Replies

• Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I like the Oikos fruit on the bottom.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    oikos plain only! I dislike Chobani because I think it tastes like sour milk. And I only eat plain because the others are too sweet. I do put stevia in it though every time. Love greek yogurt!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Which one is on sale?
  • DocGilbs
    DocGilbs Posts: 4
    Options
    Chobani is best if you want to just have a yogurt snack. But as far as substituting greek yogurt in your cooking, I would stick with Oikos. Chobani is too creamy to work well as a substitute in my opinion. As a snack though it's high calorie and lacking good nutirition. I wouldn't consume more than one cup a day, and I would watch your protein intake. I try to limit my meats, so greek yogurt is always on my shopping list, but it's my naughty diet food.
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Neither, anymore. Recent convert to Liberte Greek..............love, love , love their lemon!!!!
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I like both
    OIKOS Pomegranate, Black Cherry & Pineapple are my LOVES right now
    CHOBANI I'm hooked on the Blueberry
    NOM!!!
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I really like the Kroger brand! They're less sweet than Chobani. I usually get the plain, but I've tried a lot of the other flavors (strawberry, blueberry, vanilla, lemon, pomegranate) and haven't had one I didn't like yet!

I do eat Chobani as well though because my husband likes them and we get them in bulk at Sam's Club. Sometimes I'll mix it with some plain to cut the sweetness.
  • mdizzle99
    mdizzle99 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Neither for my wife and me. We stick to Kirkland Plain Greek Yogurt. It costs less then Fage but has a similar taste and great nutrition facts. I'll often mash some fresh berries and mix it with this yogurt. This was actually my breakfast this morning...strawberries and kirkland greek yogurt.
  • misskgb
    misskgb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Chobani Pineapple has been my favorite yogurt for years...but the other day, I had Noosa Honey. Sorry, Chobani! I'm in love.

THIS!! OMG, Noosa and I have a love affair...I could eat that yogurt every meal. I love to buy local and that's the excuse I use to pay a little more for this dream yogurt.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Neither - Fage Full Fat. Why? Because it's thicker and adding 1 tablespoon of Jello cheesecake mix turns it exactly into cheesecake filling. I've tried fat-free and 2% varieties of Oikos, Voskos, Chobani and Fage - but the full-fat produces the better cheesecake filling thanks to the fat content which gives it that fluffy texture.

Sounds yummy! I will have to try this but with the 0% plain! Thanks for the tip!
  • tallulahthunderbird
    tallulahthunderbird Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Chobani for me, the Oikos is a bit heavier on my stomach.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I have texture issues so Chobani is out for me...it's too much like cottage cheese and has a sour cream type taste to it. I really like the Oikos because it has a great flavor to it and is creamy, which I don't get from Chobani. I've heard good things about Fage but haven't tried it yet.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Whatever's on sale for $1 each that week, lol.
    ^^This.

I personally think the store brand (I shop at Ginat), tastes sooo much better than Chobani
    peach_zpsd277eb2a.jpg
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Chobani with fruit on the bottom-I like Oikos, but Chobani has more and better flavors in my opinion, and they also make those flip things which I love sometimes having.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Are Oikos and Fage similar? I don't mind the sourness of yogurt but my mom dislikes it greatly so I'm looking for a healthy, not sour, sweet style yogurt for her. What would you recommend - the Oikos or Fage? Neither?

Monica
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Chobani with passionfruit on the bottom! One of my favorites!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Neither - Fage Full Fat. Why? Because it's thicker and adding 1 tablespoon of Jello cheesecake mix turns it exactly into cheesecake filling. I've tried fat-free and 2% varieties of Oikos, Voskos, Chobani and Fage - but the full-fat produces the better cheesecake filling thanks to the fat content which gives it that fluffy texture.

Sounds yummy! I will have to try this but with the 0% plain! Thanks for the tip!
    0% produces the least cheesecake-like fluffiness because of its lack of fat. You'd have to add a ton of Jello cheesecake pudding mix to make up for it. I look at it as a 200 calorie meal, not a snack.
  • errorika
    errorika Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Tried both, hated both. Love Noosa, though.

All the other greek yogurt I've tried tastes like sour cream but has a gritty texture. Noosa is amazing.
  • DBubbs
    DBubbs Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Neither, anymore. Recent convert to Liberte Greek..............love, love , love their lemon!!!!

Isn't it fantastic?! It's one of my faves, I love their blackberry flavor too.
  • ihazaflavor222
    ihazaflavor222 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Definitely Fage, much, much tastier!