GAINED 10 POUNDS IN 1 DAY! :(

Options

Replies

• bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    How much water in 10 pounds?

About 1.25 gallons. Water weighs 8.33 lb/gallon.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    You ate like a bazillion pounds of sodium... what the hell did you think was going to happen?
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    yep, i agree with what everyone else it saying... and sorrrrry to be crude, but you probably just need to take a big poop...
  • Bighiker2
    Bighiker2 Posts: 100
    Options
    Never weigh yourself the morning after what I would respectfully call a binge. Get back on track and wait 3-4 days before your next weigh in. =)
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    1lb of fat is 3500 cals, so 10lbs is 35,000 cals.
    You did not eat 35,000 cals yesterday.
    You did eat a lot of sodium, so your body retained a lot of water.

On a regular basis I can walk into the gym, weigh myself, workout, weigh myself and find I have gained several pounds....It is all the water I am sucking down between sets.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Clothes weigh a lot. If you were wearing boots and coat, tht's 7 lbs right there.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Oh please...you didn't gain 10 Lbs of fat overnight...it is scientifically and mathematically pretty much impossible. To gain 1 Lb of fat you have to have 3,500 calories over MAINTENANCE. For me, maintenance is around 2,450 calories...to gain 10 Lbs of fat I'd have to consume 37,450 calories. You had a lot of sodium and a lot of carbs...those things = a lot of water retention.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    This is where you need to take a deep breath and recognize the difference between Weight Gain and Water Weight. If you ate a lot of Salty snacks, you are most likely retaining water due to the sodium. There is 3,500 calories in one pound. That means you would have had to eat 35,000 calories in one day to gain 10 pounds. I would imagine that would be damn near impossible without getting physically ill.

It is important to research and educate yourself during your lifestyle change. It's minor things like this that add unnecessary stress that could potentially derail you.
  • StephConey
    Options
    I would attrubute that to clothing, unreleased excrement, water weight, and food still in your intestines. Of course, you didn't exactly eat well, either. Just go back to eating properly and your weight should go back down. Don't panic. :-)
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    THAT IS AWESOME!!!!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    doubt it very much..i ate like crap yesterday too, and it was only over a pound..even last summer when i was on vacay for a week, and ate EVERYTHING i wanted, i only gained 5 pounds..unless you swallowed a baby whole, or poured salt down your throat, i wouldnt be so upset
  • tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    about five litres
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    You totally gained 10lbs. Don't believe all these other people. Starve yourself for the next three days, pray to the moon, stand on your head, drink mustard water and hope for the best.

Mustard water? Wouldn't she be better off with that Master Cleanse mixture?

Oh, you're so right. Maybe some raspberry ketones and green tea extract to top it off.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    Ummm. Geez.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Did your diet include a liberal sprinkling of stones? 10lbs in fat or water is an awful lot for one day maybe you misread your scale on one of the 2 days.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I just laugh at this post and keep moving on to the next
  • nskerr
    nskerr Posts: 91
    Options
    2 things. That is a bunch or crap in one day. Are you watching your carbs? I say this because years ago I was doing Atkins and was shedding pounds like crazy but that was because I basically eliminated carbs. I went to a party and said F it, I am enjoying myself. Gin and Tonics, chips, bread and tons of other carbs and I gained like 7-8lbs in one day. My body regulated back after a few but I was pissed after killing myself to keep shedding weight to see such a spike.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    no this is not a joke im like crying so much right now....

so yesterday i weighed myself in the morning and in weighed 120 i was so happy...but for some reason i ate really bad i gad

130 cal pack of nilla waefers
    2 large mcdonalds fries
    one reg mcflurry (oreo)
    one small strawberry shake
    a thick slice of banana bread
    a BIG cinnamon roll
    a slice of pizza with stuffed crust cheese
    some tyson chicken nuggets

I dont know why i ate all that!!!! But im so mad at myself and when i weighed myswlf this morning i was 130 how did i gain 10 pounds):

1) terrible choice

2) betcha it fluctuates back down once you poop that **** out.
  • susanprows
    susanprows Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Do all the things the others suggested and then do a serious check under the hood. Something's broken!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    10 pounds is 35,000 calories. If you honestly think you ate 35 THOUSAND nutritional calories, I have some prime oceanside property to sell you in Arizona.

And that's 35,000 calories that was not burned off by normal bodily processes (breathing, digestion, pumping blood, etc.) or any activity. I mean, even walking to the car to drive to McDonald's burns some calories.