How nit-picky are you about calorie counting?

Options
124»

Replies

• perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I used to be nit-picky, but not anymore. It's silly if you don't plan on counting calories for the rest of your life.
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I weigh everything and track almost everything , i dont track coffee but i do log my milk for the day that goes into it .
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    If it goes in my mouth it goes on my log. I don't normally snag a bit of spinach when I'm making a salad or anything like that, nor do I chew gum/have mints, which makes it a little easier. I DO sometimes use a drink mix and that goes on my log, definitely. But I'm obsessive about tracking everything, every day. :)
  • barrattandrew
    Options
    I try to track everything. Generally if I have to guestimate something I'll pick a higher value, but its only by tracking that I have got reasonably good at guestimating the numbers for other things. Also having a day where I weighed out 100g of multiple foods so that I could get an idea of what 100g looked like and could equate it to calories. e.g. 100g almonds = 500 calories, yet only looks like a fairly small amount etc.
    I'd say the main thing is just to be consistent. However if you work on the its less than 5 calories I'll not track it, and do that a lot you could find yourself missing a few hundred calories a week. That could be a 1lb fat gain in a month.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I don't log those stray bites or samples individually, but if they accumulate throughout the day (and I have an obsessive memory now when it comes to recalling things I eat) I'll log it as a miscellaneous 50 or 100 cals or whatever.

Or I'll just tack on another 5 minutes to my workout and call it even.

But I do measure and portion just about everything. My food scale is wonderful for that, because it's more accurate to go based on weight rather than using measuring cups or just "eyeballing". And when I'm cooking I log everything, from the oil in the pan to the seasonings used. Everything adds up.

^^^This is me too!
  • thejubster1
    thejubster1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'd have to agree with Haanmom.. I could get obsessive about things, so I work very hard to not be nit-picky...

I log a day ahead as a way of meal planning - and then tweak if I add things/ don't eat something. I guess I make sure I log the less healthy items - and don't fuss too much if I don't get to log healthier items like a couple of strawberries.