I sweat a lot when I workout...DO YOU?

Options
13»

Replies

• angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    The part I hate most about working out is NOT the sore muscles or the amount of time I dedicate to working out. What I hate the MOST is getting all sweaty. This is really funny and I think about it alot, but I am very claustrophobic. I can't wear high necklines, even a tshirt has me feeling stressed and if I try on a turtleneck.............terrible. So back to the sweating, Summertime workouts make me feel a little panicked from being coated in sweat and I either curtail my workouts or have to buy a swimming pass to swim laps. (That water doesn't bother me, unless my head goes under suddenly) :grumble:
    I am a total mess since Jillian has been making me sweat buckets!! :laugh:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this thread :laugh:

I have been increasing my workouts considerably over the last few weeks and where I only used to head sweat I now leave the gym soaked. I used to be able to put my running gear straight into the washing basket...now I have to let them dry off first :laugh:

I don't feel like I've really pushed myself unless I have the sweat marks all the way down the front AND back of my t-shirt :laugh:

Me too!!!! It's pretty gross. On days I shower at the gym, I'll get home and have a gym bag full of wet clothes. ICK.

I, too, get VERY red. It used to just be my face but I've noticed in the last few months since working a lot harder, my arms and neck get very red. I have to dry my neck, back of my neck and face right after my work outs or the sweat will dry and I get very itchy.
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    A soaking wet t-shirt MAKES my day!! I love it. I feel like I have acutally accomplished something for the day! Sure, in a way, I suppose it is a little discusting. But who cares, that is what a shower and washing machine are for! I get red in the face too, which I am not as happy about as the sweating. But, nothing I can really do about it.
  • corbitt
    corbitt Posts: 1
    Options
    I sweat like crazy. I have been jogging a lot. (I'm up to 6 miles) My face is absolutely blood red when I am finished and I am completely drenched with sweat. That really doesn't bother me as much as the burning on my face as I am jogging. Anyone else deal with this and possibly have some advice on what you do?
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I too sweat alot especially on my face chest and back, but I don't care because I know that I worked hard and wear my sweat like a badge of honor!!! On a serious note, it may be your sodium intake as well, I would start sweating the moment I walked a block, but when I talked to my fitness expert, she explained to me that my sodium intake was too high, which was also a factor in sweating without really doing anything. Don't worry about it, you workout, you proud about it, and can't nobody walk in your shoes!!!!!
  • green328
    Options
    I'm no medical man, but I understand that sweating (or perspiring for those people who don't describe themselves as 'Gushing') is simply the bodies reaction to core temperature rise, that turns the entire surface area of your body into a heat sink, allowing the heat to evaporate away with the moisture.
    For the lady's out there, I suggest you uncover as much surface area as possible when in the gym, you'll feel cooler when exercising, and I'll have something better than MTV to watch as I exercise. But please, for the chaps , I get enough surface area in the steam room thanks very much.

As far as some people sweating more than others, different strokes for different folk's. You may as well ask why some people have hairy backs?, or cross eyes, or god forbid, ginger hair?.

Anyone out there who feels they are not normal, relax. So you sweat when you exercise, at least you do exercise.