61 pounds since 21 Jan 2013

Options
124»

Replies

• mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are doing it right, eating healthy foods, enough to satisfy your body and going from way too many to the right amount of calories and exercising.

Congrats!!!

Yes I get those questions from family when I lost almost 70lbs, they started judging, but I am in a family of very inactive and very unhealthy eating people so my husband and I are the abnormalities in our family.

It's not a big secret, eat right, get your butt moving and most people will loose weight. Not mass amounts for everyone but you will loose something and will feel better.

Congrats!
  • EmmaJackson130
    EmmaJackson130 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! I started on Jan 1st 2013 and have lost 44lbs so you are beating me!! WTG!
  • gonzamm
    gonzamm Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Very inspiring ...now to get my husband on board with MFP. I know it would do him good. I am following my calorie plan to the best I know how and am showing results. I believe in time he will realize it will help him also. Even though we cook together and make healthier choices; he tends to eat a little bit more than he should. How do I get him to come on board? Any suggestions?
  • gonzamm
    gonzamm Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Emmajackson 13: Your amazing also. Don't forget men somehow lose faster than women. Congrats ... you are doing an awesome job!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Whoa! That's a fast loss! Great job!
  • The_Transforming_Journey
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Congrats! :smile:
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congrats and I get a kick how people are posting "oh my how'd you do that so quickly, aren't you being safe etc.." now forgive me for saying this but you were a big man. More weight you have to lose (not want to lose lol) more will come off and you're a guy, testosterone. Also 3500 calories down to 1500 with exercise... will make a big difference...

Congrats again and good luck on continuing your amazing journey!!

I love this! You are forgiven because I was beyond "a big man". I'm a big man now, before I was VERY LARGE! LOL:happy:
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! What a great accomplishment!! :)
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love to hear success stories like this! Keep up the good work!!
  • DankaCibulka
    DankaCibulka Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    awesome:)
  • KaraStack2013
    KaraStack2013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great job- amazing pics- keep it up!!- seems like what you are doing is workin!!!
  • jets79tone
    jets79tone Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job Man!!! Congrats!!
  • Robbiegoose
    Options
    thats awesome.... good job
    :smile:
  • PosterGuy1
    PosterGuy1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations!

My only question is, 1.2 lbs per day for months....is that safe?

I know generally a pound a week is recommended, but you are losing at 7-8 times that!

Either way, amazing job! Keep it up but do it healthily!

I know there are a lot of different chain of thoughts. I feel like I'm eating fine, I haven't deprived myself of anything, I've limited my calories to 1500-1700 a day and am not going around hungry all the time. I have busted my *kitten* working out and I don't eat back my exercise calories since I am trying to lose weight. When I am in maintenance mode, then I will eat back calories. Safe? I believe so, and it has to be safer than being 342 lbs and eating over 3500 calories a day sitting on the couch!

Congratualions.

I began my journey on 1/1, and I weighed 420.2 pounds. I've lost 69 pounds since then. I eat about 1,400 calories a day. I also don't feel like I'm depreving myself. I have not started exercising yet.
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Getting started on the exercising was probably the hardest part. I have a bad knee, Doc says it will have to be replaced soon. So I figured maybe I would use my Wii to work out, the kicker was I had to lose 17 pounds before I could even get on the Wii because the Wii balance board has a 325 pound limit!! My exercise sessions in the beginning, although pretty tame, kicked my *kitten* and a 20 minute exercises session would take me about 60 clock minutes to complete! It was bad, but no matter what, every week, I would make it harder, either by going to to the next level of the exercises or adding something new. The Wii has given me plenty of options and I have been able to design workouts that don't kill my knee.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!