No more wheat - for me

Options
124»

Replies

• moonpie1a
    moonpie1a Posts: 1
    Options
    I gave up gluten/wheat a while ago and noticed a dramatic and positive difference, been slowly cutting it out and have been doing well until this weekend, did a very big charity walk-26 miles and have ended up just loading up on carbs with gluten/wheat in inevitably, end of third day of eating like this and feel v sluggish, tired, bloated and generally annoyed at myself for pigging out so much!!! back to cutting it out on Monday and sticking to it this time.
  • minimoneybox
    Options
    I your comments very helpful and taken up your advise! Thank you very much for your help.
    Andrea.
  • minimoneybox
    Options
    :smooched:
    I your comments very helpful and taken up your advise! Thank you very much for your help.
    Andrea.
  • NaturallyandProperly
    NaturallyandProperly Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Crazy, I too was having neck rashes and they are gone now. :)
  • minimoneybox
    Options
    Hi ya, are you feeling better too? I'm also finding my face seems clear and clean.
  • Kestrel45
    Kestrel45 Posts: 133
    Options
    Since I started cutting out wheat about 3 weeks ago, I feel so much better. I feel more energized, I'm losing weight and my skin has never been better. most of my acne is gone. Although I've also started eating healthier in general, I believe not eating wheat was a big part in it. That's my story :)

*Also, I know my ticker says 0 lbs lost but I only got a scale last week! ^_^
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating anything that is not white bread. No whole wheat breads,pasta no rye bread. It all gave me awful stomach aches. I allow myself one knot roll challah roll from the store for breakfast and fit it into my calories. The whole wheat killed my stomach and now I feel amazing.
  • emboslice94
    emboslice94 Posts: 60
    Options
    I went gluten free out of choice and I don't regret it. I eat it maybe once a week though but that's about it.

It's hard at first, but gradually it gets really easy! There are so many gluten free products out there, and if you're trying to eat clean, your new staples are quinoa, oats and rice products which are surprisingly delicious!
    Let me know if you need any recipe ideas or meal ideas to keep things interesting, it's a little challenging at first but gradually it's easy and you feel great and it becomes easy.