice place to visit and the beach just goes on forever. Very clean and the restaurants are really good.

Paris was also another really nice place and i you can get off the beaten track you can find some real gems of places.

I work in London and it really is a cool place to visit. Again the atmosphere is amazing and when you stand under big ben you can really feel the power of the place.

I did London (Just looking around), Paris (Paris Air Show) and New York (NY for Christmas shopping) last year so 2009 was AMAZING for me :wink:

They are my favorites... Wow, I travel a lot :laugh:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    I would tell you go to the U.S.Virgin Islands:glasses: … because that’s where I’m from (St. Croix) …lol…but St. Thomas is where you need to be… St. Thomas is a water lover’s paradise. For your vacation plan a few beach days, snorkeling, scuba diving, windsurfing, a day charter, kite boarding, sailing, fishing, kayaking and parasailing. On land you can play a round of golf, take an island tour, check out some attractions, take in the historical sites downtown and do some shopping. In the evening you can hit happy hour at a bar or restaurant, catch some live music and have dinner with a sublime view….the island food is off the hook!!!

‘The Wall’, if you are a diver you have likely heard of it! St. Croix is well known for wonderful dive opportunities. If you aren’t a diver you can take introductory classes while on vacation. Additional water sports your vacation to St. Croix might include are snorkeling, kayaking, fishing and boating. On land you can plan a game of golf, take an island tour, explore scenic forests by jeep, enjoy jazz at outdoor concerts, shop, dine, catch a crab race at a local bar, or a horse race at the track.

You can fly directly to St. Croix, it has an airport. Taking a daytrip or better yet an overnight visit to St. Croix from St. Thomas is made possible by regular interisland air service and a ferry...St. John is home to the Virgin Islands National Park which protects over 7000 acres of the 12,500 acre island. It offers visitors a unique opportunity to enjoy and appreciate the beautiful natural resources of the island. You can stay in an eco-friendly cabin or at a campground. At a beautiful resort or in villas and vacation rentals that range from quaint to super luxurious.

The resorts, vacation villas and homes for the 4000+ residents are found largely in and close to Cruz Bay and Coral Bay. Cruz Bay is the main town on St. John. It is the location of the ferry dock which connects St. John to St. Thomas. Cruz Bay has shops, grocery stores, a post office, schools, and so on. The second largest developed area Coral Bay also has restaurants, grocery stores and other businesses that cater to residents and visitors.

Everyone is on "island time"... no worries,,, irie!!!:drinker:

http://www.vinow.com/info/reviews.php

Happy Travels ;-)

I LOVE ST. CROIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been there 3 times. My FIL owns 2 condos and I love it!!!!!!!!
  • Haven't been out of the country but twice. That was Bahamas and Mexico and enjoyed them both. But, I'd have to say I enjoyed Las Vegas immensely. Went with my sisters and niece and had a ball. If you go there, you have GOT to check out the fountains in front of the Belagio. OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Maui, Hawaii! We stayed there for 1 week of our 2 week honeymoon and loved it. if you want to relax and do fun things like surf, swim with sharks or dolphins, snorkel etc
  • BADGIRLstl
    Maui, Hawaii! We stayed there for 1 week of our 2 week honeymoon and loved it. if you want to relax and do fun things like surf, swim with sharks or dolphins, snorkel etc
    I was with you until you said...swim with sharks....Whew, I'm too much of a punk for that...but I guess I can omit that out of the plans.....LOL
  • BADGIRLstl
    Haven't been out of the country but twice. That was Bahamas and Mexico and enjoyed them both. But, I'd have to say I enjoyed Las Vegas immensely. Went with my sisters and niece and had a ball. If you go there, you have GOT to check out the fountains in front of the Belagio. OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!
    Awesome...yes Vegas is one of the places I really want to visit......
This discussion has been closed.